PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' opponents' odd pattern this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

slam

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It's odd how many of the Patriots' opponents' season have broken the opposite way you might expect after their game with the Patriots. Teams who have beaten the Pats have gone on to struggle so far. Teams the Patriots beat get hot afterward. It's either a weird jinx or the Pats catching a lot of teams at transitional moments. Either way it makes it hard to evaluate how good the Pats actually are this season.

Win over Patriots ->->-> Team goes Cold:
  • Jags beat Pats in Week 2. Jags go on and lose 7 of their next 8 games.
  • Lions beat Pats in Week 3. Lions are now 3-5 after that game.
  • Titans beat Pats in Week 10. Lose big to Colts next week.

Loss to Patriots ->->-> Team gets Hot
:
  • Pats beat Texans in Week 1. Texans now 7-3.
  • Pats beat Colts in Week 5. Colts win 4 out of next 5.
  • Patriots beat KC in Week 6. Chiefs win next 4.
  • Pats beat Bears in Week 7. Bears now have won next 5.

The exceptions are the two division games and Green Bay.
  • Dolphins lost after coming in at 3-0 and their season has unraveled a bit, now 5-5.
  • Bills just suck, before and after.
  • GB 1-1 after losing to the Pats.

Bills played that game tough as I recall. Interesting though

Coincidence really seems most likely, or go make a ton of money betting that pattern going forward.

Statistical oddity... More relevant is what pats are doing after losing.. better come out strong on offense especially.. Brady gotta shut up some critics.

Just as the Bills sucked before and after playing us, the Chiefs have been a top 3 team all year.

I keep hearing people complain about a 25-6 division road win. I don't quite get it.
I am in no way complaining. Any divisional game, especially at their place is no sure thing.

I am in no way complaining. Any divisional game, especially at their place is no sure thing.

Wasn't necessarily talking about you, but it's been a consistent theme here ever since that game ended.

Sample size is too small to draw any significant conclusions.

Its really simple: teams that beat us won their “SB”, so they have nothing to play for and vice versa ;)

Its really simple: teams that beat us won their “SB”, so they have nothing to play for and vice versa ;)

The “this is their Super Bowl” excuse is so awful. The Pats have looked uncompetitive in the games they’ve lost because their own execution is terrible. Bad special teams, sloppy or very slow starting offense, slow/crappy coverage, inability to get to the opposing QB, unable to get the D off the field.

The “this is their Super Bowl” excuse is so awful. The Pats have looked uncompetitive in the games they’ve lost because their own execution is terrible. Bad special teams, sloppy or very slow starting offense, slow/crappy coverage, inability to get to the opposing QB, unable to get the D off the field.
I know its not that simple hence the “wink”

I really do believe there is a little bit to it.
I think most teams who have us on their schedule really Circle that game.

The Pats are the team to beat the last few decades.
Other teams try to emulate, and obviously beat the Patriots.

I know there's much more to it than that, but I think there is a little something to it.

Look at the Eagles.
All they have been doing since they beat the Pats last year is squawk about how great they are.
How many teams do that?

That's just my opinion

JesusOnToast2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back