PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have WR Nate Washington in for a visit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine with Washington, we just really need to start developing some young WR and I really hope we can find a WR roster spot for a young 'un with upside.

Getting let go by the Texans is like getting rejected by Berklee College of Music. You have to be insanely bad for that to happen. This has Joey Galloway written on it like white on rice.

Really? I thought their auditioning test was tough. At least for guitar players should be, we don't read.

As for Washington, sometimes it's not only about the player but the direction the team is going, the Texans seems to be looking for a upgrade, that doesn't mean the player is garbage and the Pats are known for getting good production out of this kind of veteran player that was let go by a team going young.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with Washington, we just really need to start developing some young WR and I really hope we can find a WR roster spot for a young 'un with upside.
IMO I think the team's best bet is really Braxton Miller. My reasoning is that often a receiver washes out here because they can't pick up the offense due to the fact that they need to be able to "read the defense" and adjust their routes accordingly, but if you are a former QB converting to WR then you're miles ahead in this aspect because most of your career was spent looking at the defense before the play begins as a QB, as well as having to know what the routes of your WRs are. This is part of why Edelman worked out. My hope is that Miller can have the same sort of success, but the difference is that he is 6'1" and 200 pounds, runs a 4.50 forty and a 6.65 three cone.

EDIT: Wow, reviewing Miller's stats he's practically an Edelman clone as far as measurables:

Edelman: 5'11", 195 lbs
40 yard dash: 4.52
225 lb reps: 14
Vertical jump: 36.5"
Broad jump: 10'03"
20 yard shuttle: 3.92
3-Cone: 6.62

Miller: 6'1", 200 lbs
40 yard dash: 4.50
225 lb reps: 17
Vertical jump: 35"
20 yard shuttle: 4.07
3-Cone: 6.65

Last edited:
IMO I think the team's best bet is really Braxton Miller. My reasoning is that often a receiver washes out here because they can't pick up the offense due to the fact that they need to be able to "read the defense" and adjust their routes accordingly, but if you are a former QB converting to WR then you're miles ahead in this aspect because most of your career was spent looking at the defense before the play begins as a QB, as well as having to know what the routes of your WRs are. This is part of why Edelman worked out. My hope is that Miller can have the same sort of success, but the difference is that he is 6'1" and 200 pounds, runs a 4.50 forty and a 6.65 three cone.

Without a late First Rounder or early Second Rounder wishful thinking...better hope someone bites on a Chandler Jones trade I think he's easily repalaceable.

EDIT: Wow, reviewing Miller's stats he's practically an Edelman clone as far as measurables:

He'll be long gone by pick 64.

IMO I think the team's best bet is really Braxton Miller.
I don't have a name in mind - especially as I'm boycotting this year's draft - I just know we need some youth. Hogan is younger, he helps, but Edelman and Amendola are aging. Heck, as far back as the Demaryous Thomas draft, when we still had Moss, I was hoping to draft Thomas as a long term Moss replacement. Definitely need to get it done.

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet, just scrolled through the thread, but Washington led HOU with 14.0 yard per reception last year. Speed is always a good thing to have in the arsenal. Not to mention the potential veteran leadership.

I don't have a name in mind - especially as I'm boycotting this year's draft - I just know we need some youth. Hogan is younger, he helps, but Edelman and Amendola are aging. Heck, as far back as the Demaryous Thomas draft, when we still had Moss, I was hoping to draft Thomas as a long term Moss replacement. Definitely need to get it done - although I think Keenan Reynolds is more likely than Miller just because of where they'll be drafted.
I hear ya. One guy to watch out for in the later rounds is relatively little-known Devon Cajuste out of Standford - 6'4" and 234 pounds, but somehow ran a combine-best 6.49 three-cone. Freaky. (This was also the 5th-fastest time for all WRs this decade.)

Getting let go by the Texans is like getting rejected by Berklee College of Music. You have to be insanely bad for that to happen. This has Joey Galloway written on it like white on rice.

For the record, his contract expired, and the Texans have reportedly not closed the door on the idea of his returning to the team.

reminds me too much of chad jackson.......at brady's age, we don't need no stinkin projects...I'll take pharoh cooper as he is more productive and does returns

Hey, here's a clip of Washington roasting Malcolm Butler. If Hoyer had thrown it a little deeper it probably would've been a TD.

Brian Hoyer sails one to wide-open Nate Washington for 49 yards

Here's a nice one from Mallett deep to Washington for 48 yards. Of course, Washington loses his footing and falls down for no reason... Otherwise would've been a score.

Looking through a bunch of videos from last season and some from earlier, he's definitely a guy who threatens the middle-deep portion of the field and would force the defense to respect that. But, he's also big enough to box guys out in the red zone. He scores a good number of touchdowns. I would like this signing.

Last edited:

This does have Galloway written all over it. But I was under the impression Berklee was a very competitive and well-respected music school.

I do think Washington COULD work out, but we aren't going to see the numbers he put up over his career here. Maybe 15-25 catches.

Well he is a Free Agent so he wasn't released by the Texans, they are actually interested in bringing him back.

This does have Galloway written all over it

As for this, not sure how this has that written all over it.. Galloway was 38 years old and was clearly done and couldn't pick up the system. Washington is 32 and has familiarity with the system given that Bill O'Brien is the coach in Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes