PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats to Unveil New Uniforms on Patriots Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this thread. For me, there are so many more important things going on than the Pats uniforms.

I don't even expect the season to start on time. It is hard for me to envision putting 80,000 fans in 16 stadiums in September 2020, considering we may still be dealing with this Coronavirus (rebound) (all indications from Asia is there will be a rebound unless the U.S. has mass testing now, and we don't start up the economy too soon) (the U.S. doesn't have the National leadership in place to make these things happen anytime soon) in July and August.

Most teams in all sports want additional uniforms or changes to make more money.

A new uniform will not make a better team.
For me, any uniform change will be OK.

We haven't even tried forsythia yet. Cheer up.

I like the post. They sent the nation's intelligentsia -- aka, the population of Jacksonville -- running to the beaches this week. Oh well, let's hope it's really, really, really susceptible to longer days and warmer temps. And be ready for the fall, both senses of the word intended, because damn.

Okay rant over. Just consider uni conversations a hope and a prayer for normality, if not in '20, then in '21.

And on the flip side, wouldn't it be somehow fitting if Brady never played a down in a Bucs uniform? In fact, if I believed in a God who worked this directly, maybe that's what the whole virus is about. Seems like a high price to keep Brady from successfully playing elsewhere though.

In my skepticism this is just another attempt by the NFL Merchandising Dept. to drive sales so fans will want the newest, latest and bestest jerseys & t-shirts.. $$$$

I remain a Pat Patriot old school fan, but that logo needs to be redone as it always looked like it came from a 6th grade art class school contest..

Last edited:
In my skepticism this is just another attempt by the NFL Merchandising Dept. to drive sales so fans will want the newest, latest and bestest jerseys & t-shirts.. $$$$

I remain a Pat Patriot old school fan, but that logo needs to be redone as it always looked like it came from a 6th grade art class school contest..

I mean, it's a cartoon. Even if you made Pat Patriot a 21st century angry Marvel Comics version instead of an early 60s funny pages version, I don't think a human character (full body) is really going to be iconic (by nature; icons are, by definition, stylized.)

I guess the straight pirate in Oakland is sort of an exception, except he's inside that (iconic) shield, not roaming around free. Disembodied heads are less silly. I dont make the rules, that's just how logos work, to me. Flamboyant pirate in Tampa Bay worked the same way. The flag was more abstract, more symbolic, and well, less flamboyant... and badda bing badda boom, TB became less silly.

For my money, the Elvis wedge-head is a good compromise - it was among the first of the wedge logos, I believe, putting the weight in the front in a triangle that trails off to the left, creating a sensation of forward movement, so it's dynamic, not static. (Then about the same time came the Panthers/Jaguars... they might have been first, and somebody said "Aha! That's what you need to make that monstrosity we voted against work!)

Okay design rant over

Interesting point of view but the original would be still ok

Ive heard it’s a very minor change so don’t get your hopes up for something new.

I just read this thread. For me, there are so many more important things going on than the Pats uniforms.

I don't even expect the season to start on time. It is hard for me to envision putting 80,000 fans in 16 stadiums in September 2020, considering we may still be dealing with this Coronavirus (rebound) (all indications from Asia is there will be a rebound unless the U.S. has mass testing now, and we don't start up the economy too soon) (the U.S. doesn't have the National leadership in place to make these things happen anytime soon) in July and August.

Most teams in all sports want additional uniforms or changes to make more money.

Even a uniform thread is not safe from the corona pandemonium crew

OTOH unless your are some sort of NFL "Fashionista" none of this really matters.. was wracking my brain as I do not remember all the recent changes that some got upset about.. "color rush", what color pants, what color jersey, what type of font for numbers and names etc.

OTOH unless your are some sort of NFL "Fashionista" none of this really matters.. was wracking my brain as I do not remember all the recent changes that some got upset about.. "color rush", what color pants, what color jersey, what type of font for numbers and names etc.

You'd get real interested real fast if we had goth Ravens numbers or digital alarm clock Tampa Bay numbers (now discontinued - maybe a Tom Brady contract condition?)

I hope it’s not a major change, we’ve won SIX FRIGGEN champions with the jerseys we have now.

You'd get real interested real fast if we had goth Ravens numbers or digital alarm clock Tampa Bay numbers (now discontinued - maybe a Tom Brady contract condition?)
upload_2020-4-18_20-33-17.jpeg
images

"Tackle is made there by...by...Gino, did you see who that is?...Um..."

I mean, it's a cartoon. Even if you made Pat Patriot a 21st century angry Marvel Comics version instead of an early 60s funny pages version, I don't think a human character (full body) is really going to be iconic (by nature; icons are, by definition, stylized.)
upload_2020-4-18_21-0-6.jpegupload_2020-4-18_21-3-17.png
images

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-18_21-1-54.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-18_21-1-54.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2020-4-18_21-2-41.png
    upload_2020-4-18_21-2-41.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
Ya gotta figure, you become fond of a uni when it's one you win in.
Home team sports fans root for their team, often for decades, often with the hopes and dreams of one day seeing the team they’ve loved for years on the biggest stage, winning a championship. After appearing in the fourth AFL title game, New England Patriots fans only saw their team make it to the big game once.

After doing virtually nothing in the 1950’s and 1960’s, The San Francisco 49ers were very good in the early 70’s, being narrowly eliminated by the Cowboys three straight seasons. They declined the rest of the decade, finishing 2-14 in 1978. In 1979, they unveiled their shiny, new head coach and shiny, new quarterback. They still, again finished 2-14.

Yet the team kept the same logo and uniform they played in for decades. And their fans, unlike us, got to see their team on top, as did the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Raiders, and Chiefs – all after decades of futility.
we can all hope... but we just lost the GOAT. It's likely our team's performance will dip.
John Havlicek retires - Celtics best league record two seasons later; win title next year
David Ortiz retires - Red Sox win World Series two years later
Bobby Orr leaves - Bruins make NHL semifinals, then Cup finals next two seasons
John Hannah retires - Patriot win division, then competitive next two years

...okay I know after Hog hanged 'em up we had the worst running game in the league.

The sportswriters, on a daily basis in 1986, liked to point out that they would have gained more yards if Craig James or Tony Collins simply fell forward after each handoff.o_O

I think there will be a football season. They may do like baseball and play the games with nobody in the stadiums for half a year. So many things are up in the air though, you make some really great points. I hope there is an NFL season though “. I think the NHL and NBA seasons are over, can’t see them coming back until October.

I called the uniforms change months ago if sad Tom left... Now that I've been proven clairvoyant, I favor a near complete revamp using the same current blue color rush shade, the old red, and some white...dump or revise flying evis too...maybe lose the silver helmets too...they've had this uniform for 20 years, time for a big revamp...
I don't think I'll be right on this one though, I sense a minor, almost useless, tweak - maybe an added stripe, a flourish here or there...

Well it is quite literally a business. Why would they not try to find ways to generate more money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents