PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have WR Nate Washington in for a visit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
O
I have no idea why people believe you need to fill out your team with superstars at every position. Washington is a darn good receiver. If the Patriots sign him, he'll get the job done in New England.
Once again, fantasy freaks...

The Dola Koolaid drinkers will not like this.

I wouldn't mind Washington at the right price. We need deep threat, to stretch the defense.

Yup..

And they forget we already have two stars catching balls.. How many do we need?!

As many as we can grab, obviously. What part of needing quality depth do you continuously fail to grasp?

I wouldn't complain if he signed here, as long as it wasn't for stupid money (no guarantee with this FO).

I still want Andre Holmes too…and Brandon Gibson on a one-year, non-guaranteed, vet-minimum deal.
Right. Because the one thing BB is known for is throwing stupid money at the WR position. Where do you GET this stuff anyway?

That's a fallacy. Pats have never won a SB with a "deep threat"...

True, but do you think Randy Moss helped or hurt the 2007 Patriots???

I remember Moss scoring the go ahead touchdown late in the game.

Unless you are going to blame our deep threat for the defensive failures on the Giants last drive.

As many as we can grab, obviously. What part of needing quality depth do you continuously fail to grasp?

There is a difference between quality depth and overpaying mediocre players like Jones or Sanu.. Or are they not good enough for you?

Usually there is a significant drop off from your 1 and 2, and The rest of your WRS

If me saying our two star pass catchers are good enough to where we don't need to overpay for sexy names in free agency makes me a troll, I guess I am

In reality, it makes me smarter than you and more in tune to what BB and co. Actually do down there. This isn't madden 2016 bro. The cap isn't crap.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 6m6 minutes ago
Nate Washington agent Brian Overstreet on Patriots: 'Good visit, Nate enjoyed it. It would be a good oppoirtunity to play with Tom Brady.'

SOunds like ball is in Pats court
Yeah, that is interesting. If the Pats just didn't like what they saw then his agent probably wouldn't be commenting. My guess is that either the Pats are still weighing their options (looking at Boldin etc) or maybe Nate wanted more money than they wanted to pay. I would think it's probably more the former than the latter - I can't see him demanding big money after playing for a one year $1 million deal last year...

Guys like Boldin, Cotchery, and Washington are exactly the types they should be considering at this point

Yeah, that is interesting. If the Pats just didn't like what they saw then his agent probably wouldn't be commenting. My guess is that either the Pats are still weighing their options (looking at Boldin etc) or maybe Nate wanted more money than they wanted to pay. I would think it's probably more the former than the latter - I can't see him demanding big money after playing for a one year $1 million deal last year...

His agent again:

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 25m25 minutes ago
Brian Overstreet on Patriots: 'Hopefully, we can get something done. Obviously, they're one of the top franchises' Door not closed w/ Texans

Yeah he wants in big time

One WR who i would actually like here and think could do well

BTW Since 2006..Washington has only missed 2 games. Very durable...however he is getting older now

I like this signing....it gives the team some leverage in case Danny doesn't want to restructure and gets cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore