PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats offensive line ranked 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s very interesting. So if you take Chubb’s biggest runs out, his average goes down? Wow. That’s crazy. Never thought of that.
I tried this with other backs around the league and it worked every time. Working on a similar theory with receivers and long passes.

My first reaction in reading the thread title: "In what exactly? Bottom nine OLs in the NFL?"

Cynicism...a true New England trait.

Maybe but that doesn't make Sony a bad pick. One thing I love about Sony is his decision making and ball security. If there's a crease he'll find it. Unfortunately there hasn't been much to find this year. It'll get better.

Yeah I agree. Hindsight is 20/20. You’re right it doesn’t make Sony a bad pick. But lots said last year as well that we should have gone with Chubb. He’s bigger and more explosive. Sony was more polished. Sony needs the blocking to be humming. Last year it was. This year it isn’t and the limitations are more obvious. Chubb’s a bit more self-reliant. Maybe we just assumed Scar will always have the blocking working but the personnel hit on OL, TE and FB has taken its toll. Sony isn’t a JAG but he needs more help from the OL.

QBs must be an endangered species in this league. Gotta go back and check that they don't mean ranked 9th out of NE position groupings (10th was "kicker.")

IMO the O line is probably the unit that benefits most from consistency.. Andrews and Wynn went down early, then Develin, last week Mason + less effective TE blocking.

While the Karras, Newhouse, Ferentz have filled in.. they are not as effective as this team was in week #1, of course the Pats will offer no excuses and Scar will motivate they well..

I do think that the retirement of Gronk and loss of Andrews & Develin are more significant than we realize.

...I do think that the retirement of Gronk and loss of Andrews & Develin are more significant than we realize.
...than some of you realize, you mean...Others such as myself knew very early on that the running game, due mostly to the personnel losses - including Trent Brown as well as Gronkowski, Andrews & Develin, would become not-insignificantly inferior to the running game that emerged at the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3