PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans has never been more divided. It’s time to heal!

On the agenda for tomorrow at PatsFans:
  • Ask me anything with Malcolm Butler, who will be using my Avatar.
  • Creation of a new fanboy thread for Steve Belichick, called Little Steven’s Warriors, to be posted by @robertweathers
  • Friendly discussion about whether or not Bruce Arians‘ one Super Bowl was a better coaching performance than any of Bill Belichick’s nine.
  • @Actual Pats Fan to post something weird about the flying Elvis logo and its subliminal ties to 1942 Italy.
  • Team Tom members to continue our embarrassing *********** in the Tampa thread while miserable Team Bill members discuss the merits of Marcus Mariota for four first round picks.
LMAO.

Bill i'll defend till the end of the days.

Little Bill is on his own.

LMAO.

Bill i'll defend till the end of the days.

Little Bill is on his own.
I really hope we don't end up with little Bill as succession plan. He can follow the Shula and Shanahan boys and work out of town. At some point, the boys will have to make their own way.

I really hope we don't end up with little Bill as succession plan. He can follow the Shula and Shanahan boys and work out of town. At some point, the boys will have to make their own way.
Exactly. BB Jr could be a great coach. He could suck and daddy has been holding his hand. No idea what goes on there. The players seem to alway say good things about him so who knows...

No question the kid caught a break with his last name but I do think BB Jr has worked hard to get where he is. I believe BB has held him to the same standard as he has with other coaches. If he didn't that would be very bad and I think we'd know it.

Exactly. BB Jr could be a great coach. He could suck and daddy has been holding his hand. No idea what goes on there. The players seem to alway say good things about him so who knows...

No question the kid caught a break with his last name but I do think BB Jr has worked hard to get where he is. I believe BB has held him to the same standard as he has with other coaches. If he didn't that would be very bad and I think we'd know it.
At the very least he hasn't hospitalized two little kids, so he is better than some other coaches kids. I doubt he takes over whenever BB steps down, too big of shoes to fill. Wouldn't be suprised to see him end up on Flores staff if BB calls it quits and then rise or fall from there.

The players seem to alway say good things about him so who knows...
No sh*t, they all saw what happened to Malcolm when he challenged Little Steven.

There's a reason for the massive drain of coaching staff on the team. Nepotism negatively affects retaining talent.

I'd like to see if Saban would hire him as a coach, then we'd know if he's any good.

No sh*t, they all saw what happened to Malcolm when he challenged Little Steven.

There's a reason for the massive drain of coaching staff on the team. Nepotism negatively affects retaining talent.

I'd like to see if anyone other than Saban would hire him as a coach, then we'd know if he's any good.

I'd like to see if Saban would hire him as a coach, then we'd know if he's any good.
There is no proof nepotism has had an adverse effect on the coaching staff.

Aside from all our best coaches leaving the last few years?
They got promotions or better gigs elsewhere.

Sorry but I don't see this nepotism thing being a big issue with the coaching staff.

Sorry but I don't see this nepotism thing being a big issue with the coaching staff.
You've obviously never worked in an environment where nepotism is rampant. It has a cancerous effect on morale.

People have to walk through tulips so as to not offend the offspring, you can't speak candidly in front of them, and promotions aren't fair.

Brendan Daly did a lateral move to the Chiefs where he’s coached now in 5 straight SBs.

Josh Boyer could have been promoted DC in NE rather than follow Flores to Miami where their D is playing very well without Pro Bowl talent.

Here in NE the defense can’t get the right number of players on the field coming out of timeouts and can’t get the right personnel on the field for the down and distance. 2nd half of game in Miami. 3Rd and 1 inside the redzone. Miami in base personnel. The Pats have only two DL lined up between the OTs. Easy 1st down. Dolphins go on to score TD and win a winnable game for the Pats. Shameful coaching that didn’t give its players even a chance to compete on that play.

Brendan Daly did a lateral move to the Chiefs where he’s coached now in 5 straight SBs.

Josh Boyer could have been promoted DC in NE rather than follow Flores to Miami where their D is playing very well without Pro Bowl talent.

Here in NE the defense can’t get the right number of players on the field coming out of timeouts and can’t get the right personnel on the field for the down and distance. 2nd half of game in Miami. 3Rd and 1 inside the redzone. Miami in base personnel. The Pats have only two DL lined up between the OTs. Easy 1st down. Dolphins go on to score TD and win a winnable game for the Pats. Shameful coaching that didn’t give its players even a chance to compete on that play.
Daly left for KC b/c his wife is from there. Lateral move.

Boyer is running Flo's D. So what.

MIA finished 6th in PA and NE finished 7th and had 3 fewer penalties.

So you are using bad sequence to prove BB Jr is not qualified to run the defense?

What about 2019 when they were #1 and the D had High and Chung?

There is no proof nepotism has had an adverse effect on the coaching staff.

You're right...but it is a bad practice in general, and there are quite a few clues that the organization is no longer a shining example of continuous improvement and innovation. I'm not going as far as to say there's a correlation because I don't know, and frankly, the Butler incident with Little Steven might have been a total nothing burger that got overblown. But I also think it's something to monitor closely, and I think scrutiny should always exist for situations like this.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the 20-year inbreeding culture - an echo chamber perfect for upholding a winning blueprint - being an obstacle to rebuilding/reinventing than I am about Little Steven, but he's the perfect face of the concern. And if there were a f*cking guy where you can use face of the concern both literally and figuratively...

1614190101506.png

You're right...but it is a bad practice in general, and there are quite a few clues that the organization is no longer a shining example of continuous improvement and innovation. I'm not going as far as to say there's a correlation because I don't know, and frankly, the Butler incident with Little Steven might have been a total nothing burger that got overblown. But I also think it's something to monitor closely, and I think scrutiny should always exist for situations like this.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the 20-year inbreeding culture - an echo chamber perfect for upholding a winning blueprint - being an obstacle to rebuilding/reinventing than I am about Little Steven, but he's the perfect face of the concern. And if there were a f*cking guy where you can use face of the concern both literally and figuratively...

View attachment 30747
I can go along with that.

If we really want to focus on a potential root-cause to the natural/eventual erosion of the NEP it's BBs age.

BB Jr could be brilliant or a compete buffoon but if his dad isn't doing his job and operating the organization with the same verve, 3D-chess thinking, cunning and shrewdness as he did in 2010 then time to move on.

BB said himself at his age he couldn't handle a complete rebuild. So what can he handle?

Not a single great coach has ever volunteered to retire.

Something to watch for sure.

View attachment 30747
Is he constantly dipping or something?

castle GIF
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult those who have filed for bankruptcy, those who are miserable, those feeling rejected or any USFL team - their uni's were not that bad, certainly none of them have been rated in the top ten worst of all time ever in any sport professional or college...like the flying elvis and blue jerseys have.

Phillips is our QB situation & the base runner is 2021.
Uh, that sounds...ominous.

I usually start off every season with an optimistic attitude. You could call me insane but it actually worked out six times so far.

Ask me anything with Malcolm Butler, who will be using my Avatar.
Malcolm is permanently a New England sports hero and will always be beloved by us no matter what.
Creation of a new fanboy thread for Steve Belichick, called Little Steven’s Warriors, to be posted by @robertweathers
...our next head coach?:maybenot:
Friendly discussion about whether or not Bruce Arians’ one Super Bowl was a better coaching performance than any of Bill Belichick’s nine.
I think Bruce may have at least been better dressed.
  • @Actual Pats Fan to post something weird about the flying Elvis logo and its subliminal ties to 1942 Italy.
Been studying up, have we? Fine you got extra credit.
Team Tom members to continue our embarrassing *********** in the Tampa thread while miserable Team Bill members discuss the merits of Marcus Mariota for four first round picks.
So this will be reversed in the next few months when the Bucs miss the playoffs and we go all the way. Check!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back