PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats re-sign Josh Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're tasking the wrong question. The league needs to relax it weed policy. Banning for life for using something that's 100% legal in the state he has his job in is wrong now I believe. The question is why do players need a chance given to them for doing something perfectly legal?

Right, it's fair to ask that question, but even still..............

Whether it should be allowed or not, HE KNOWS the consequences of doing it so I stand by my point.

I posted this a couple of pages back. I understand KC police did not cooperate/provide info to the NFL re: Hill but for a player not to be charged or arrested and suspended TWO YEARS after the event took place is absurd.
Apparently the difference is that reeds accuser told her story to the nfl while hills wife refused to.
Evidently in the nfl it’s ok to beat the crap out of someone who will keep their mouth shut because they rely on your paycheck but wrong to beat up someone you aren’t supporting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get why the NFL does, but it's also scary to think about the punishments handed out and reputational damage being done when guys are suspended for the 'appearance' of wrongdoing.

In most cases it's probably deserved, but my wife watches a LOT of lifetime movies.

I can basically write the script of the next one in which a girlfriend of an NFL player threatens to cry 'domestic abuse' if he leaves her and/or cheats on her.
The NFL is the textbook example of doing things for appearance and for the wrong reasons.
If you want to know what the nfl will do next just pay attention to the most popular complaints.

The NFL is the textbook example of doing things for appearance and for the wrong reasons.
If you want to know what the nfl will do next just pay attention to the most popular complaints.

So Brady gets banned for life for child endangerment?

Although, I don't even think that Gordon has even applied for re-instatment yet, has he?

Which most probably means there is some kind of checkpoint he has not hit yet (e.g. a certain timeframe of clean tests) and is not eligible to apply.

If Gordon wants to be reinstated, he better demand a trade to Kansas City in the very near future. No way he’s getting any breaks as a Patriot.
Since Andy Reid and BB are friends maybe the Pats can trade him to KC for a 7th, wait for Goodell to reinstate him and have Reid trade him back to the Pats. Maybe then BB will send a 6th rounder back in return. It may be worth it to have Gordon for full season :)
I jest, for anyone who took this seriously.

I demand an update from Ginger Jerkoff on Josh Gordon's timeline for being reinstated.

Which most probably means there is some kind of checkpoint he has not hit yet (e.g. a certain timeframe of clean tests) and is not eligible to apply.
There’s probably a certain amount of tests that he has to pass each month, in consecutive fashion. There’s also likely some type of counseling sessions, 12 step meetings, and possibly even service to others. Failure to comply with any of these can continue the suspension.

I think we need to pump the brakes on the whole idea of assuming that he’ll be back soon. He hasn’t been able to do any of this for any continued amount of time, so I’m going to remain cautious in my optimism. He would be a great piece to have in the months of Nov, Dec, Jan, and hopefully even Feb.

Apparently the difference is that reeds accuser told her story to the nfl while hills wife refused to.
Evidently in the nfl it’s ok to beat the crap out of someone who will keep their mouth shut because they rely on your paycheck but wrong to beat up someone you aren’t supporting.

I suppose that’s the catch 22 these women find themselves in. They want to punish the man for wrongdoing but not burn the ‘mouth that feeds them’.

After watching N'keal last night, I shudder to imagine the damage that he and Gordon are going to do if they're both on the field.

Therefore, we will not see Gordon back this season. That's too much for Herr Roger Fraudster and the *********** at Jets HQ... oops, I mean Parks Ave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes