PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect people being considered is a result of other posters whining to the mods about him/her. For any "adult" to go out of their way and complain about anyone or anything on an online forum is lame AF.

Ian has done his part by designing the ignore poster/thread feature. Yet, he probably continues to get complaints. Obviously, once confronted if the person doesn't respect the hierarchy then any banning is on that individual. So, I agree with your point but wanted to clarify mine.
Fair enough.

It’s him. He’s the only guy that called me “Kontraceptive” and thought it was clever. Same avatar, same posting style, same beliefs... hell his “real” name listed in his profile is even “Chris.” So chin up, buckaroo.

Settle down Mr.Birth Control.

I suspect people being considered is a result of other posters whining to the mods about him/her.

3jg7od.jpg

thinking about leaving and coming back as Buckaroo Banzai....

I'm new here so bear with me, but is that poster you guys are referring to really the infamous tylaw guy from nbcsports comments section.

Last edited:
It’s him. He’s the only guy that called me “Kontraceptive” and thought it was clever. Same avatar, same posting style, same beliefs... hell his “real” name listed in his profile is even “Chris.” So chin up, buckaroo.

If so, I stand corrected and agree with fnord that this is only a positive for my entertainment level while he lasts on here. That other time was gold, Jerry!

I suspect people being considered is a result of other posters whining to the mods about him/her. For any "adult" to go out of their way and complain about anyone or anything on an online forum is lame AF.

Ian has done his part by designing the ignore poster/thread feature. Yet, he probably continues to get complaints. Obviously, once confronted if the person doesn't respect the hierarchy then any banning is on that individual.
It's rare that anyone is removed and I try and make an effort to really explain any issue I have and work with the poster to prevent that. 90% of the time, things work out and it's fine. Other times, there are cases where the poster isn't able - or just won't - avoid the situations that caused the issue to begin with. If that happens and they just won't change, that's when I'm forced to make a move - and I hate doing it.

And I do believe in second chances, which has seen me avoid re-banning a previously banned user under a new account in recent years (which had previously been something I wasn't a fan of doing) if I see the behavior has improved and there aren't really any issues. But if they start to cross a line, I'll reach out again and ask that they tone it down but the leniency isn't quite as good for a repeat offender vs someone who really hasn't ever crossed my radar. And usually if there is an issue, after we discuss it, don't take it personally because I forget about it and it's never held against you unless it starts becoming a frequent occurrence.

Either way, I take zero joy in either case, whether it's having to ask a user to tone it down or by banning anyone. This is just a football message board and surviving here isn't that tough. Don't be a jerk, don't consistently be miserable and derail threads by being miserable and if you're going to make a critical post, just put more effort into it than "so-and-so sucks" or "the team sucks" or "there's no way they're going to win". It's a little annoying. Tell us why you feel that way and back it up a little.

Again, I'm not saying you can't have that opinion. Just don't force the rest of us hoping that this 10-3 team might surprise everyone and go on a run to have to see you post it 50 times. Having debates is what makes threads interesting and all I'm saying is just make a little bit of an effort, but also don't be surprised at the backlash...unfortunately...I can't help you there ;)

“Yeah... I’ll call him Kontraceptive. That will get me a few laughs.”

And all this time I thought Kontra lifted. Sad to see my image shattered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, another helpful tip: if you start seeing a number of your posts start disappearing (not the occasional 1 or 2, but multiple), that probably means you're doing it wrong and either myself or another mod needs you to please stop doing whatever it might have been that made that happen and stay on topic. :cool:

And I do believe in second chances, which has seen me avoid re-banning a previously banned user under a new account in recent years. But if they start to cross a line, I'll reach out again and ask that they tone it down but the leniency isn't quite as good for a repeat offender vs someone who really hasn't ever crossed my radar.
Thanks for clarification. I'm certain you spend way too much time keeping the site running to have to chase around unruly posters. It's clear to me you just want everyone to have a good time on the forum even when disagreeing.

On another note, do you think NFL will be less lenient with Pats as repeat offenders in the Cinci taping case? ;)

Reactions: Ian
On another note, do you think NFL will be less lenient with Pats as repeat offenders in the Cinci taping case? ;)
I honestly have no idea what's going to happen there. I feel like Goodell doesn't handle peer pressure well when it comes to the owners, nor does he tend to do what he really should do based on the facts - which we've seen first hand in the past. So based on those two things alone, I think we all might end up being a little irritated with this outcome :eek:

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen there. I feel like Goodell doesn't handle peer pressure well when it comes to the owners, nor does he tend to do what he really should do based on the facts - which we've seen first hand in the past. So based on those two things alone, I think we all might end up being a little irritated with this outcome :eek:
Agree.

I don't like the way this is trending. Yesterday would have been a perfect opportunity for Ginger Goofball to take a nothing-to-see-here position.

But noooooo. He needs to make this, "A thing".

And I do believe in second chances...

I can attest to @Ian believing in second chances, more even. BTW, that check is in the mail Ian. Is Thursday still okay for me to come by and clean those gutters?

On a personal note, I'm hopeful this eleventh chance will do the trick for me. The 24/7 priapism and man boobs notwithstanding, I think Dr Fnord really has my meds dialed in this time.

Agree.

I don't like the way this is trending. Yesterday would have been a perfect opportunity for Ginger Goofball to take a nothing-to-see-here position.

But noooooo. He needs to make this, "A thing".
Oh damn, just realized there are two Gingers involved: Goofball and the Red Rifle.

We're screwed.

The problem is when the owners pressure Goodell to do something, it’s not peer pressure. It’s boss pressure.

Goodell is a man with zero integrity but is at least intelligent enough to realize what side his bread is buttered on.

Reactions: Ian
Goodell should be a celebrity judge when he retires.

I'd rather he be celebrity incarceree and serial soap dropper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents