PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patsfans Masochism: Your most hated patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apples and oranges. How many snaps did Eric Alexander actually play on defense? He may have started a game or two due to injury but Guyton was a full-time starter for multiple seasons.
He was a big reason the Pats ended up losing in Indy in the ‘06 AFCCG.

This thread is the worst.
Sorry about that. This thread is all in humor. It shouldn’t last long.

Mmmm it's hard to hate a player for not being better than he was. It's also hard to hate a player for taking money instead of staying for a discount.

Besides the obvious choices...

Junior Seau - I don't hate him for the person he is. But he took the 2007 SB for granted. Who throws a party days before the big game? The team was not ready to go that day.

Ellis Hobbs - Why mock a player after beating a team? Just not classy.

Brandon Meriweather - He never seemed to want to get with the program. He was to concerned with being the 'big bang clock' and getting big hits to actually play football.

Last edited:
No one. I have a hard time hating people I don’t know.

Well, ok, Deltha O’Neill drove me crazy.

Apples and oranges. How many snaps did Eric Alexander actually play on defense? He may have started a game or two due to injury but Guyton was a full-time starter for multiple seasons.

He was playing D at the end of the 2006 AFCCG vs. the Colts because they had run out of healthy bodies.

I had a less obvious one but bob stole him. Big Bang clock used to annoy the hell out of me. First round safety that was supposed to be a player and even got voted to a couple pro bowls just too into himself and making “highlight reel” tackles instead of being where he was supposed to be, doing what he was supposed to do. I know McCourty gets a ton of hate around here but the number of long stupid TD’s given up since he moved back there have fallen dramatically and that’s all I want from my deep safety.

No one. I have a hard time hating people I don’t know.

Well, ok, Deltha O’Neill drove me crazy.
Who was it that they brought in for the ‘05 season to play CB? Guy from the Ravens. They gave up a third rounder. Now, HE sucked terribly.

Monty Beisel, Chad Brown on that defense. I’m surprised they were able to come back and have the 2nd ranked defense (points allowed) in 2006. That seems quite impressive, looking back.

Am I missing something here? Did he do something bad or are we just basing this on performance?
I think their comments are due to poor performance.

I think their comments are due to poor performance.
I guess I’ve forgotten that he played so poorly in that 06 championship game.

I mean he was never anything special, but I never considered him THAT terrible of a player.

Yes, sir. Duane Starks. Oh my gosh, he was bad.
I forget about a lot of players we brought in around that 05-06 window. Remember Andre Davis?

My least favorite player by a wide margin, Adalius Thomas. In March of 2007, Thomas, an ex-Raven free agent, signed a 5-year contract with the Patriots worth $35 million, including $20 million in guaranteed money. He played fairly well in 2007 and 2008 but by 2009 it became obvious that he was not on board with 'the Patriot Way', and I believe he created disharmony within the ranks of that 10-6 team which lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to none other than the Ravens. Thankfully he was cut the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back