PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats pick up Wynn's option

No word yet on Sony's option.

The Patriots picked up Wynn's 5th year option.
Good news. I hope they get a longterm Deal done. Starting OT position could be Set then if Onwenu replaces Brown at RT (if brown doesn't get resigned) next year. I think it will be easier to find a starting G than OT. Or Evan Neal dude is a crazy run blocker huge size. Imagine mason onwenu Neal blocking for Harris

Yup, that was a no brainer...10M for a starting LT....well worth it even if the LT misses games.

Agreed. That is why you draft the higher paid positions in the 1st round so the 5th year option is a bargain. Hopefully Jones is a 5th year option in 2025 for about $10M as well.

Agreed. That is why you draft the higher paid positions in the 1st round so the 5th year option is a bargain. Hopefully Jones is a 5th year option in 2025 for about $10M as well.

he's a QB, here's what those went for this year

Mayfield- $18m
Darnold- $18m
Jackson- $23m

Jones will have to play very little for his number to be only $10M

he's a QB, here's what those went for this year

Mayfield- $18m
Darnold- $18m
Jackson- $23m

OK. My mistake. I should have realized that different positions have different $ amounts. But the idea is the same - $18M for a starting QB is still cheap compared to someone like Dak's contract of $40M a year.

OK. My mistake. I should have realized that different positions have different $ amounts. But the idea is the same - $18M for a starting QB is still cheap compared to someone like Dak's contract of $40M a year.
After four years, Jones either will have proven himself to be a good quarterback (for the Pats that means getting into the playoffs almost every year and winning playoff games) or will have shown himself to be a JAG or worse. If he's good, the Pats will probably have signed him to a long term deal after his third or fourth season. If he's bad, no reason to pick him up for the fifth year. They would already have found a replacement.

I hope they sign him long term.

Smart move by the Pats, now they need to sign him long term...

As Reiss pointed out it was pretty clear they would pick it up by not really addressing the position via the draft.

Smart move by the Pats, now they need to sign him long term...
Sure, if he thinks he can fix his reliability/health issues. Otherwise NWIH

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back