PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

People think we're cheating by placing Jeff Demps on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on which "moderator" is on when you post, Modest...if 32green is logged on forget about posting...he's Hitler/Stalin/Mao/Idi Amin all rolled up into one ball of putrefyingly green hate.

You're welcome. I actually joined that forum a few days ago since I anticipated they would get Koppen and wouldn't mind him landing there. I'm wondering if the moderators there will ban me for simply calling out their clearly uneducated posters.

Seriously... Player to IR cheat cheat blah blah blah :bricks: If you're banned for that, clearly they just have a maximum level of dialogue that's allowable when talking about other NFL teams.

well, he did get injured in the last game and did not return after getting his knee rolled up on. It seems everyone is interested in what the Pats do instead of taking care of thier own team.

This..... I haven't been to the Cowgirls forum for awhile, but it seems to be getting more like a Jest board. Bickering amongst themselves and calling every visitor a troll. Every Pats discussion is on the lines of "The cheaters reign is about to end, No more Brady.... No more BB = No more Pats" I think half of their theads are about the Pats or some other team. Bitter adolescent homers. Just a handfull of level headed "Fans". One thing is for sure, The Pats are in EVERYONES head..:D..:singing::rocker:

To me, Belichick is outsmarting himself by putting Demps, unless Demps does have a serious injury, on IR. Too bad. I was looking forward to watching Demps play. Now I can look forward to seeing starting corners return kickoffs.

Of course it links to PFT, brain food for idiots.

Every Patriot story has the we're not saying he's doing something underhanded but he's doing something underhanded slant to it. Followed by a couple hundred CHEATERS!! comments from the brainless idiots.

everything the Pats do is well within the rules. The other organizations are just too stupid to figure out how to get the advantage.

Our front office is far superior to any other in the league IMO. When other teams quit *****ing about the Patriots, you know we are no longer relevant...plus Dallas is just pissed we are Americas team and they are a mess of an organization.

Last edited:
You're welcome. I actually joined that forum a few days ago since I anticipated they would get Koppen and wouldn't mind him landing there. I'm wondering if the moderators there will ban me for simply calling out their clearly uneducated posters.

Kudos - I was laughing pretty hard at your first post on there.

This..... I haven't been to the Cowgirls forum for awhile, but it seems to be getting more like a Jest board. Bickering amongst themselves and calling every visitor a troll. Every Pats discussion is on the lines of "The cheaters reign is about to end, No more Brady.... No more BB = No more Pats" I think half of their theads are about the Pats or some other team. Bitter adolescent homers. Just a handfull of level headed "Fans". One thing is for sure, The Pats are in EVERYONES head..:D..:singing::rocker:

Almost two decades without a playoff win + watching a division rival win 2 SBs in five years... makes sense that it would mess with their heads a little. I don't even think Cowboys fans are bad, all in all--I like a lot of them--but to whatever extent they do have a bit of screw loose, it's somewhat understandable.

I should know better, but I'm always surprised when a story like this gets treated like some sort of scandal, like hiring McDaniels or signing Ballard.

What kind of rule is being broken by putting Demps on IR? What kind of advantage are the Patriots getting by having a player unavailable for the season?

Also, trying to see things from Demps' perspective, I don't believe he going to want to risk a move to the PS and being picked up by another team when he just went through the process of choosing NE as a free agent a few weeks ago.

Looks like they edited your post. Just says "clearly cheating" now.

"OMGz, BB being smarter than all other coaches again OMGGGZzzz, cheater!" Haha, it must suck being a fan of an NFL organization that isn't the Patriots;)

LOL! Being a fan of another NFL team is like worshipping Osama bin Laden! Haha!!!

Romo is actually a very good quarterback. Something else is wrong down there. I am always surprised to look at Romo's stats, especially playing in that division which is much tougher than the AFC Least.

The Cowboys are perpetually out of balance on their cap, sort of like the Redskins and the Jets with a few guys getting most of the money. They also always have a fatal flaw at one position group on each side of the ball. Jerry Jones is too emotional about personnel - he's a jock sniffer along the lines of Al Davis, God rest his polyester soul.

Their fans are pretty knowledgeable. I have an account at their board and get a fix of NFC goings on there. I'm impressed they think the Patriots cheat. It means they're paying attention and that they're jealous.

i'm not as high on Romo as you are, but otherwise I think you're on to something there.

I think that Jerry Jones is so...my word is "antsy" but I think it's the same thing you mean by "emotional." I just get the feeling that the team ends up in a state of permanent imbalance of one kind or another because Jones is constantly panicking behind the scenes about one thing or another.

This was never clearer than in his failure to let "Jimmy be Jimmy" and realize that he had a great NFL HC in Jimmy Johnson. Instead, he allowed his own anxieties turn the situation toxic, when it was his job as the "grownup" in the situation to back off, famously saying after the 1993/4 SB that any one of "100 coaches" could have won Johnson's two.

Deep in his heart, I think he knows that without Johnson there would be no Lombardi replica on Barry Switzer's coffee table and that, in letting Johnson leave, he gave up a chance to build a Belichickean dynasty in Dallas to match that of Bum Bright and Tom Landry and Tex Schramm, the latter two of whom he also fired.

People think we're cheating..... Good it will keep eating and eating at them, making they're wretched lives hell. I think we're all sick of their ignorance and envy which manifests itself in hate, so let it bother them, and lets us only worry about the pats.

Last edited:
People think we're cheating..... Good it will keep eating and eating at them, making they're wretched lives hell. I think we're all sick of their ignorance and envy which manifests itself in hate, so let it bother them, and lets us only worry about the pats.
Especially Rah! Rah! of Jets Insider infamy!

And now check THIS one out.

It's from Mike Florio, so it's not surprising. Read the comments and you'll see some posters citing other examples of the same thing, but that doesn't stop the loser fans of loser franchises from demanding something be done.

Face it.....Haters are going to hate. If you aren't good enough to hate, then no one cares what you do, like the Broncos getting a slap on the wrist for actually doing, taping another team's walk-through, what the Pats were accused of, and exonerated of.

Pats’ stashing of Jeff Demps is suspicious, but don’t count on anything happening | ProFootballTalk

"We saw it coming. Pretty much everyone who pays close attention to the NFL saw it coming.

The Patriots signed a sprinter after the Olympics, three weeks into training camp. And Jeff Demps chose the Pats over the Buccaneers, citing the family-based environment in New England.

With limited time to get him ready to contribute as a rookie, the Patriots had a decision to make. Would they carry on the 53-man roster someone who wasn’t ready? Or would they cut Demps and hope that neither the Bucs nor anyone else would try to break up the family by making a waivers claim before Demps could be added to the practice squad?"

"And before anyone cries “no harm, no foul” because the player wants to stay in New England, keep one important point in mind. Jake Ballard also wanted to be in New York. But the Giants exposed him to waivers during the season, and the Patriots snatched him."

What a collection of fail this article is. Note to Giants, it's unfortunate that you had to endure the hardship of an 89 man roster while everyone else has 90, but if you have a player you don't want to lose, here is a rule of thumb....

DON'T PUT THAT PLAYER ON WAIVERS!!!!!!!!!!

And now check THIS one out.

It's from Mike Florio, so it's not surprising. Read the comments and you'll see some posters citing other examples of the same thing, but that doesn't stop the loser fans of loser franchises from demanding something be done.

Face it.....Haters are going to hate. If you aren't good enough to hate, then no one cares what you do, like the Broncos getting a slap on the wrist for actually doing, taping another team's walk-through, what the Pats were accused of, and exonerated of.

Pats’ stashing of Jeff Demps is suspicious, but don’t count on anything happening | ProFootballTalk

"We saw it coming. Pretty much everyone who pays close attention to the NFL saw it coming.

The Patriots signed a sprinter after the Olympics, three weeks into training camp. And Jeff Demps chose the Pats over the Buccaneers, citing the family-based environment in New England.

With limited time to get him ready to contribute as a rookie, the Patriots had a decision to make. Would they carry on the 53-man roster someone who wasn’t ready? Or would they cut Demps and hope that neither the Bucs nor anyone else would try to break up the family by making a waivers claim before Demps could be added to the practice squad?"

"And before anyone cries “no harm, no foul” because the player wants to stay in New England, keep one important point in mind. Jake Ballard also wanted to be in New York. But the Giants exposed him to waivers during the season, and the Patriots snatched him."

What a collection of fail this article is. Note to Giants, it's unfortunate that you had to endure the hardship of an 89 man roster while everyone else has 90, but if you have a player you don't want to lose, here is a rule of thumb....

DON'T PUT THAT PLAYER ON WAIVERS!!!!!!!!!!

Florio is an idiot. The Giants could have IRed Ballard without subjecting waivers too if they waited until the cutdown day to IR him, but they didn't want to tie up his roster spot until this past Friday. These are apples and oranges comparisons.

i love this. there's seriously nothing that fuels my love for Patriot Football more than the hatred and jealousy of lesser teams.

Been reading Giants fans boards and they are complaining big time. What they don't realize is if the Pats waived Demps. There is now way he would have slipped past 30 teams to the Giants #32 waiver position

I dont even get why its "suspicious".. the guy had his knee rolled up on, was taken out of the game, didn't come back and was seen limping pretty badly.

You never take a player at his word when he says he's "fine".

Am I wrong in thinking that there was enough talent to Demps even with the short training camp that BB would have at least kept him on as a KR if in fact there wasn't some kind of injury?

dallas is worrying about US cheating when that franchise's history is full of crack heads and crack hoes ? no one in ne has gone to jail for taping defensive signals that get changed all the time. must be that crappy mexican crack going to their brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents