PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anybody anticipating fairness from the league... let me remind these "scoops" have been consistently leaked to Schefter (and others) on gameday.

I will never forgive the Herald or John Tomase. They cost the perfect season by dropping this lie story at the Super Bowl. I have not bought a Herald since. How Tomase still has a job is amazing.
Not only has a job but is admired and defended by virtually all of the local media.

I predict 500 K fine and a third rounder taken and that’s assuming no link is found.

I will never forgive the Herald or John Tomase. They cost the perfect season by dropping this lie story at the Super Bowl. I have not bought a Herald since. How Tomase still has a job is amazing.
I can’t believe some people believe that is the reason they lost. I watched the game. Porous OL & Brady in a boot all week preceding the SB. And a D that (1) didn’t tackle Eli (2) didn’t break up a semi-hail Mary (3) didn’t intercept the ball. I saw a historic O basically get shut down by a NYG DL playing out of its mind.

Tomase, nor the Herald cost NE the SB. They are grown men. They lost.

For anybody anticipating fairness from the league... let me remind these "scoops" have been consistently leaked to Schefter (and others) on gameday.

I think it’s a lock that any penalty will go way over and above what anyone would consider fair.

Pretty much..

Like Caesars wife the New England Patriots must be beyond reproach.

I predict 500 K fine and a third rounder taken and that’s assuming no link is found.

Sounds about right...Goodell will invoke his "should have known" standard and take into account spygate 1.0

Sounds about right...Goodell will invoke his "should have known" standard and take into account spygate 1.0

Yep.

They could also swap our low 3rd with the Bengals 4th if they want to follow the Giants precedent.

It would be weird to take away more for a non football violation than a football violation (piping in sound is a clear attempt to affect the game).

Just a reminder to double my effort to spend as little money as possible on the NFL.

Yeah, the NFL will send you a cease and desist order and threaten to have you arrested for violating the terms of your ticket purchase by rebroadcasting their product without their permission, and will likely ban you from going to games for a period of time.
Exactly. The frustrating thing is not the reaction from the media or other rabid fans who don't know better (we've been here before). It's the fact that, the organization should know how things like this will be perceived.

The words videotape should be considered the biggest taboo in this organization. Them even considering filming a game from a press box should have likely been vetoed by Kraft because even if they did things correctly, just the whispers of it aren't worth this stupid documentary. Beyond that, the Patriots should have gotten explicit permissions from the NFL and Bengals. Written permission. Have them have security watch them.

Like Caesars wife the New England Patriots must be beyond reproach.

And the other 31 owner play the senators' wives in Caligula's time.

Yep.

They could also swap our low 3rd with the Bengals 4th if they want to follow the Giants precedent.

which wouldn't be a huge drop off considering where both teams are picking...

???

Advance scouts are ALWAYS at a game the team isn't participating in, against their next opponent.

That's what advanced scouting IS!!
No crap. But they don’t carry a camera crew with them.

And if you’re going to carry a camera crew, probably want to give the next opponent a heads up, don’t ya think?

Since when do we forgive idiocy around here?

What the hell does this even mean?

Pretty much..

He’s gonna go full Bob Kraft. Can’t wait to see the written statement whereby he gladly accepts an absurdly stupid, draconian penalty. I hope he does a live presser.

It means his initial report was ********, and whomever he used a source gave him crap intel.

This is why it's hard to respect tweet-journalists. Get the facts before being the first to publish *cough MORT cough*

I'm guessing it means that investigation is ongoing and there has been no discussion of any potential discipline.

Also could imply that any suggestion of potential discipline or a timeline on an announcement is pure speculation.

what if he asked them if they had permission and they said they did? Don’t forget what happened when the jets were caught filming from the sidelines. They claimed they had permission to do it. They didn’t know who gave them permission. And others denied that anyone gave them permission. But the NFL announced that the Jets had permission to cheat.
I doubt that this will be what happened. I'm sure they had permission to film inside the pressbox, but that is different than filming the Bengals sideline. BB said immediately the next day that the film crew broke the rules. I really don't think the penalty will be major, because I highly doubt there was any connection to football operations other than the fact that the fime crew was there to do a story on football operations. That does not change the fact, however, anyone who is part of football operations remotely familiar with "spygate" should know the will treat the Pats differently than the other 31 teams in a situation like this and yes step in and tell the jamokes with a camera to not traini the film on the Bengal's sideline!!! This was such a stupid F'ing unforced error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots