PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats game in Miami Flexed to 4:25

Framed in comparison to the alternative, which is likely playing against Buffalo: Despite all those weapons, Cincy passes for fewer yards per game, scores fewer points per game, and gives up almost 4 more points per game on defense than the Bills. It's nice that they have scary receivers, but it's not making them any tougher to defend than Buffalo. Plus their OL is worse and their QB has never played in a playoff game. And I'm not saying DON'T be concerned with the Bengals, they're a good team and would be playing at home. Just that between them and Buffalo, it's not outrageous to choose Cincy.
And while I don’t think McDermott is very bright, the coaching decisions at the end of the KC-CIN game yesterday definitely have me feeling Taylor is worse

And while I don’t think McDermott is very bright, the coaching decisions at the end of the KC-CIN game yesterday definitely have me feeling Taylor is worse

I think between Taylor, McDermott, Reid, and Vrabel: Taylor is the one least likely to out coach Belichick on any given Sunday.

Why does KC get an extra days rest? Dallas and Philly too? If they insist on Saturday games it should be the 1 seeds so no one has an advantage.

It makes some sense to have it be one of the 4-5 matchups. That would suck, though.
It has nothing to do with matchups and everything to do with making sure the right networks get the right ratings draw in the right timeslots.

I'm just glad we managed to avoid having to watch Rodgers or an NFC East team on Sunday night for once.

While that is true, is that any worse than the Dallas Cowboys once again getting a prime time game. It seems as if this year was even worse than usual, with every game either being the only national broadcast at that time (100% coverage) or close to it (the primary game in the late afternoon slot.
  • Week 1, 100%: Thursday Night (at Tampa)
  • Week 2, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on Fox (at Chargers)
  • Week 3, 100%: Monday Night (vs Eagles)
  • Week 4, 50%: primary single game on Fox (vs Carolina)
  • Week 5, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on Fox (vs Giants)
  • Week 6, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on CBS (at Pats)
  • Week 7 - Bye
  • Week 8, 100%: Sunday Night (at Minnesota)
  • Week 9, 75%: primary early game on Fox (vs Denver)
  • Week 10, 75%: primary single game on Fox (vs Atlanta)
  • Week 11, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on Fox (at KC)
  • Week 12, 100%: Late afternoon thanksgiving day game (vs Raiders)
  • Week 13, 100%: Thursday Night (at Saints)
  • Week 14, 75%: primary single game on Fox (vs Wash)
  • Week 15, 95%: primary early game on Fox (vs Giants)
  • Week 16, 100%: Sunday night (vs Wash)
  • Week 17, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on Fox (vs Ariz)
  • Week 18, 100%: Saturday night (at Eagles)

Oversaturation. And let's not forget, this television schedule is for a team that was coming off a 6-10 season, that at midseason was 2-7 and flirting with being in the running for the first overall pick of the draft. That performance merits this type of over exposure?

While that is true, is that any worse than the Dallas Cowboys once again getting a prime time game. It seems as if this year was even worse than usual, with every game either being the only national broadcast at that time (100% coverage) or close to it (the primary game in the late afternoon slot.
  • Week 1, 100%: Thursday Night (at Tampa)
  • Week 2, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on Fox (at Chargers)
  • Week 3, 100%: Monday Night (vs Eagles)
  • Week 4, 50%: primary single game on Fox (vs Carolina)
  • Week 5, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on Fox (vs Giants)
  • Week 6, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on CBS (at Pats)
  • Week 7 - Bye
  • Week 8, 100%: Sunday Night (at Minnesota)
  • Week 9, 75%: primary early game on Fox (vs Denver)
  • Week 10, 75%: primary single game on Fox (vs Atlanta)
  • Week 11, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on Fox (at KC)
  • Week 12, 100%: Late afternoon thanksgiving day game (vs Raiders)
  • Week 13, 100%: Thursday Night (at Saints)
  • Week 14, 75%: primary single game on Fox (vs Wash)
  • Week 15, 95%: primary early game on Fox (vs Giants)
  • Week 16, 100%: Sunday night (vs Wash)
  • Week 17, 95%: Late afternoon double header primary game on Fox (vs Ariz)
  • Week 18, 100%: Saturday night (at Eagles)

Oversaturation. And let's not forget, this television schedule is for a team that was coming off a 6-10 season, that at midseason was 2-7 and flirting with being in the running for the first overall pick of the draft. That performance merits this type of over exposure?
Jerruh!!!

Hopefully, no more to follow:

Pats could finish anywhere from #1 seed to #7 depending on next week's games......

Not upset with this. The heat in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday is supposed to get up to 82. By moving to 4:25, it takes away a competitive advantage from Miami since it might be 5-10 degrees cooler and less sun than at 1 PM.
82 is actually a beautiful day for South Florida.

What does the temp drop to late afternoon-sundown?
The bigger temp drop is usually 5:30-7:30PM, after sunset, rather than 1-4 or 2-5.

So the second half will not wear big guys down as much.

Man - almost bought a $50 ticket a month and a half ago but would've had to fly in and arrive at 12:30pm on Sun. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle despite the cheap everything, but if I knew it was going to start at 4:25, I would've gone (although recent events would've made me strongly rethink). Gillette's the only NFL stadium I've been in (well... except Candlestick in the late 80's but that was for a baseball game).

What does the temp drop to late afternoon-sundown?
What Palm Beach said. I’d hazard a guess of mid to low 70s. Should be a nice evening.

For example, here's the weather.com hour-by-hour forecast for Palm Beach Gardens tomorrow:

20220103_213945.jpg

WHY would you want to play against Cincinnati? They have 3 excellent WRs, a very good RB in Mixon and a decent TE in Uzomah. Not to mention an above average to good QB in Joe Burrow. Do you really think the Pats have the DBs to handle that offense? I don't. And I'm a big fan of this defense,.
Not because I think the bengals aren’t a good football team. I want to play them because it would be in place of other matchups that I see as even more difficult.
I prefer that matchup over the bills and the chiefs.

The simple fact of the matter is the Cowboys are, year in and year out, one of the best draws in the NFL. When they have a crappy year, they're still good for a few prime time games. And when they are having a good year? Plan on seeing them just about every week.

The simple fact of the matter is the Cowboys are, year in and year out, one of the best draws in the NFL. When they have a crappy year, they're still good for a few prime time games. And when they are having a good year? Plan on seeing them just about every week.
I thought I read somewhere that the combo of winning teams, having three other MASSIVE TV markets in their division (NY, PHI and WAS), and the marketization of the cheerleaders nationwide was what propelled the Cowboys to high visibility and therefore 'game of the week' selection in the late 70s early 80s, but that generation of fans is frickin' OLD now (not the prime demographic for advertisers), MIA, ATL and LA markets are as big or bigger plus with the internet, scantily clad pictures are not exactly difficult to come by.

So what is it Madison Avenue!? Why are the Cowboys still a "thing"?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back