PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats still interested in Sherman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Sherman the player, but his mouth/attitude makes me nervous.
Really would like to have MB here long term. On the other hand I'm still waiting for Hannah to walk through the door.
Ah, I'm waiting on the "Hog" as well.
I agree on MB, but it's pretty clear BB has put a value on him, that will more than likely be exceeded come FA next year. And I don't fault either side for their position on the matter.
Sherman's mouth and demeanor never really bothered me. He's an underdog, with a HUGE chip on his shoulder.

Of course, the Patriots do currently have the room to go with Gilmour, Sherman and Butler...
X32bfd.gif

Is there a way this team can acquire sherman without giving up butler?

Let's just trade the rest of our draft for him...
Again, it comes down to what the Patriots want to be doing in 5 years. To be a Super Bowl winner in this league, you need a great program like the Patriots or you need to be bad enough to amass a number of high picks that rocket you to the top. Mediocrity is nigh impossible to shake off in this league because you can't get high draft picks or elite free agent talent on the cheap.

With that said, I'm a fan of getting a guy like Sherman and keeping Butler for this season and letting him walk at the end (unless he becomes God-like).

We've got 2-3 years with Brady/Belichick to be running at peak capacity, so let's sell the farm to get 1-2 more Super Bowls. I could care less if the Patriots dismantle after that and go 1-15. Just make sure you go from amazing to awful quick, so you can start the rebuild fresh with high picks. I don't want to be the Seahawks slowly losing pieces and slipping towards the ultimate sign of dysfunction in the NFL: 8-8.

On the off chance acquiring Sherman happens, my fantasy football team looks strikingly similar to the Patriots.

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Rex Burkhead
WR - Brandin Cooks
WR- Julian Edelman
TE - Rob Gronkowski
UT - Dion Lewis
ST - Stephen Gostkowski
DT - New England Patriots

QB - Jimmy Garoppolo
RB - LeGarrette Blount
RB - James White
WR - Chris Hogan
WR - Malcolm Mitchell
TE - Dwayne Allen
DT - Houston Texans

IMO Butler is gone once he signs his tender. It will be a Sherman for Butler and a pick . . Sherman wants out of Seattle, seems like NE is his preferred destination and Butler punched his ticket out of town when he and his agent went to the media.

And for the people that think Pats wouldn't pay that kind of money in the secondary. They would for a couple of years, especially given how they aren't paying big money to the DL

Also if Pats/Sherman ends up being a bad fit Pats could cut Sherman after '17 and there would be no cap hit.

Last edited:
Lots of folks are bagging on Sherman for an off year, which is true, but realize he was playing with an MCL injury for much of the season.

IF butler goes and we can somehow get Sherman with Gilmore...good god.

But If Butler goes...I think Revis is more realistic and he seems to be waiting for the Butler news

Lots of folks are bagging on Sherman for an off year, which is true, but realize he was playing with an MCL injury for much of the season.
Nope, he sucks and Butler is the heir apparent. :p

:D

Always liked Sherman and the attitude he brings to the field. Annoying when he's playing against you but he'd be a Rodney Harrison style vet for 2 years here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes