PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats #1 seed in AFC right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am as big a Pats fan as anyone but after the last few years I have to disagree with you on this.

I said they can...doesn't mean they will. They may lose again in their first playoff game. But they're very capable of beating anyone in the AFC, there aren't any juggernauts this year.

Tom Brady is on a 33-1 home streak in the regular season and a 0-2 home streak in the postseason. We've got to win a home playoff game sometime.

Re: First Round, Playoffs?

This Baltimore D is nowhere near as good as the media is making it out to be. They're still very good but they're not otherworldly good.

They have played the weakest schedule I have ever seen aside from the 2 with Pitt.

They have played the weakest schedule I have ever seen aside from the 2 with Pitt.

What worries me about them is their pass rush by all accounts is a lot stronger then it's been the past few years. Nothing kills our playoff hopes faster than failure to protect Brady.

What worries me about them is their pass rush by all accounts is a lot stronger then it's been the past few years. Nothing kills our playoff hopes faster than failure to protect Brady.

Again, though, look at the schedule they have faced.

That's why the Pats need a better running game to rely on. It's not just the Ravens pass rush to worry about, the Texans have probably the best pass rush in the league right now.

That's an interesting statement Andy...If you think Baltimore's schedule is "the weakest you have ever seen," what does that say about N.England's schedule then? Especially since Baltimore has faced SEVEN teams with winning records....N.England has faced FIVE

BALTIMORE'S SCHEDULE: (3-0 vs teams 9-3 or better, and beat the mighty Steelers twice)

Pittsburgh (9-3)

AT Tennessee (7-5)

NY Jets (7-5)

Houston (9-3)

AT Pittsburgh (9-3)

Cincinnati (7-5)

San Francisco (10-2)

---------------------------------------------------------------

NEW ENGLAND'S schedule: (0-1 vs teams 9-3 or better, losing to the Steelers)

AT Oakland (7-5)

NY Jets (7-5)

Dallas (7-5)

AT Pittsburgh (9-3)

AT NYJets (7-5)

Last edited:

That's why the Pats need a better running game to rely on. It's not just the Ravens pass rush to worry about, the Texans have probably the best pass rush in the league right now.

The Texans pose quite a challenge, and anyone who's underestimating them (myself included) had better take a good look at what kind of threat they pose...

I think everyone just kinda gave up when Schaub went down, but that should not be the case. They have great talent in the running game, one of the best WR's in the game, a stifling defense overall, and a great pass rush.

Even IF Yates cannot get the job done (all he has to do is manage the game, he surely looked capable at NCarolina), they now have a couple of experienced journeymen QB's in Delhomme and Garcia.

And before anyone laughs at that statement here, just remember that they BOTH could likely pick apart this defense with ease.

As a Pats fan, I am hoping that HOU runs into some kind of issue down the stretch. But so far, they have not, even with their injuries. They will be a good matchup with anyone, and whipped up the Steelers like no one's business. Even though the game was a 7 point outcome, the Texans dominated that game throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST