PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats still interested in Sherman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE Butler, but he is NOT a superior CB to Sherman. Why do you all keep saying that?? What exactly is he better at??? Sherman is an excellent tackler. This is a known fact. He is very physical. We all know he can cover his ass off. Malcolm may be slightly quicker. Sherman is highly intelligent. He has length that Butler will NEVER have. He also played through a pretty severe injury all last season, which hampered him & he STILL had a very good season. Also, nobody is talking about the fear factor from opposing QBs. People throw at Butler with no hestitation. All QBs (even Brady) think twice & even a third time before throwing in Sherman's direction. Sherman is a leader & would fit in great in this locker room. Lastly, imagine Sherman & Belichick's mental harmony on defense.

Oh yea, & he WANTS to play for us!

I know you all have a special place in your heart for Butler; as do I, however if it's Butler or Sherman...Peace Butler!

Antonio Brown says hello.

I LOVE Butler, but he is NOT a superior CB to Sherman. Why do you all keep saying that?? What exactly is he better at??? Sherman is an excellent tackler. This is a known fact. He is very physical. We all know he can cover his ass off. Malcolm may be slightly quicker. Sherman is highly intelligent. He has length that Butler will NEVER have. He also played through a pretty severe injury all last season, which hampered him & he STILL had a very good season. Also, nobody is talking about the fear factor from opposing QBs. People throw at Butler with no hestitation. All QBs (even Brady) think twice & even a third time before throwing in Sherman's direction. Sherman is a leader & would fit in great in this locker room. Lastly, imagine Sherman & Belichick's mental harmony on defense.

Oh yea, & he WANTS to play for us!

I know you all have a special place in your heart for Butler; as do I, however if it's Butler or Sherman...Peace Butler!
Be careful, jimnance might... Never mind. :D

Be careful, jimnance might... Never mind. :D

Lol. No not going down that road again. Let's just say they are both top cbs with some similarities but also some different strengths and weaknesses. Butler can do some things better than Sherman, Sherman can do some things better than Butler.
They're both great, but Butler meshes better with Gilmore and Rowe and he's younger( especially in years in NFL which is more important than actual age).
I will say I think Sherman is more of a product of Hawks system than Butler is.
I think a lot of casual fans mistake Sherman for being a lockdown man to man old revis type cb- which he is not and never has been. He's got more limitations than Butler. He's not Patrick Peterson. Matter of fact,while Sherman has clearly been a better cb than Gilmore --I'd rather have Gilmore. Bigger upside.

2 years of Richard Sherman (who allegedly wants to play here) > 1 year of Malcolm Butler, who is disgruntled and already has one foot out the door

Surprised this trade hasn't already happened. I would not want Butler on my team if he won't be fully motivated to play his best.

Last edited:
The Seahawks sending Sherman to the Pats would all but guarantee a SB win for the Pats. That's why this trade probably doesn't happen. But, boy if it did. :cool:

If Sherman comes to this team and health permits, this may be one of the most complete teams ever in the history of the NFL. Assuming they round out interior OL depth, this squad would really have zero glaring weaknesses.

I presume we are all talking about trading Butler and using the compensation to get Sherman. Personally, I'm fine with that.

We all are aware of that but that was not the argument here.
What do you mean?? Of course, it's a part of the arguement. If Butler leaves, Sherman slides outside & one of the younger guys/ draftees will most likely slide inside. Simple.

This has randy Moss written all over it.

Why is Seattle being dumb? You can't trade this guy.

QONVIyz.gif

Would be alot more than cool we would have a very physically imposing secondary.
My question is would Chung have to be involved in that trade?
I hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back