PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats claim WR Michael Floyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's not in the right option route or in the right place where Brady expects him to be, it could result in a turnover. He needs to learn the offense and the route tree first.
i agree, we don't want any interceptions due to miscommunications. how about just give him one route, if there's a mismatch, then brady throws it up high where only he can get it. at worst, talib covers him and someone else ends up with an easier matchup.

I would not at all be surprised if he is active for the game.........the sooner there is more separation from the events in arizona, the sooner and the more effective he can be for the pats

you always take advantage of a guy who is on a mad dash to redeem himself

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No guarantee he plays but even with a broken hand and missing a foot he is a better WR than current WR4 Matthew Slater.

i agree, we don't want any interceptions due to miscommunications. how about just give him one route, if there's a mismatch, then brady throws it up high where only he can get it. at worst, talib covers him and someone else ends up with an easier matchup.

He can run Slater's infamous speed GO route. You know the one where Slater uses his speed to get deep downfield and then as the ball reaches him, attacks it flailing his arms as if he's being swarmed by angry bees.

LOL....ya just go deep and if you're open, then I'll hit ya

wrong

they can figure out a half dozen to a dozen routes in one practice with a guy who has been playing all year........there are lots of them that do not require a complete element of timing.....

I would not at all be surprised if he is active for the game.........the sooner there is more separation from the events in arizona, the sooner and the more effective he can be for the pats

you always take advantage of a guy who is on a mad dash to redeem himself

They will run 3 wr sets along with bennett. I feel the same way. I think he will be active.

Does he have any blocking skills?

He can run Slater's infamous speed GO route. You know the one where Slater uses his speed to get deep downfield and then as the ball reaches him, attacks it flailing his arms as if he's being swarmed by angry bees.

...and on those routes he gets ZERO separation. No feel for how to use his body to create separation, change his stride, etc. It's painful to watch.

Plus its like trying to catch the ball with oven mitts on.

I think the DUI laws need to be reexamined a bit but, that said, there really isn't an excuse nowadays for a millionaire athlete not to have Uber or Lyft. It's ridiculously easy to get and, unless they're surging (which said athlete can afford), they're cheaper than the cab companies. All you do is touch your phone screen three times and you have a car on the way to pick you up.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Jeter - if I've had anything at all to drink, I just won't drive. Partly because .08 is such a low BAC that I don't feel even slightly drunk at that point, so I have no real way of accurately gauging if I'm legally drunk.

Seems like common sense to me, but I also get that it's kind of a luxury I have living in downtown of my city, that there are always pretty easy ways of getting home that don't have to involve driving, pretty much no matter where I am.

In any case, there's no excuse at all for a professional athlete. There's too many ways to get home without driving for them to put everyone on the road at risk. But hey, if he actually learns from it, then cool. I'm fine with the Pats giving him a second chance. Plenty of good people get DUIs, and if Jim Irsay feels like he can take the moral high horse on this then that's that. It's awfully hypocritical of them, but if they want to avoid improving their football team for absurdly hypocritical reasons then I'm happy about that.

They will run 3 wr sets along with bennett. I feel the same way. I think he will be active.

he's like the best corner route running decoy there is........a big reason for fitz's ongoing success

LOL....ya just go deep and if you're open, then I'll hit ya

wrong

they can figure out a half dozen to a dozen routes in one practice with a guy who has been playing all year........there are lots of them that do not require a complete element of timing.....
sorry, i was referring to my earlier post--one route in the endzone, only insert him if we're inside the 10.

So just had an office discussion on the game this weekend, I live in Denver. The Broncos fans are actually a little worried about Floyd possibly playing. Im starting to think he will but think about this, all the Pats have to do is have him learn 5-6 plays and that alone will make the Denver secondary pay attention to him, regardless if the ball goes his way or not and if they don't.......

I am of the opinion that maybe his struggles this year are not just him, Palmer is awful, even Brown for AZ isnt having the same year as last.

...and on those routes he gets ZERO separation. No feel for how to use his body to create separation, change his stride, etc. It's painful to watch.

Sl

That's one thing i don't get about him. He should use his body more. He doesn't play as fast as his 40 time but i don't remember him getting caught in the open field when he was in ND. He had similar combine numbers like marshall.

@patfanken @bbobbo the more I think about it now, the more I think he may actually be activated after all. He's practicing and he'll probably get an extended session with Brady after practice. Add to that the fact that the Pats depth at WR right now is pretty suspect (meaning, in the event of an injury, Slater would receive playing time on that position if he's not activated) and I think you have the makings for an appearance and more snaps than we'd anticipate in Denver. If that's the case, I think it says something about the offense not departing too much from what they did when Weis was here.

That post was about Matthew Slater.

Sl

That's one thing i don't get about him. He should use his body more. He doesn't play as fast as his 40 time but i don't remember him getting caught in the open field when he was in ND. He had similar combine numbers like marshall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe