PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign Josh Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell won’t reinstate him. Guaranteed

If Gordon's substance issues involve pot then I think he will get reinstated. If the league truly wants a new deal done with the players before the season starts I think the NFL will agree to no longer test for weed.

Goodell won’t reinstate him. Guaranteed

Gordon has not hurt anyone else, just himself. That is why this suspension becomes interesting. Gordon is at the limit of his "good guy discount" but he has never hurt anyone, it is a systemic substance abuse issue not related to others or a competitive advantage. It will be interesting to see how it all "shakes out".

Gordon has not hurt anyone else, just himself. That is why this suspension becomes interesting. Gordon is at the limit of his "good guy discount" but he has never hurt anyone, it is a systemic substance abuse issue not related to others or a competitive advantage. It will be interesting to see how it all "shakes out".

I agree. Maybe there’s a chance

Le me mediate the new CBA.

The owners get their 18 game season.
The NFL agrees to no longer test for weed which pleases the players.

Case closed.... lol

Case closed.... lol
Le remedial CBA.

Case closed.... lol

and the strike/lockout begins

I've never been addicted to alcohol, drugs or gambling but it does seem like I experience some kind of dependency withdrawal symptoms if I do not consume a lunch-sized bag of potato chips at least every other day with my lunch.

Ever steal $20 from your woman’s purse to get that bag? Some addictions are more destructive than others.

I will be happy if an announcement happens at all. Maybe they announce it at the same time as Hill but this thing has been dragging on for a good amount of time.
Unless they give Gordon significantly less games that would be a PR disaster for the league to announce those two at the same time.

Ever steal $20 from your woman’s purse to get that bag? Some addictions are more destructive than others.

Do you know anyone who's done that for weed? Not even sure how the thread got to this point.

Case closed.... lol

Perhaps have some... brownies... as a snack during the negotiations?;)

Unless they give Gordon significantly less games that would be a PR disaster for the league to announce those two at the same time.
Do not forget that Gordon as ALREADY been suspended for 5 games last season. How many more can they give him. It wasn't because he did any performance enhancing drugs. It wasn't even that he did anything they most of his teammates were doing on a regular basis (imbibing in alcoholic beverages) I doubt it was even was MJ. My guess is he had some liquor, which WAS against his reinstatement agreement so I had no problem with his suspension LAST season. But this is THIS season and by now the league should either reinstate him, suspend him, (overkill and redundant) or ban him from the league. REALLY overkill). But they should do SOMETHING. Leaving the kid twisting in the wind is ludicrous and totally unnecessary.

BTW- Bedard thinks he'll be reinstated in about a month, but I can't understand the reasoning behind that. If they intend to reinstate him, why punish him and make him miss the most important part of TC

If they intend to reinstate him, why punish him and make him miss the most important part of TC
Why? Goodell ... Pats? JG is just a pawn for Goodell to use to send agro BB's way. It's Goodell being petty.

I doubt the Patriots re-signed him without knowing where the league was coming from on the terms of the suspension. I think he will be eligible in October if he keeps it together. This may well be his last chance, I hope it works out for his sake.

I doubt the Patriots re-signed him without knowing where the league was coming from on the terms of the suspension. I think he will be eligible in October if he keeps it together. This may well be his last chance, I hope it works out for his sake.
You would think that was the case, Ivan, and most of us thought that was the reality when word came out that they had resigned him. Add that to the fact the Pats have been VERY silent on the issue of Josh Gordon throughout the last few months. So you WOULD think that the Pats have a very good idea what the league has in store for Gordon.

HOWEVER... now that its just a week before TC, you would think that someone would/SHOULD be able to give us an update. Ya' think?

You would think that was the case, Ivan, and most of us thought that was the reality when word came out that they had resigned him. Add that to the fact the Pats have been VERY silent on the issue of Josh Gordon throughout the last few months. So you WOULD think that the Pats have a very good idea what the league has in store for Gordon.

HOWEVER... now that its just a week before TC, you would think that someone would/SHOULD be able to give us an update. Ya' think?

Still plenty of time before things really get going. I’m betting on October.

Still plenty of time before things really get going. I’m betting on October.
Well that would make it a 9 game suspension. What an injustice. But I'd be OK with it if they just announced it this week and be done with it. I really want to have Gordon get a full TC under his belt.

Well that would make it a 9 game suspension. What an injustice.
I don’t disagree, but he is currently in the middle of another “indefinite suspension,” so 9 games may actually end up as a blessing. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if he misses half the season again. I suppose that it all depends on how well he’s following the specific programs that have been recommended to him.

Ivan had mentioned the idea that they wouldn’t have signed him to the RFA tender if they didn’t have some hints as to how long he’ll be out, but I think controlling his rights for a lower sum of money was a given, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back