Pats 34, Colts 27 - 5-0 Week 6 Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots 34, Colts 27

5-0

Said it in the game thread, but it bears repeating...love TFBs "**** you" to doing an interview.

Brady was amazing. The one blemish was that pick 6 which was not his fault in any way. Sucks that it shows up in the stats all the same.

The defense needs to do better. At every level. Luck played too well and missed many open guys by overthrowing them. And dont give me some garbage time crap, there was no garbage time in this game. If you are within one score and can do an onside kick then you are still in the game.

Dude, STFU, you'd only do yourself a huge favor. As good as Brady is, he's not a prophet. No way for him to anticipate a blitz direction. A blitz, yes, direction? No! And after the snap, he turned to the left, which made him right-side blinded. Go watch the play again, jackass. And again...
So the guy that is telling me that Brady's blind side is on the right (even before the snap), is telling me to watch the play again. That's just funny.

Dungy forced to admit that the Pats pretty much dominated the game and the Colts are nowhere closer to beating the Patriots. Costas tried to use the "with a few plays here or there and the Colts might have won" but Dungy had none of it.

I thought it was a satisfying win....aside from the injuries which kinda hurt. Hostile environment, good team, Pats gave them some gifts. I will take a win like this any day. Colts knew this was a must win and as close as the score was the Colts couldnt get much going in the second half. The Pats got too conservative at the end. They have to play to win but were clearly the better team.

The defense needs to do better. At every level. And dont give me garbage time, there was no garbage time in this game. If you are within one score and can do an onside kick then you are still in the game.

I agree, but they did play very well for a huge chunk of the game. Offense completely let them down in the 2nd half and Patricia stuck with the 3 man rush too long.

Anyone concerned a lil with our d line? When are we ever going to get more of a consistent pass rush?

If we learned one thing about the Indianapolis Colts tonight this is it:

Their Special Teams Coach finally let Gregg Doyel call one play.

Last edited:
So the guy that is telling me that Brady's blind side is on the right (even before the snap), is telling me to watch the play again. That's just funny.
Go to sleep kid, it's too late for you. You're starting to hallucinate.

Happy with the win (I never thought it would be a blowout).

Not liking the injuries.

Not thrilled with the defense.

Very unhappy with the offense pulling its head into its shell and going super conservative for way too much of the fourth quarter.

The defense needs to do better. At every level. And dont give me garbage time, there was no garbage time in this game. If you are within one score and can do an onside kick then you are still in the game.
Actually the offense needed to do better. The d gave up 7 points in the second half, which really was garbage time, and they gave up 14 in the first. Those last offensive series from the pats wet very meh.

Was anyone aware that Andrew Luck had a shoulder injury heading into this game? I heard Collinsworth kind of hint at it once, but he was vague about it. You'd think it would have been clearly addressed, at least once.

(Warning: This post may contain some sarcasm.)

Won't call it garbage time either but I blame it partially on the scheme we were playing that last drive. Way too conservative prevent. The D did pretty good outside of that in the second half.

Brady was amazing. The one blemish was that pick 6 which was not his fault in any way.

The offense needed to do better when they failed to run out the clock, FWIW. Had they, then the defense would not have been on the field for so many snaps late in the game, ya know.

Got the best shot the Colts had to give and still could've been a blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye