PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats have faced 8 out of the 13 top WR this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite part of this argument is that they assume that teams just lose their mind against the Patriots. Like Hoyer is perfectly good at hitting an open Hopkins against every other team, and the only reason he had less success against the Patriots is that he momentarily forgot how to throw a football. That's fine, for a game or two, but this seems to be the argument after EVERY good defensive performance. At some point, the "good luck" starts to become a trend, and just because you don't understand how it works doesn't mean BB and the Patriots don't either.

Ya the "there was plays to be made but they didn't make them" pessimistic view.. Like how Perillo brought up how Griffin the TE got open a few times and dropped passes. Thing was he dropped maybe 1 or 2, the others were good defensive break ups by the Pats. So its a negative that Pats defense allowed a ball to hit a receivers hands before the broke it up?

You know people are bias when they blame houstons loss in dropped passes but don't mention the passes we dropped or the ridiculous overturning of completions. Either way, our secondary did well against Pierre garçon and desean Jackson. If we had jackson on our team it would solve all the deep throw problems.

I recall last year when the Pats had five straight games against the best WR DUO's in the league.....

B.Marshall/A.Jeffrey (Bears)
D.Thomas/E.Sanders (Broncos)
TY Hilton/R.Wayne (Colts)
C.Johnson/G.Tate(Lions)
J.Nelson/R.Cobb (Packers)

You know people are bias when they blame houstons loss in dropped passes but don't mention the passes we dropped or the ridiculous overturning of completions. Either way, our secondary did well against Pierre garçon and desean Jackson. If we had jackson on our team it would solve all the deep throw problems.

Yeah, you learn that people can always (even idiotically) find ways of trying to make a point. For instance.....prior to the 2014 Super Bowl we would hear ......."if you take away all the seasons prior to 2005, Tom Brady hasn't won anything".....yeah, but um, he won three during that time.....why do we want to just forget that?

Ya the "there was plays to be made but they didn't make them" pessimistic view.. Like how Perillo brought up how Griffin the TE got open a few times and dropped passes. Thing was he dropped maybe 1 or 2, the others were good defensive break ups by the Pats. So its a negative that Pats defense allowed a ball to hit a receivers hands before the broke it up?
Perillo has a terrible eye for football. He's also lazy, ill-prepared, lacks basic football knowledge and always speaks with an authoritative tone. I forget which show he's on, but they often show the team he works with in meetings. Everyone in the meeting always has notepads and pens... except Perillo. Imagine covering football as your career for many years without even knowing the difference between an X and a Y receiver. I'll never understand why the Pats pay that knucklehead to cover the team.

Yeah, you learn that people can always (even idiotically) find ways of trying to make a point. For instance.....prior to the 2014 Super Bowl we would hear ......."if you take away all the seasons prior to 2005, Tom Brady hasn't won anything".....yeah, but um, he won three during that time.....why do we want to just forget that?

They forget he went to two superbowls too and won division titles. They are blinded by hate.

Well, to be honest, Logan Ryan back there "scared the crap out of me" too until he showed he could play much better than last year.

Wow I've slept on Julio. I thought brown, obj were 1 and 2 with a cushion

Good lord, did Maseroti actually say that? Great example of why i stopped listening to boston sports talk.
Hahaha I haven't listened this week I have no idea what his most current take is, since him and felger are the kings of "what I last saw" takes. But for the first several weeks he continuously talked down about the secondary despite their great play.

Perillo has a terrible eye for football. He's also lazy, ill-prepared, lacks basic football knowledge and always speaks with an authoritative tone. I forget which show he's on, but they often show the team he works with in meetings. Everyone in the meeting always has notepads and pens... except Perillo. Imagine covering football as your career for many years without even knowing the difference between an X and a Y receiver. I'll never understand why the Pats pay that knucklehead to cover the team.
That's exactly what I mean. Hart is the better of the two but still nothing special. Honestly these two are no more knowledgeable than the average patsfan poster. PFW is probably really cheap for the pats to produce since no one is knocking on the door trying to poach these guys. That's why they keep them around. I don't think the pats really respect them as journalists/ analysts when's the last time you hear any of them actually report a story. There's a reason they don't have any patriots sources after several years here. Hell, old balls jerry Thornton is more plugged in to the pats than these guys are.

I don't think either of the players would resolve our deep ball problems. We need a deep receiver who attacks the ball. Im not jumping on the "Brady doesnt have a deep ball" train, but in reality, its not his best asset. Some times his ball needs to be attacked. Just the reality of it.

Last edited:
I don't think either of the players would resolve our deep call problems. We need a deep receiver who attacks the ball. Not jumping on the brady doesnt have a deep ball trend, but in reality, its not his best asset. Sometime the ball needs to be attacked. Just the reality of it.

Much would've rather had Jalen strong then Jordan Richards in this past draft.

Much would've rather had Jalen strong then Jordan Richards in this past draft.
The same Jaelen strong who can't pick up an nfl offense, or stay healthy and has 4 catches for 64 yards the whole season?

The same Jaelen strong who can't pick up an nfl offense, or stay healthy and has 4 catches for 64 yards the whole season?

2 rec and 53 yards coming in one game and 42 of those yards being because the colts were idiots at the end of the half and let Hoyer throw up hail mary with 5 seconds left in the 1st half.

Spot on.

I call Perillo and Andy Hart "Statler and Waldorf" from the Muppets because those two bicker about the stupidest things, belittle EVERYTHING and are totally useless and uninformed.

Then there is their boss Fat Fred Kirsch on the TV show who looks like he just woke up from getting his angioplasty, sucked down a couple of White Russians and listened to Big O for 3 hrs to get his opinion.

That TV show with those 3 assclowns and the "Bob's Discount Furniture" room during preseason is something I'd recommend using as torture for the CIA to use on ISIS suspects.

Fire the lot of 'em. What an embarrassment. Brutal.

That's exactly what I mean. Hart is the better of the two but still nothing special. Honestly these two are no more knowledgeable than the average patsfan poster. PFW is probably really cheap for the pats to produce since no one is knocking on the door trying to poach these guys. That's why they keep them around. I don't think the pats really respect them as journalists/ analysts when's the last time you hear any of them actually report a story. There's a reason they don't have any patriots sources after several years here. Hell, old balls jerry Thornton is more plugged in to the pats than these guys are.

2 Pats fans covering the Pats for the Pats getting paid for it is what they are. Could take 2 posters from here and switch them out and it would be the same thing.

He was considered raw coming out of college, he only played 2 years of D1 football, and was only a starter for 1 year, none of this is a surprise. He was out with a sickness, not an injury. With your train of thought, why don't we get rid of Jamie collins. I stand by what I say, id rather have him.
Not to mention, 4 catches for 64 yards and 2 TD's is more productive then 8 tackles and one pass defended.
Do some research buddy!

He was considered raw coming out of college, he only played 2 years of D1 football, and was only a starter for 1 year, none of this is a surprise. He was out with a sickness, not an injury. With your train of thought, why don't we get rid of Jamie collins. I stand by what I say, id rather have him.
Not to mention, 4 catches for 64 yards and 2 TD's is more productive then 8 tackles and one pass defended.
Do some research buddy!

Strong had every opportunity to come in and earn a role with a Texans and he hasn't so far. His rookie season is half as good as Chad jacksons was. If the pats drafted him in the 2nd and he was having this type of year, fans and media would be going bananas with how bad of a pick it was. The kid doesn't even contribute on special teams. Maybe as a 5th rounder developmental guy it would be ok for a red shirt year. Talk to me in 4 years when strong is on the streets and Richards is a legit nfl safety.

Strong had every opportunity to come in and earn a role with a Texans and he hasn't so far. His rookie season is half as good as Chad jacksons was. If the pats drafted him in the 2nd and he was having this type of year, fans and media would be going bananas with how bad of a pick it was. The kid doesn't even contribute on special teams. Maybe as a 5th rounder developmental guy it would be ok for a red shirt year. Talk to me in 4 years when strong is on the streets and Richards is a legit nfl safety.

For starters, could the criticism have been any worse then Belichick taking another late round projected safety in the 2nd round? Second, you aren't hearing people complain about Richards not getting any playing time. How many 6'3 wide receivers in the NFL do you regularly see playing special teams? This is not a surprise!
No one expected Strong to come into the league and be an Amari cooper. For Heavens sake, 2 of the top 3 WR's in this years draft haven't even played a single snap this season, can't be much worse then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes