PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats feel good about Stidham's offseason so far

He is a BUST.

No reason for Cam to be here if JS was any good. Cam came back to make up for 2020 and is being paid to play.

Stiffman was always a Rummy.
And yet his contract doesn't reflect that level of trust. They could trade him in TC and have just a $2M cap hit.

I had previously posted that the Pats have a QB consultant under contract to them that said about two or three months ago that he had worked with Stidham last offseason and as a rookie QB he was further behind as a NFL QB than any he had previously worked with. This consultant then said that Stidham knows that this offseason is do or die for him as a NFL QB. The consultant said that Stidham will surprise people this offseason and give it his best shot and that it could be a pretty good shot, suggesting the Pats may go with him depending on the offseason. I am only a messenger.

I had previously posted that the Pats have a QB consultant under contract to them that said about two or three months ago that he had worked with Stidham last offseason and as a rookie QB he was further behind as a NFL QB than any he had previously worked with. This consultant then said that Stidham knows that this offseason is do or die for him as a NFL QB. The consultant said that Stidham will surprise people this offseason and give it his best shot and that it could be a pretty good shot, suggesting the Pats may go with him depending on the offseason. I am only a messenger.
And yet he somehow had the second best preseason of any Pats rookie QB, and they were willing to have him as the only backup?

Newton and Stidham have every opportunity this year to be far better versions of themselves. Both are stepping up to ensure that actually happens and I'm sure McDaniels will have some new wrinkles as well.

Stress wrinkles?

I am ready to jump back on the Stidhim train, it looks a lot better than the Newton train. I mean, after watching Newton start for a month, I'll be ready to support any other QB

All we as fans know about Stidham is what we saw in games. Games he didn’t start or ever take snaps as the starter the week leading up to it in practice. We do know he was hurt last preseason and that Cam was the starter not him. All of the rest is a bunch of crap made up from secret sources posted by random internet friends of friends. He may well suck, he wasn’t able to beat out Cam to start. Then when Cam sucked he wasn’t replaced by Stidham, although Bill doesn’t like to change qb’s. Remember Brady and Bledsoe, Tommy was sitting on the bench behind Bledsoe until Bledsoe got hurt.

All we as fans know about Stidham is what we saw in games. Games he didn’t start or ever take snaps as the starter the week leading up to it in practice. We do know he was hurt last preseason and that Cam was the starter not him. All of the rest is a bunch of crap made up from secret sources posted by random internet friends of friends. He may well suck, he wasn’t able to beat out Cam to start. Then when Cam sucked he wasn’t replaced by Stidham, although Bill doesn’t like to change qb’s. Remember Brady and Bledsoe, Tommy was sitting on the bench behind Bledsoe until Bledsoe got hurt.
The fact that Bill chose Hoyer and not Stid when Cam wasn't available speaks volumes

I am seeing a lot of uncorroborated stuff about Stiddy being lazy and partying in this thread. Links please.

What I do know is that Stiddy did not play in a pro style offense while in college and that might be what is hindering his growth. However, he looked good in the 2019 preseason....and was entrusted enough to be the #2 in 2019. Then he had no off season, got hurt in camp, was the #3 before Hoyer lost his wheels, and did not look good in live action...BUT never started a game with a week's preparation though.
I have no idea if he’s any good or not, I can only go on the fact that Belichick clearly didn’t have any faith in him last season. However I do get a kick out of reading the posts from those pretending to know what he’s showing in practice and training. They just make sh.t up and pretend it’s fact.

Right on the money.

The fact that Bill chose Hoyer and not Stid when Cam wasn't available speaks volumes
No it doesn’t, that was the covid week with no practices right? Do you take the experienced qb in that situation or the player that has never started a game in the nfl? Once again it doesn’t mean Stidham is any good, it simply means you really can’t draw conclusions from it.

I would say if he turns up sober that would be an improvement.

In the end the Patriots are likely to run with 3 QB's, especially if a rookie is drafted. His future in the NFL in the longer term will be based on how he performs, so I hope he has a good training camp.

But Stiddy as of today is a cautionary tale for anyone who thinks we should veer for a Mond, Mills, Trask or Newman. Often rough diamonds stay rough

No it doesn’t, that was the covid week with no practices right? Do you take the experienced qb in that situation or the player that has never started a game in the nfl? Once again it doesn’t mean Stidham is any good, it simply means you really can’t draw conclusions from it.
It was the week Cam was diagnosed. They didn't have practice after that, so Hoyer had taken almost all the reps with the starters.

If, for example, they knew on Monday of that week that Cam had a minor injury that would have him out a couple of weeks, they might have started Stidham.

say Stiddy one more time...I dare you..I DOUBLE dare you..

say-it-again-i-dare-you-i-double-dare-you.jpg

Somebody needs a foot massage.

This thread just exposes the relationship history of Patsfans posters. Some of us are "Why not hope for the best?" and others of us are "I'm not letting myself get set up for disappointment again."

If this is true, there is hope for Stidham. Stidham was not a complete product when drafted. In fact, he was the exact opposite. He has a lot of the tools to be a good or even great or possibly elite QB, but he was very raw and needed a lot of development to even have a prayer of reaching his potential. If he is way behind the development process and he is serious now in developing himself, we could see a massive leap in his playing ability.

Stidham may never amount to be even a good back up QB, but he does a rather high ceiling with the talents he has. But the NFL is littered with QBs with massive amounts of talent who turn into mediocre or even awful QBs because they can never pull it all together.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back