PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patsfans Masochism: Your most hated patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the frustration with Reche in the AFCCG, but his catch on 3rd-and-10 that effectively won the game the week prior was an awesome play that gets lost in playoff runs that fall short.

Regards,
Chris

I get the frustration with Reche in the AFCCG, but his catch on 3rd-and-10 that effectively won the game the week prior was an awesome play that gets lost in playoff runs that fall short.

Regards,
Chris
Besides, that dropped pass was Not the reason we lost that game; not even close. In fact, his drop had less to do with that missed opportunity than many realize. There was a penalty flag thrown against Jabbar Gaffney for Illegal Motion during the previous play that negated a 6-yard gain by Troy Brown on 1st/10. Then, for some feckin stupid reason, Brady was under Center on 1st/15 when if he had been in the shotgun, he would have EASILY seen BugEyes IMMEDIATELY, and BugEyes could've feckin WALKED into the EZ. I'll always believe that BugEyes panicked when the throw finally came to him, because he knew he had to hurry the feck up before Bethea arrived, so he started to run before he secured the ball.

Last edited:
Besides, that dropped pass was Not the reason we lost that game; not even close. In fact, his drop had less to do with that missed opportunity than many realize. If anyone were to re-watch the couple of minutes before and after, they might see another thing or two that also happened...
Reche was an unsung hero in the 4th quarter of the Chargers game: recovering the McCree fumble that TB80 forced, catching the ensuing TD and the monster 3rd-and-10 catch that flipped the field and set up Gostkowski's game winner.

All good will gone within a week.

Regards,
Chris

Hayneworth. Not a murderer, but at least Hernandez contributed on the field when he wasn't out shooting people. I hated the "make it rain" c--p, though. Close call.
So you're saying you hate my avatar?Lol.

I actually thought his celebration was hilarious and different. He then incorporated opening a vault and "making it rain". That was his shtick ala McCoy with his weird dance. I don't know what the hell that is.

That guy was an absolute beast on the field. For a guy his size, he had insane cutting ability in the open field. Wow!

Rodney Harrison says he pled with Seau to check out of that asinine all-out blitz that gave Eli the easy gamewinning throw to Plaxico over marooned Hobbs, but Seau refused. Grrrr. (Double Grrr on the coaches for calling it in the first place.)
Piggy backing off of that, Rodney said he didn't agree with the call and only went along with it out of his respect for Seau who he looked up to in SD.

Piggy backing off of that, Rodney said he didn't agree with the call and only went along with it out of his respect for Seau who he looked up to in SD.
I will never understand that call. By design it leaves a smurf isolated on a tall receiver. And it was a short field so it’s not like Manning would have to hold the ball to let the play develop - whatever a pass would be it would be quick, leaving a big blitz no time to get there while hanging the DBs out to dry. And sure enough, a short drop and quick throw.

If I ever got BB under truth serum that’d be the game I’d ask him about. Yes, I know Goodell goons were grilling them Saturday because of Turd Thomase, but the gameplan was installed before then. So many coaching decisions in that game on both sides of the ball I could never understand.

Last edited:
Scott Chandler was a huge disappointment. I've never seen a softer 6'7" man.

Speaking of TE disappointments, remember when we had Dan Gronk for a tiny little bit? This was at the start of 2011, so for a short while, the rest of the NFL was in absolute terror at the prospect of a 3TE set with TWO Gronks :eek: and AHern all lining up at the same time! I remember the memeverse had exploded. Ahh, good times!

Still would have been 2nd and 5 (or less) instead of 2nd and 15. That's a huge difference.
By the time Brady found him and threw him the ball, Bethea was closing fast. BugEyes might've gained only 5 yards at that point.

Jake Bequette.
Took up a roster spot/practice squad spot for a few seasons for nothing. Waste of a draft pick. And we still don't know what he had on Belichick.

Merriweather .... always getting dumb penalties

Regards,
Chris
It was a monster catch, but I still wonder how the heck he didn't manage to stay inbounds and score the TD, which would have put the Pats up 7. Yes, the Dillon runs killed more than a minute of clock and in the end it didn't matter since Kaeding missed the 50+ yarder, but still.

As for the AFCCG, I don't think it's fair to blame the Caldwell drop. In my eyes the key play of that game was the OPI call on Troy Brown which negated a Ben Watson first down on 3rd and 6 which would have put the Pats at the Colts 19 with the score 21-3 and 4 minutes left in the first half. Instead they went backwards two times with a sack the following play and had to punt. The D was going on fumes the second half, but I doubt the team would have let a 21-25 point lead slip away.

Adalius Thomas and Shawn Springs. Shut up and do your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes