PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have faced 8 out of the 13 top WR this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
For starters, could the criticism have been any worse then Belichick taking another late round projected safety in the 2nd round? Second, you aren't hearing people complain about Richards not getting any playing time. How many 6'3 wide receivers in the NFL do you regularly see playing special teams? This is not a surprise!
No one expected Strong to come into the league and be an Amari cooper. For Heavens sake, 2 of the top 3 WR's in this years draft haven't even played a single snap this season, can't be much worse then that.
Did you think maybe besides cooper it just wasn't the right draft to go WR? And people complained about Dobson all year his rookie year I can't imagine how bad it would have been if he was having a year like strong. Bottom line a backup/special teams safety with starter potential is a better pick than a big WR who was at least a full season if not two full seasons away from being able to contribute at the nfl level.

Strong had every opportunity to come in and earn a role with a Texans and he hasn't so far. His rookie season is half as good as Chad jacksons was. If the pats drafted him in the 2nd and he was having this type of year, fans and media would be going bananas with how bad of a pick it was. The kid doesn't even contribute on special teams. Maybe as a 5th rounder developmental guy it would be ok for a red shirt year. Talk to me in 4 years when strong is on the streets and Richards is a legit nfl safety.

On Hard Knocks it was clear that had Strong not been a 3rd round pick he would have been cut. In fact it looked like he may have still be on his way to being cut but had a 5 catch 40 yard 1 TD game Week 3 of the pre season against NO which was enough for the Texans to convince themselves to keep him.

Did you think maybe besides cooper it just wasn't the right draft to go WR? And people complained about Dobson all year his rookie year I can't imagine how bad it would have been if he was having a year like strong. Bottom line a backup/special teams safety with starter potential is a better pick than a big WR who was at least a full season if not two full seasons away from being able to contribute at the nfl level.

Dobsons rookie year people were upset because the WR's on the roster hadn't developed into what they are today. They wanted him to come in a be our number 1 receiver right away. Id trade Richards for at least 3 WR's taken after him in this years draft, all three in which I liked in this years pre-draft process. My binkie was Deandre Smelter and he has yet to play a single snap, and id still prefer him over Richards. Id rather have Tyler lockett and Stephon Diggs, both players I thought would be good fits on this team also. I can understand Richards value on the team, but no one here can understand his value in where he was selected. That is my issue.

Not to mention, Adrian Amos was a much better Saftey prospect who I thought would be a great fit on this team. He's having a great rookie season on a defense without much talent around him. I just don't see the value in the Richards pick. We probably could've traded out on the 2nd and got both Amos and Richards.

Dobsons rookie year people were upset because the WR's on the roster hadn't developed into what they are today.

Actually, the majority of posters here in 2013 were terribly high on the promising young trio made up of Kenbrell Thompkins, Aaron Dobson, and Josh Boyce.

Actually, the majority of posters here in 2013 were terribly high on the promising young trio made up of Kenbrell Thompkins, Aaron Dobson, and Josh Boyce.

Sorta like there are still plenty of people that still see a ton of promise in Dobson. I have given up, but i hope to be proven wrong one day.

Brown- 9/133 yards (2 rec 25 yards in garbage time)
Beckham- 4/104 (87 came on 1 play that McCourty messed up on. He was targeted 12 times)
Hopkins- 3/52
Marshall- 4/67
Robinson- 4/68 (37 came on 1 rec in garbage time)
Thomas- 1/36 (targeted 12 times)
Hilton- 6/74 (30 came when Pats went into prevent up 2 TD and 2 minutes left in the game)
Landry- 6/71 (30 came on the drive before HT)

Not looking forward to Pats facing A Brown again in the playoffs. That is a different PIT team than the one Pats faced in week 1. It is what it is.

Not looking forward to Pats facing A Brown again in the playoffs. That is a different PIT team than the one Pats faced in week 1. It is what it is.

For sure, but it's also a different Malcolm Butler and Logan Ryan. Both are getting better every week so far.

It's not really. Only difference is they have Bryant. Who people vastly overrate because he shows up on the highlights once in a while. He's played 8 games and in 5 of them he's failed to have more than 70 yards and in 4 of those games he didn't have more than 50.

Also that's Pats defense isn't the one the Steelers played week 1.

It's not really. Only difference is they have Bryant. Who people vastly overrate because he shows up on the highlights once in a while. He's played 8 games and in 5 of them he's failed to have more than 70 yards and in 4 of those games he didn't have more than 50.

Also that's Pats defense isn't the one the Steelers played week 1.

I agree but the PIT D has gotten better also. I'm not saying we don't beat them, it's just going to be a fight.

"This secondary hasn't been tested, mike! Logan Ryan and Malcolm butler scare the crap out of me back there!"

Who are you quoting? Who is Mike?
Still funny as hell!

Off topic but tangentially related is just how strong Josh Norman's season has been:

Pretty darn impressive.

Off topic but tangentially related is just how strong Josh Norman's season has been:

Pretty darn impressive.

5th round pick too.

Wonder how he would do vs JE11.

Pretty darn impressive.

Norman receives a ton of safety help, also plays a lot of zone. Not saying he's not good or having a great season, but it does come with a lil grain of salt.

CWeDy2_WIAAwUTu.png

Oft heard in days of yore:

"Bill Belichick does not know how to draft defensive backs.. "

Most or our guys are now home grown.. Butler, Ryan, Harmon, McCourty and Chung.. more in the wings waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore