PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats D vs Jags D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Ravens are one of the worst run-stopping teams in the league this year... anyways, I'm not going to dwindle in hypotheticals. :p

uh...what now, rook?

You said football is about matchups! Now answer the question ........

How was the matchup the last time these two teams faced each other in Foxboro during the playoffs?

apples oranges

Both teams are better than they were then.

Garrard went out early in the first Game against the Colts when the score was 7-0.
A telling fact that the Jaguars offensive line is not as good at pass protection as you would believe.

Not inaccurate but skewed slightly. Garrard went out early in the first Game against the Colts when the score was 7-0. Not to make excuses just putting in facts. What would happen if Brady went out against the Colts in the 1st half? Give a team TOP and a short field and any team in the NFL will score points.

you're rollin'!
now, explain away all the other games.

there're 6 games laid out there for you.

I'm thinking delight is the resident jags moron........

Another telling fact is that Garrad has no 300 yard passing games this season.

However, his backup, Quinn Gray ( who?) has 2 this season.

If the Jags fall behind they are toast relying on Garrad to bring them back.

Meanwhile, the resident Jaguars moron enters the discussion.

Just trying to keep up with you, your my hero.

are the Pats better than they were in 2005...YES

Are the Jags better than they were in 2005....YES

But the Pats resident moron says I'm wrong so I must be. The PAts are worse than 2005 then how is that.

By the logic of the original poster, since the pats d is better than the jags D against pittsburgh, and Indy, that means the pats will win, huh? If I were to use this logic and apply it to my colts, then they never would have gotten out of Baltimore last year, capice?

uh, no.

what it means, if you really NEED to imbue a bunch of #'s with meaning, is that the pats d rox, and the jags d are ****ies.

You said football is about matchups! Now answer the question ........

How was the matchup the last time these two teams faced each other in Foxboro during the playoffs?

Not very good. But that's about as logical as me bringing up "last-time's" matchup if Jacksonville actually won, because it wouldn't make sense now that we are two years removed, and the addition of Wes Welker, Stallworth and Moss is a huge difference. Just as the swap of Garrard and Leftwich, and the addition of Maurice Drew is a huge difference.

But do you want me to say it? I mean, do you want the satisfaction? Ok, sure, I'll say what everyone already knows. Jacksonville does not matchup well on defense with the Pats. Their weakness is a quality QB and big plays. The Pats excel at both.

I still don't understand what any of that has to do with the point I was making.

Ok, sure, I'll say what everyone already knows. Jacksonville does not matchup well on defense with the Pats. Their weakness is a quality QB and big plays. .

and good teams.......

Just trying to keep up with you, your my hero.

are the Pats better than they were in 2005...YES

Are the Jags better than they were in 2005....YES

But the Pats resident moron says I'm wrong so I must be. The PAts are worse than 2005 then how is that.
First, the original question was not directed at you. Second, butt out of my conversation with the other Jaguars troll.

First, the Ravens are bad against the run on D? They're 2nd in the NFL, first in y/attempt (2.8).

Getting to the central idea of this thread the Patriots have superior stats in the following defensive statistics (compared to the Jags):
yards/game
rushing yards/game
passing yards/game
points per game
sacks
takeaways
defensive DVOA
defensive DVOA (against run)
defensive DVOA (against pass)
points per drive
TD per drive
takeaways per drive
yards/drive
yards/play
first downs/game
3rd down %
defensive scores

So, yeah the Patriots have the superior defense.

First, the Ravens are bad against the run on D? They're 2nd in the NFL, first in y/attempt (2.8).

Getting to the central idea of this thread the Patriots have superior stats in the following defensive statistics (compared to the Jags):
yards/game
rushing yards/game
passing yards/game
points per game
sacks
takeaways
defensive DVOA
defensive DVOA (against run)
defensive DVOA (against pass)
points per drive
TD per drive
takeaways per drive
yards/drive
yards/play
first downs/game
3rd down %
defensive scores

So, yeah the Patriots have the superior defense.

First, the Ravens part has been discussed. I suggest you review good sir. Second, you are still not proving me wrong. What all of those statistics show me, is that the Pats play better defense. Never did I deny or agree with that. All I said was that the logic coming to that conclusion in this thread was very faulty. The end-result may be right, but the process is wrong. That's the only thing I pointed out, but people can't seem to understand that. Anyone who understand what basic critical thinking is should know that. I don't know why we're pretending like it's not true.

Last edited:
Not very good. But that's about as logical as me bringing up "last-time's" matchup if Jacksonville actually won, because it wouldn't make sense now that we are two years removed, and the addition of Wes Welker, Stallworth and Moss is a huge difference. Just as the swap of Garrard and Leftwich, and the addition of Maurice Drew is a huge difference.

But do you want me to say it? I mean, do you want the satisfaction? Ok, sure, I'll say what everyone already knows. Jacksonville does not matchup well on defense with the Pats. Their weakness is a quality QB and big plays. The Pats excel at both.

I still don't understand what any of that has to do with the point I was making.
Meanwhile, you show utter disrespect for the Patriots defense:

2007 Defensive Stats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...nType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Find

2005 Defensive Stats

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...nType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Find

All I said was that the logic coming to that conclusion in this thread was very faulty.

how would you evaluate this logic, jeb?

Because the Ravens are one of the worst run-stopping teams in the league this year... anyways, I'm not going to dwindle in hypotheticals. :p

oh my god... what is wrong with you people. Utter disrespect? What at all have I said that is disrespectful? I don't understand. Why do you not grasp what I am saying. I simply do not get it. You have got to take your homer-glasses off sir, I'm serious. I never once in here said the Pats defense wasn't good, I never once said in here the Jaguar defense WAS good. In fact, I've probably been nothing but complimentary of their defense, since I directly poitned out flaws in Jacksonville's D, and did nothing for the sort for NE.

The only thing I pointed out was the process of the argument, not the end-result.

What is wrong you, seriously bro? I'm having an intelligent conversation and people are acting like I'm spearing Tom Brady.

Last edited:
This is only relevant if Jax and Pats are similar teams themselves, which they are not. Comparing how much team A and B beat team X by is not accurate. It's simply not.
So what is relevant? Only your opinion?

So what is relevant? Only your opinion?

I think season stats have merit. Yes, the defense benefited from playing in the greatest offense in the history of the league, but yes they did do their job and you can't say any less of them for doing so. So I think the stats from 16 games are much more accurate than two, yes. In that case, Pats D > Jags D.

So essentially I've repeated myself half a dozen times already :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick