PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots video of War Room calling Mac Jones. Who is in the Room?

It almost sounds as if BB is unsure of the pick, asking everyone "are you good on this?" I mean if MJ was clearly the best pick there would be no question.

It almost sounds as if BB is unsure of the pick, asking everyone "are you good on this?" I mean if MJ was clearly the best pick there would be no question.
Maybe it's just cynical old me, but I think his polling everyone was just for the cameras, to show how collaborative he now is.

I think you are reading too much into it. MJ was the pick. Case closed. No one in that room was going against the Mac Jones pick.

Maybe it's just cynical old me, but I think his polling everyone was just for the cameras, to show how collaborative he now is.
Bingo. It's good management. I'm sure BB has been a bit better about collaborating and getting opinions and recommendations but make no mistake who is deciding on that pick.

So if MJ doesn't work out BB has video proof that he wasn't the only guy who was ok with the pick lol

I think you are reading too much into it. MJ was the pick. Case closed. No one in that room was going against the Mac Jones pick.

I suspect they went in assuming Jones would be gone, and had several long conversations about who the pick would be, had settled on someone, and then had to undo that decision when Jones became available. Hence the "you OK with this?" polling, like a judge does with a jury.

I suspect they went in assuming Jones would be gone, and had several long conversations about who the pick would be, had settled on someone, and then had to undo that decision when Jones became available. Hence the "you OK with this?" polling, like a judge does with a jury.
Quite possible but all the debate was had well before Draft Day.

As you say there may have been a player who was the same on the "horizontal" board but based on team need Jones was the guy.

I just don't think anyone in that room was against Mac Jones at 15.

I like the pick. He’ll probably do some really good things for the franchise.

My only question is...if he was your guy than why not trade up for him? There is no such thing as clairvoyance when it comes to the draft. Had Chicago taken Jones instead of Fields would that had changed things? I don’t know, maybe they really liked Lance and after he was off the board they let the draft just fall to them? I’m not being a hater, I like the pick of Mac Jones. Just found it odd there was no small trade up unless their intel was just so concrete that they weren’t worried about losing their guy.

I don't understand why they were not jumping up and down and hollering. Maybe they were when SF made their idiotic pick of Lance....I was jumping up and down and hooting both times.

Maybe they did not show the footage earlier when it became clear that Jone was gonna drop to them (about pick 12 or so). Too bad Michael Holly was not there recording everything...

I don't understand why they were not jumping up and down and hollering.
Yeh, I didn't get the jumping around, high-fiving, hugs, fist-bumps etc from teams picking 1,2,3,4. You suck so you were picking early (SF apart) and you drafted who everybody predicted you would. What's the party about? Sit down, be humble and get better i.e. stop sucking.

I don't understand why they were not jumping up and down and hollering. Maybe they were when SF made their idiotic pick of Lance....I was jumping up and down and hooting both times.

Maybe they did not show the footage earlier when it became clear that Jone was gonna drop to them (about pick 12 or so). Too bad Michael Holly was not there recording everything...
The NEP FO has never done that over a draft pick. Confused why fans think that would change.

The high fiving, hooting and hollering from an NFL front office is so bush league.
It really is. This isn't a fantasy football draft for crissakes

I totally appreciate how the NEP conduct business. They get on the phone with players as if they were ordering mulch or loam to be delivered.

So if MJ doesn't work out BB has video proof that he wasn't the only guy who was ok with the pick lol

Yes to pre-empt any future rumors or complaints that a pick was made over heavy scout objections (Maroney, Chad Jackson, etc).

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back