PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curran:

The situation is that they have the tape. Spin and reporting do not matter. They just have to look at the tape. If there are hand signals on it, the Pats are screwed.

“What really drew the interest of the Bengals is the fact they were shooting into the bench area," Pelissero said on The Aftermath. "I have spoken with several people familiar of what was in that tape, including one person who has seen that tape, and said it included video of the Bengals coaches making signals and then panning out into the field."

Yikes. If he was taping this stuff - then I ask why? Is it worth all the crap to tape Bengal signs? Jeez. Like we need more of this.

Holy ****.. this is completely made up. So much for Journalistic integrity.

The situation is that they have the tape. Spin and reporting do not matter. They just have to look at the tape. If there are hand signals on it, the Pats are screwed.

Why would they be screwed????

The policy is that taping can be done from a covered portion of the stadium and cannot be used by the videotaping team during the particular game. Once again, there is nothing to stop someone posing as a fan in the stands from using a cellphone to do it. The key is that it just cannot be shared with team personnel during that particular game to gain an advantage.

What exactly would be the issue??????

Why? Is there a rule against it? And who uses hand signals when you have helmet mics?

Why would they be screwed????

The policy is that taping can be done from a covered portion of the stadium and cannot be used by the videotaping team during the particular game.

What exactly would be the issue??????

If they are obtaining the tape using a false excuse and they are investigating it for that reason, it apparently is not OK. If it was fine, why confiscate the tape? I don’t know what happened and some of the reporting may be flat out wrong. But I am not ready to buy all the talk about a misunderstanding yet either.

Does any team use hand signals still?

I had a feeling we were missing a good pre-superbowl scandal this year. This should help greatly, thank you bengals!

And by the way, what are they going to do? Take away draft picks? We can’t draft anyway so take that NFL!

Now we know WHY the Bengals are 1-12.

They are the only team in the NFL not using helmet mics.

Matt Chatham

✔@chatham58

*This would include the Bengals person who reported it & any “investigator” who didn’t laugh in that person’s face. There’s absolutely nothing to be learned in ‘19 by pointing a camera at an NFL sideline. Record your
2764.png
out, anyone in the stadium can.
How do people not know this?

5:06 PM - Dec 9, 2019 · Wrentham, MA

As long as we don't lose a first!! Why the hell do we need to cheat to beat Cincinnati??? Lol

On the bright side, the last time they got falsely accused of crap like this, they decided to wreck the league....except for that pesky Super Bowl business, but never mind that!

Matt Chatham

✔@chatham58

*This would include the Bengals person who reported it & any “investigator” who didn’t laugh in that person’s face. There’s absolutely nothing to be learned in ‘19 by pointing a camera at an NFL sideline. Record your
2764.png
out, anyone in the stadium can.
How do people not know this?

5:06 PM - Dec 9, 2019 · Wrentham, MA
Then why did the NFL take the tape?? And why are we discussing this??

Honestly, THIS is just what the team needed!!!!!!!!!!

I have a sinking feeling that this video is going to be a Rorschach test and everyone is going to see what they want in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down