PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign Josh Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I am ROOTING for Gordon. My dad is an alcoholic and was in a one month coma last year. He's trying his hardest right now to beat his demons. Will he? Unclear. Gordon, don't go down the same path. My dad is currently 55. You aint even 30 yet.

Personally, I am ROOTING for Gordon. My dad is an alcoholic and was in a one month coma last year. He's trying his hardest right now to beat his demons. Will he? Unclear. Gordon, don't go down the same path. My dad is currently 55. You aint even 30 yet.
It goes without saying, but good luck to your dad in his recovery.

Addiction is real, whether people want to acknowledge it or not

A close friend of my wife and I just lost her brother 2 days ago after a 10+ year battle with heroin. I’m rooting for Gordon all the way, not as a football player but as a human being.

Addiction is real, whether people want to acknowledge it or not

A close friend of my wife and I just lost her brother 2 days ago after a 10+ year battle with heroin.

I’m certainly rooting for Josh Gordon both as a person and as a football player, but it’s a very powerful demon to try and overcome, and the majority end up failing. I lost my only brother to heroin 7 yrs ago, and it’s still very hard to deal with on a daily basis. He had been clean for almost 4 months after attending rehab and was going to meetings everyday, but it’s a known thing around here that the dealers prey on those who are standing outside smoking cigarettes, and we think he was just having a bad day and caved in to the pressure and temptation.

In Josh Gordon’s case, he has a lot to be motivated by, and still has one last chance to hit free agency next season and see a lucrative payday. While it may not be enough to keep him clean, it certainly benefits him to be blessed with that kind of opportunity.

Reinstating only means he is not on the exempt list anymore and can practice with the team. It doesn't mean that there won't be an official suspension still coming his way.

The same way it happened with e.g. Kareem Hunt. He was put on the exempt list at the end of November, missed the rest of the season and then got an 8 game suspension once his appeal for reinstatement went through this March. None of the games he missed while on the exempt list counted towards those 8 games so most probably the same will be true for Gordon.

From @NFLGameDay: #Patriots WR Josh Gordon is doing better in rehab, and while the focus is solely on improving his life, he could be back by camp. pic.twitter.com/iVW69gBioi

I'm not saying what will happen. But, when we've got reports of him possibly returning by camp, claiming that his earliest realistic return is in November doesn't make sense.

Glad to see that Bill is smart enough to realize that depending on anything from Flash (and Donkey Thomas too) isn't the way to go through these next 4 months.

Feb to June:

Gordon looking thinner & training with an olympic sprinter. Just waiting on that Goodell reinstatement.

Maybe he should just be a bodybuilder. Drugs are encouraged there.

Feb to June:

Gordon looking thinner & training with an olympic sprinter. Just waiting on that Goodell reinstatement.

He really needs to lay off the beer, burgers, chips, ice cream and Krispy Kreme.

Feb to June:

I think he needs more tattoos I can see a lot of vacant spots on his body.:p

Feb to June:

99.9% of people would kill to look like his “before” picture.

Not me, of course, being even more ripped than his “after” pic.

99.9% of people would kill to look like his “before” picture.

Not me, of course, being even more ripped than his “after” pic.

I don't actually see much difference between before and after aside from much more complimentary lighting in the second photo.

Gordon may have a Randy Moss type season IF he is reinstated all the games and if he can stay on the straight and narrow.

I don't actually see much difference between before and after aside from much more complimentary lighting in the second photo.
Suggestions on where to purchase such complimentary lighting?
Clearly I would benefit from some of that.

Suggestions on where to purchase such complimentary lighting?
Clearly I would benefit from some of that.

Do you currently look like the "before" photo?

Feb to June:

Assuming no AAS involvement (fast acting, pinned before workouts, where hormone levels fairly quickly[<48 hours] can dip below 'cheat' level do exist -- but making it clear in NO way is this even a suggestion he is taking AASs [or even a HGH/IGF1]). With that said, keep in mind a few things:
-Once you hit a certain level, what you look like immediately after workout and what you look like 48 hours later just before your workout can be quite noticeable.
-A pic right after a workout and (this is 99% sure for this pic) you are tensing as much as you absolutely possibly can, it makes a big difference. In the before pic he definitely isn't in the weight room and does not appear to be tensing as much as possible.
-With that in mind, lean muscle mass isn't actually dramatically! different before/after. What is dramatically different is subcu body fat %. I'm guessing around 14% in the before, I'm guessing 7% in the after. And that is amazing. It would take DRAMATIC 'kitchen'(so to speak) discipline as well as very dedicated weight lifting/workout discipline. A body of that size/muscle weight takes serious! amount of calories. To achieve that low body fat, there wasn't any, virtually none, processed flour or sugar products consumed. No fresh baked french bead, cookies, ice cream, hostess cake, entemanns, chips ahoy, bbq chips, fat heavy dairies or meats. This is numerous dinners of chicken breast, kiwi , brown rice, fiber vegetables -- over and over and over and over.(this part is BRUTALLY hard - IMHO harder than the workouts)
This tells me this guy is VERY serious about something, Whether it's to just look as jacked as possible or it's working toward a return to football? We'll see...

Those could have been 15 minutes apart. He is flexing in the second one and not in the first lol.

Those could have been 15 minutes apart. He is flexing in the second one and not in the first lol.

Yup. Or one could be before breakfast v. after.

Mostly agree that this is lighting + he's got a pump in the second picture, but you can see better definition in the obliques in the after shot. He's probably been training pretty hard. Still, people would be amazed to see the difference in pictures with good lighting (and some flexing) when you're already in shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes