PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Pats sign TE Jalen Wydermyer

He has an athletic frame, great hands and got open in college and put up huge numbers. If we didn’t know he tested this slow everyone on this board would be drooling over his highlight film. You can see why he was highly rated before the combine. Maybe he was hurt or sick when he tested or maybe he is molasses, doesn’t hurt to kick the tires.

They do test for peds in college, but who knows. Probably he had Covid.

@PatsFan2 this signing does probably push your boy Keene down on depth chart now...his likelihood of making the team is decreasing by the minute ;)
Oh no, he doesn’t still think Dalton Keene is a real person, does he? Sorry to burst his bubble, but it’s been one of our parents all along in a practice jersey.

Whatever made him produce those ugly testing results needs a deeper look. This dude was a beast in college.
Hope we get a steal here again. The bills had a good TE room.

I saw him a lot in college. Not sure what happened, but despite the testing measurables, all you have to do is watch the game tape, and you can see this kid has obvious talent. Gets open and gets YAC. I loved him in college, and this is an interesting signing. May amount to nothing, but I saw a talented kid. He caught my eye during the games I watched.

On the college film he doesn’t look freakishly athletic but he appears to have good feel for the game, natural body coordination, smoothness in his hips transitioning through his routes, and catches the ball pretty effortlessly.

Whether something drastically changed, or was acutely wrong, causing his measurables to plummet, I don’t know. And if so, can it be fixed? I also don’t know. But the college film demonstrates a TE with a lot of potential.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back