PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats sign TE Jalen Wydermyer

Interesting:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Yep; dude's not an NFL athlete and really shouldn't have been worth the bother.

I'd rather give Assyassy & Never Seen Keene another year than either this one or Sokol...as long as they can stay out of the tub that is...

"Never Seen Keene" is another good one, captain. Have I missed it or is it new?

Whatever made him produce those ugly testing results needs a deeper look. This dude was a beast in college.
Hope we get a steal here again. The bills had a good TE room.

Gronk 2.0

This offense gonna be fire!
Excited Cat GIF

Whatever made him produce those ugly testing results needs a deeper look. This dude was a beast in college.
Hope we get a steal here again. The bills had a good TE room.

I'm going to make an unpopular comment (just me saying that is inviting criticism)...but they don't PED test in college like they do in the NFL. I'm not saying that is the case here....but it happens. They don't have the same edge. Some guys are able to fight through that at the NFL level as rookies but others can't. I really hope Jalen excels with the Patriots.

I'm going to make an unpopular comment (just me saying that is inviting criticism)...but they don't PED test in college like they do in the NFL. I'm not saying that is the case here....but it happens. They don't have the same edge. Some guys are able to fight through that at the NFL level as rookies but others can't. I really hope Jalen excels with the Patriots.
Too skinny to be on PEDs.

Too skinny to be on PEDs.
The days of those kinda PEDs are over…for the most part. Living in Florida…you know in Miami there are lots of places that specialize in designer mixes. Stuff that help a little with muscle but more with energy and awareness…like being jacked on coke. New stuff is created all the time that nobody tests for. Again….not saying that is the case here…but it happens.

Last edited:
I really liked his game last year. He could be a sneaky good signing.

Cole Strange, at a good 50 pounds more, matched or beat Wydermyers measurables in every category. Wydermyer's 40-yd time is closer to Brady's than to an NFL tight end (and we've all seen Brady "run"). I'm baffled how he could have projected as a top-50 pick. Hoping for the best, of course, but those pre-draft measurables are something...

Barth’s timing is off. When he declared for the draft in Jan of this year he was rated by many as the second or third best TE in the draft (McBride being #1)…..then his testing numbers became public, and his draft prospects sunk like a stone.
Dude has an athletic frame, so it’s shocking that he tested THAT poorly, especially given that he likely trained for the combine and his pro day at one of the top athlete performance centers. Those numbers would have been terrible for a TE any year in the history of the combine but they are really terrible in the era of combine-specific training and modern training facilities.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back