PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Penalties being considered for the Pats - UPDATED 1/1/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB won’t get suspended but Im starting to wonder if this incident puts a real crack into Bill and Tom’s relationship with the Patriots organization.

We are now “cheaters” again and Bill and Brady’s legacy is dented once again because someone under Kraft’s umbrella thought it would be a good idea to point a fkng camera at another team’s sideline. Let that sink in.

I can’t blame Bill if he’s thinking screw these guys and he bolts or retires in the near future.

Was it dumb? In hindsight, hell yes.

But I mean....good grief. It’s a team’s production video crew shooting a web series on an advanced scout for their website miniseries, that the freakin home team Cleveland Browns approved.

I despise the media with a passion. Absolute nonsense to try and twist this into “cheating”.

The goddamn angle, which is freaking B-Roll, is the same angle any fan in the stands had. Just completely moronic.

BB won’t get suspended but Im starting to wonder if this incident puts a real crack into Bill and Tom’s relationship with the Patriots organization.

We are now “cheaters” again and Bill and Brady’s legacy is dented once again because someone under Kraft’s umbrella thought it would be a good idea to point a fkng camera at another team’s sideline. Let that sink in.

I can’t blame Bill if he’s thinking screw these guys and he bolts or retires in the near future.

Bill had nothing to do with this, so why would Tom be upset at him? Some of these posts make no sense...

BB ain't getting sh**. Stop being so fu**ing dramatic.

From what is being leaked by the league and the manner in which it's being leaked, it seems that a draft pick and a fine are a foregone conclusion, with additional draft picks and suspensions not being take off the table. :/

Was it dumb? In hindsight, hell yes.

But I mean....good grief. It’s a team’s production video crew shooting a web series on an advanced scout for their website miniseries, that the freakin home team Cleveland Browns approved.

I despise the media with a passion. Absolute nonsense to try and twist this into “cheating”.

The goddamn angle, which is freaking B-Roll, is the same angle any fan in the stands had. Just completely moronic.
What you say might be true, but it’s not nearly as moronic as risking the reputation of an entire franchise by having a stupid website show run (evidently) by people who don’t know the importance of following protocol.

The morons here are the Patriots. Everyone in that building should be told - in no uncertain terms - to follow the rules.

Last edited:
The decision on punishment for the Pats is taking way too long. If they wanted to minimize this they would have fined the pats and have been done with it quickly.
All the talking heads on BSPN are clamoring for a big penalty.

I suspect it will be bad and probably as much as the deflate gate penalty (at least)

hope not but it could be docking of at least 1st and 4th again and huge organizational fines. The organization should have gone the extra mile and made sure that everyone affiliated with the team in any fashion knew the rules. The fact that this happened may be an indicator to the league that they did not take spygate seriously as an organization.

Simply put; this time there is no defense or excuse and as a repeat offender the hammer will come down.

Bill had nothing to do with this, so why would Tom be upset at him? Some of these posts make no sense...

I’m saying Bill and Tom’s legacy is now damaged again because we are again perceived as cheaters. People are saying all our titles are tainted by cheating again. They erased that once and it will be hard to erase it again. Not by anything Bill or TB did... but by sheer negligence by the Kraft video team. Think about it. I wouldn’t blame Bill if he’s had enough of this crap.

From what is being leaked by the league and the manner in which it's being leaked, it seems that a draft pick and a fine are a foregone conclusion, with additional draft picks and suspensions not being take off the table. :/

Yeah if the league has evidence that it was deliberate and/or came from the football ops the sky is the limit.

I’m saying Bill and Tom’s legacy is now damaged again because we are again perceived as cheaters. People are saying all our titles are tainted by cheating again. They erased that once and it will be hard to erase it again. Not by anything they did... but by sheer negligence by the Kraft video team. I wouldn’t blame Bill if he’s had enough of this crap.

I don't think he's too upset...

So, maybe I missed it, but when are we expected to hear the bullsh** punishment? They gonna publish the results Sunday, after we beat the Bills so the good feeling we have of a division win over a quality opponent is overshadowed?

Screw this. If they have to do anything make Kraft go to a spa where the people giving handies are big burly dudes.
I thought he did

The League probably splits it down the middle and penalizes 500k and a 3rd round pick.
All of this is just incredibly stupid. Whoever is in charge of Kraft productions and decided to pull this stunt needs a severe reprimand and we need an apology from Kraft. Very disappointing and stupid move when we know the entire nation already is against the Patriots and there is a perception of cheating out there.

The league should explain exactly what advantage it could have that otherwise is unachievable.

I’m saying Bill and Tom’s legacy is now damaged again because we are again perceived as cheaters. People are saying all our titles are tainted by cheating again. They erased that once and it will be hard to erase it again. Not by anything Bill or TB did... but by sheer negligence by the Kraft video team. Think about it. I wouldn’t blame Bill if he’s had enough of this crap.

Right, so it's people left of the bell curve, with small wee wees and who breath through their mouth a lot.

Again, the video shows no malice or intent. It's players running out to the field.

Is it a wonder why the country is going down the crapper? I mean, we have a moron president with a dead fox on his head that got elected with Russian involvement, and these same people are foaming at the mouth as losers proclaiming this is some outrageous cheating violation, when NE followed all protocols.

I mean, the rule is set up for the football ops. not a documentary group. It'd be one thing if there was some effort to zoom in from behind on the people giving signals, but I am not seeing it.

The claim does not match the evidence.

You should really turn your anger towards Goodell and his lying of what Spygate was. He lied, had to make it seem super sinister to sell the punishment so it wouldn't look so obvious, and this has caused a paranoia that clearly carries over, even if it makes 100% no sense, other than people from Kraft Productions identifying themselves and the fact defensive calls are called in through the headset.

It's almost like the media is trying to apply 2007 pre-technology standards to today, when it's just not there.

Again, how do you attempt to get away with something when you're watched like a hawk anyway, known to be held to a different standard, and are supposed to be desperate trying to steal some kind of signal with no zooming and from behind?

If anything the video makes Cincy's claim look worse.

That penalty is what I expect if the league decides it was a “mistake” and nothing more.

We better hope that’s all it was.

Umm, I also would like an apology from the Chiefs game with just unacceptable officiating, and an apology from Cincy for trying to make this seem like something, when it clearly isn't.

The real hope is the team rallies around this as well and goes off in January. Give me BB and Brady with more reason to slap the daylights out of another paper tiger all day long.

For the love of god, why is our country so dumb now?

The league should explain exactly what advantage it could have that otherwise is unachievable.
The Patriots should explain why they continue to ignore league mandates

BB wont get suspended unless he himself does something monumentally stupid, he knows where the bodies are buried and wont go down with a whimper like Kraft.

Yep. Agreed. He’s right. What a dumb dumb move by the organization.

I am sorry, but that guy sold out to ESPN. It's so ridiculous to think that BB made Bruschi's career and he's up there toeing the company line to be able to keep his job next to Rex Ryan, the mouthbreather he is.

Why is there an "awareness" needed, Tedy? You need an "awareness" to clear everything with the team's stadium and shoot some generic, background documentary footage. I mean, how stupid can this guy be? The Walkthrough tape you said was a distraction to your team on the eve of SB 42 and it was a lie.

The team is set to get a possible 2 seed again with a crap offense, and it drives people insane that's the case.

You call it an "awareness" and I call you a sell out to ESPN. Period. You could have a job at NESN, WEEI, etc, but you sold out the very organization that believed Goodell, did not question the former NFL coaches on Spygate who backed BB, that didn't see the obvious inconsistencies, that did it with Deflategate, as you sat there and DEFENDED NE with Deflategate.

Can anyone answer this Why is it always left for us to dig out from a framejob?

This is like saying how it could be so dumb for Brady to tell Whinebaugh to "check the rulebook". Why should we have to constantly fend off attacks and framejobs for no reason?

He answered the question in his own answer...BB doing the 100 greatest player and the Saban/BB doc. This is what I just said...It's like over-exposure for Kraft. It's somewhat true, but at the same time, it's not right to allow a framejob for Goodell and an AFC team to cheat.

That's it. That's literally it. People can't stand it. They're so jealous, they will do whatever to cause harm, but why on earth is it allowed? That's the question.

We're supposed to expect a guy shooting a documentary to understand this disease, this Patriots Derangement Syndrome. Ugh.

Here's a hint: Stop harassing the Pats due to jealousy.

So, we get cheated because other people cannot stand the success, Tedy? Hmm, Tedy? Hmm? Because when BB came back to the Pats in 2000, you were a solid, but fledgling little player that Carroll had you out oof position on on that defense. And then, BB comes in and transforms your entire career and coaches you up.

This is what you're doing on ESPN now? As far as I am concerned, shut yer mouth and you're not welcome back in NE.

I cannot disingenuous commentary for a paycheck.

This is not part of the gameday ops. Period.

Check this shyt out.

I'm dismayed.

ezgif.com-resize (1).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand