Patriots UDFA Class Is Good, But Jackson May Be a Keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots UDFA Class Is Good, But Jackson May Be a Keeper

Steve Balestrieri

Jackson has good athleticism and he will fight for the ball at the high point. While he isn’t a burner and doesn’t possess great top end speed, he’s quick off the line and at the snap he can lock up with a receiver and is very physical.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Got himself in a very bad situation in Florida but dodged the bullet and by all accounts learned from it and has acquitted himself well since, be a nice redemption story if he catches on.

"Patriots UDFA class is good..."

With the lone exception of JC Jackson, this isn't a good UDFA class at all...not by a damn sight.

I like this guy too though the CB group seems a bit crowded. I’m wondering if perhaps Jason McCourty could play safety in a pinch? Maybe Devin can show him the ropes and he can be at least competent at safety... this could perhaps allow the team to need one less DB and then keep a developmental CB in the process.

It’s just tough, I really like the corners! Gilmore/McCourty/Rowe should all be good-to-great, and Jonathan Jones looked pretty good at times last year and is great on ST. Plus Duke Dawson, Cyrus, the PS guys, and J.C. too... that’s a lot of potential.

If not for the red flags he had a chance to go as has as the 2nd round. Great pick up. Hopefully he has his head on straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back