PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats feel good about Stidham's offseason so far

“There is a pretty good feeling about what Jarrett Stidham has done over the course of this offseason,” NFL Network’s Mike Giardi said on the air earlier this week. “They like sort of his demeanor right now, they feel like there’s a bit more urgency to his operation, if you will. He’s the one who organized the workouts on the West Coast earlier this offseason. Maybe Jarrett Stidham is saying, ‘I’m not done just yet; this isn’t Cam’s job just yet.’”
------
I don't know if this report really matches the article headline.

Even if it did, maybe there are possible trade partners out there and they're talking him up. Can't hurt.
It seems we've gotten to the point where one reporter writing about another reporter's interpretation of perceptions the second reporter gleaned from anonymous sources now gets our attention..

If we ever wondered what this country would do in the post-industrial era, I think we now know.

I regret to inform everyone that I just clicked into an article with literally no news, even after its title told me that it literally had no news:

And this year, he knows if he doesn't show something, some real development mentally and physically, he won't even be on the roster (which will cost him close to $2m over the next two years).

But if he's aiming to be a backup, he won't make the team. He better show a reason for them to keep him.
I certainly don't think he is aiming to be the back up. My point was that he thought he was going to be for 4 years. Brady leaving surprised him and caught him unaware. Then with no off season last year it showed, then they brought in a big charismatic guy and the vets flocked to Cam, and he got into a funk. Too bad for him, but it does seem like he has taken actions so that he will be prepared this summer.

Stidham first 20 pass attempts of his career: 4 INTs, 2 pick 6's
Nathan Peterman first 20 pass attempts of his career: 4 INTs, 1 pick 6

Sounds about right. That's about his skill level and the level of where his career is headed right now.

Last edited:
Stidham first 20 pass attempts of his career: 4 INTs, 2 pick 6's
Nathan Peterman first 20 pass attempts of his career: 4 INTs, 1 pick 6

Sounds about right. That's about his skill level and the level of where his career is headed right now.
You understand that he never got to practice, and then came in withthe team down, and to of those interceptions were easy catches that bounced off hands. including one of the pick six that endleman blew.

It’s a message to the 49ers that they have other options just like the leaked paper showing the Love trade with the Packers. Bill really wants Garappolo but he really doesn’t want to pay what the 49ers are asking for to be playing these silly games.
49ers are imploding. Aside from the 2017 draft being a complete disaster, Shanahan and Lynch have made some really bad moves in the last two years and the pressure is on for them to hit on whatever QB they take. They are stupid to not cut bait and get something in return for a guy who is very likely to get injured again (Jimmy G). They are stubbornly holding onto him.

Last edited:
I can't imagine you'd get much for a 25 year old who has shown no progression or development to date, but can't hurt to try. I am sure they'd like to talk him up for that reason. I don't know if this report is really doing that though. Still seems kinda tepid.
Thanks, if you can give us the inside info on what he has been struggling with we will be forever grateful.

If Stidham's problems were based in his maturity and focus and he turned over a new leaf, it could be a good thing. I am not holding my breath that he will turn into a good starter, but the book on him coming out of college was he has all the physical skills to be a very good QB and just needed to pull it together. Maybe last year was a wake up call.

49ers are imploding. Aside from the 2017 draft being a complete disaster, Shanahan and Lynch have made some really bad moves in the last two years and the pressure is on for them to hit on whatever QB they take. They are stupid to not cut bait and get something in return for a guy who is very likely to get injured again (Jimmy G). They are stubbornly holding onto him.
You been in your cups?

49ers are imploding. Shanahan and Lynch have made some really bad moves in the last two years and the pressure is on for them to hit on whatever QB they take. They are stupid to not cut bait and get something in return for a guy who is very likely to get injured again (Jimmy G). They are stubbornly holding onto him.
Lynch and Shanahan don’t get the grief they deserve for the selection of Soloman Thomas 3rd overall in 2017 when they had no QB and passed on Watson and Mahomes to take him. They play the media suck up game real well, but, if whoever they take next Thursday is not a grand slam, their jobs will be in jeopardy.

He is a BUST.

No reason for Cam to be here if JS was any good. Cam came back to make up for 2020 and is being paid to play.

Stiffman was always a Rummy.

You think the 49ers are fine?
I think calling their 2017 draft a disaster, when that's the year they got Kittle, is a definite sign that you might need to sleep one off.

isn’t adding qb Jones of Alabama to our roster redundant with stidham already on the roster?

I am seeing a lot of uncorroborated stuff about Stiddy being lazy and partying in this thread. Links please.

What I do know is that Stiddy did not play in a pro style offense while in college and that might be what is hindering his growth. However, he looked good in the 2019 preseason....and was entrusted enough to be the #2 in 2019. Then he had no off season, got hurt in camp, was the #3 before Hoyer lost his wheels, and did not look good in live action...BUT never started a game with a week's preparation though.

I am seeing a lot of uncorroborated stuff about Stiddy being lazy and partying in this thread. Links please.

What I do know is that Stiddy did not play in a pro style offense while in college and that might be what is hindering his growth. However, he looked good in the 2019 preseason....and was entrusted enough to be the #2 in 2019. Then he had no off season, got hurt in camp, was the #3 before Hoyer lost his wheels, and did not look good in live action...BUT never started a game with a week's preparation though.
say Stiddy one more time...I dare you..I DOUBLE dare you..

say-it-again-i-dare-you-i-double-dare-you.jpg

Newton and Stidham have every opportunity this year to be far better versions of themselves. Both are stepping up to ensure that actually happens and I'm sure McDaniels will have some new wrinkles as well.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back