PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats trade Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for Phillip Dorsett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the trade. I have not been high on Brissett at all, I have been very vocal about this in the past. Many people were irrationally excited about him after the Texans game, in which he had one of the most pedestrian, forgettable stat lines you'll ever see out of a victorious quarterback. He was not the quarterback of the future, he was, at best, a backup.

No, I agree that you would have to be the biggest homer in all of sports to believe that Dorsett only dropped 3 passes and that Indy would ship him off to the best team in the NFL. The only thing being made up is that Dorset doesnt have bad hands. His hands plagued him in college The Colts were shopping him because patience had run out. Inconsistent production didnt cut it in Indy and it definitely wont cut it with the Pats.

Means nothing that he was a 1st round pick and that he is fast. Tbucky Jones was fast. Bethel Johnson was fast. You can dream up a litany of excuses about why Dorset under performed in Indy, but eventually the truth comes to light.

Every player that leaves NE wasnt that good anyway, but every player that joins NE is a star in the making. I just cant be a homer like that.

Well boy howdy, we sure know what geniuses those fellas running the Colts are.

Calling both Lucien/Carr and Phillip Dorsett "developmental" WRs makes that word cover an awful lot of ground. (Two different posters have said this).

I think its clear that Dorsett is a bona fide NFL WR at this point. He has put up production and been on the field an awful lot of snaps.

Calling both Lucien/Carr and Phillip Dorsett "developmental" WRs makes that word cover an awful lot of ground. (Two different posters have said this).

I think its clear that Dorsett is a bona fide NFL WR at this point. He has put up production and been on the field an awful lot of snaps.

I think they all can be considered as not having reached their potential. So in that respect-dev. Lucien/carr would be developmental players for 31/32 teams. Dorset is developmental on this team cause he is wr5, but you're right his baseline is already a wr3 for most teams.

You cant really say that Brisett would never play with Jimmy headed to FA.

How can they keep Brady and also pay or franchise Jimmy? He wants to play yesterday.
Well yeah, I can say that, since the Patriots had no problem trading him. If they thought he was a true developmental starter project for the future, he'd be here.

I don't know the breakdowns but it seemed to me like they used Amendola to exploit weaknesses in defenses caused by other routes and coverages, and not so much in any defined WR role. How he would be used this season should be much the same, and slot will be by committee with Hogan getting most of those targets.

Regardless of what #receiver Amendola is he's almost always out there when it matters most, because Brady has complete trust in him.

"Dorsett's size deficiency may prevent him from becoming a big-time touchdown scorer in the pros, but he will be able to outrun coverage and has excellent hands, dropping just 3-of-73 targets as a senior."

Recent news on Phillip Dorsett - Miami (FL) Hurricanes - Rotoworld.com

Still making stuff up, huh?

Looks like you are.

3 out of 78. He is GOAT if you believe that one.

He ranked among the leaders in the country with 21 plays of 25-plus yards and showed the ability to make an impact at all levels of the field, also helping out on special teams as a return man. Dorsett, who also runs track at Miami, is undersized and will drop too many easy catches, but he has terrific body control and tracks the ball well downfield. He was listed as a back-up on Miami's spring depth chart, but expect Dorsett to be Morris' leading target again in 2013. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Looks like you are.

3 out of 78. He is GOAT if you believe that one.

He ranked among the leaders in the country with 21 plays of 25-plus yards and showed the ability to make an impact at all levels of the field, also helping out on special teams as a return man. Dorsett, who also runs track at Miami, is undersized and will drop too many easy catches, but he has terrific body control and tracks the ball well downfield. He was listed as a back-up on Miami's spring depth chart, but expect Dorsett to be Morris' leading target again in 2013. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
Lol. Argue a stat with some guys prediction.

"Dorsett's size deficiency may prevent him from becoming a big-time touchdown scorer in the pros, but he will be able to outrun coverage and has excellent hands, dropping just 3-of-73 targets as a senior."

Recent news on Phillip Dorsett - Miami (FL) Hurricanes - Rotoworld.com

Still making stuff up, huh?

Patriots acquired WR Phillip Dorsett from the Colts in exchange for QB Jacoby Brissett.
The Colts are cutting their losses and the Patriots are bolstering their depth. Despite his 5-foot-10, 185-pound frame, Dorsett has not been a slot man in the NFL, but his availability on the outside will make it easier for the Pats to stick Chris Hogan in the middle. Dorsett has been close to a complete bust in the NFL, but had a decent preseason with the Colts' woeful quarterbacks, catching five passes for 75 yards. He's averaged 14.8 yards per catch as an NFLer. He bolsters the Pats' depth and provides a big-play element. He won't have immediate re-draft value. Sep 2 - 1:55 PM
Source: Field Yates on Twitter

Phillip Dorsett - New England Patriots - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Get ready. 1..2..3.. Field Yates is a hack and Pats hater.

Lol. Argue a stat with some guys prediction.

Beats your Chinese math and Homer point on view.

Recall when you insisted Koolaid Maroney was a star RB in the NFL.? Your player predictions and a dollar will buy a bottle of water.

Patriots acquired WR Phillip Dorsett from the Colts in exchange for QB Jacoby Brissett.
The Colts are cutting their losses and the Patriots are bolstering their depth. Despite his 5-foot-10, 185-pound frame, Dorsett has not been a slot man in the NFL, but his availability on the outside will make it easier for the Pats to stick Chris Hogan in the middle. Dorsett has been close to a complete bust in the NFL, but had a decent preseason with the Colts' woeful quarterbacks, catching five passes for 75 yards. He's averaged 14.8 yards per catch as an NFLer. He bolsters the Pats' depth and provides a big-play element. He won't have immediate re-draft value. Sep 2 - 1:55 PM
Source: Field Yates on Twitter

Phillip Dorsett - New England Patriots - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Get ready. 1..2..3.. Field Yates is a hack and Pats hater.
You're going with that ? Seriously ?

If you did 10 seconds of research you'd see that the sourcing of Field Yates was simply the news about the trade :

Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates
The Patriots are trading QB Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for WR Phillip Dorsett, league source tells ESPN.

The opinion was that of RotoWorld, who are not top scouts last time I checked.

Last edited:
Lombardi and Ballard are there now.
Citation? Lombardi isn't mentioned anywhere in the colts extensive front office listing, nor does his resume indicate he's taken a job with an NFL team since he worked with Bill. As for Ballard, well, I guess he's was the distinguished architect of all those fine Bears teams.

Excuse me if I'm not overly impressed.

Question: Does the FACT that he dropped 3 of 78 passes as a senior support the contention that in college he was plagued by drops?

It is not a tough question. It doesn't require projection or guesswork. It is mere analysis.

We have the facts and they can be critically analyzed. If, however, they are analyzed by Triumph, then up becomes down

mqq9u.jpg

Beats your Chinese math and Homer point on view.

You mean the math where you think wr screens and 60 yard bombs should have the same completion percentage and I showed how wrong you are by showing many of the top
WRs are catching in the 60% range it under?
Or the math where you say Dorsett dropped 59% of his targets when that would mean he dropped some of his completions?

But wait. Are you seriously saying that to refute a real true stat about how many passes a player dropped in college, you think a preseason writeup before one of his college seasons where some unknown guy writes that he thinks he will stop easy passes is proof?
Hilarious.

Recall when you insisted Koolaid Maroney was a star RB in the NFL.? Your player predictions and a dollar will buy a bottle of water.
Of course that is not what I said but feel free to hold 1 slightly off analysis in 10 years against me.

Question: Does the FACT that he dropped 3 of 78 passes as a senior support the contention that in college he was plagued by drops?

It is not a tough question. It doesn't require projection or guesswork. It is mere analysis.

We have the facts and they can be critically analyzed. If, however, they are analyzed by Triumph, then up becomes down

mqq9u.jpg
Yes because before his senior season some nobody PREDICTED he would drop passes.
In the world of triumph that means it happened.
But in that word you can catch 33/59 passes but also drop 59% of them. That works out to dropping e dry incompletion plus about 7 completions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes