PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats sign K Kai Forbath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on who got cut/ IRed?

For the rest of the season, or just this week?

So much for the geniuses on this forum who said Bailey was going to be the kicker...:rolleyes:

Pats need to draft a kicker in April.

Kai Forbath??? WTF is this, open casting call for Dancing With The Stars? krist...

Kai Forbath??? WTF is this, open casting call for Dancing With The Stars? krist...

I guess with Younghoe Koo busy messing up Atlanta's night they had to dig a bit deeper into the pile

Didn’t he used to kick for Houston? Clearly we’re just playing mind games. I bet he knows *tons* about their offense.

We need to draft a kicker because our kicker was injured? Do you apply this all other positions where someone was injured?

Pats need to draft a kicker in April.

We need to draft a kicker because our kicker was injured? Do you apply this all other positions where someone was injured?
For insurance and competition. Ghost has struggled.

He isn't too bad I suppose. 85.7% on FG's and 94% on PAT

Oddly enough there conceivably could be a time in the playoffs where we must:
- Go for 2 point conversion to keep from losing.
- Go for it on 4th down inside the opponent's 35 yard line (we must have the TD).
- Should attempt a fake FG.
On Sunday against Houston why not get some valuable real game experience and playoff preparation by going for the 2 point conversion on every opportunity, going for it on every 4th down inside the 35, also trying a fake FG.

Isn't that kind of real game experience a no lose proposition? :)

OK.

I suspect that we should use a 6th or 7th every year on a kicker. Our kicker could be injured during camp and the preseason.

For insurance and competition. Ghost has struggled.

Are you presuming that this kicker will be on the team for the playoffs? If this guy sin't better than Falk, then he'll be gone.

Oddly enough there conceivably could be a time in the playoffs where we must:
- Go for 2 point conversion to keep from losing.
- Go for it on 4th down inside the opponent's 35 yard line (we must have the TD).
- Should attempt a fake FG.
On Sunday against Houston why not get some valuable real game experience and playoff preparation by going for the 2 point conversion on every opportunity, going for it on every 4th down inside the 35, also trying a fake FG.

Isn't that kind of real game experience a no lose proposition? :)

Are you presuming that this kicker will be on the team for the playoffs? If this guy sin't better than Falk, then he'll be gone.

You missed the sarcasm intended(very possible I didn't make the sarcasm clear). So this time put more succinctly: just don't kick FGs(go for it or punt for field position) or kick PATs (just go for 2 pointers) against Houston, and we can spin it as excellent preparation for playoff situation football (i.e. a positive spin on a positively F'd up FG kicker situation :) :)).
Edit: I'm working under the assumption that Folk will be back.

Everything is going to be OKai

Last edited:
Say what you want about Ghost but all the kickers (with a few exceptions) suck in PAT and FGs.

I think he might be better then folk.

I think he might be better then folk.
Well, they tried out both of them, and then signed Folk. Who has been pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes