PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Thursday August 4th

Good news for Strong...trending in the right direction as far as health is concerned.

I seriously wonder if Strong was never hurt but working down on the other field learning the finer points of pass blocking and route running... possibly from James White?

He's a small school guy who needed to make a massive jump to the pros.

Jennings is making this team: Going to be some tough cuts on the defensive side of the ball (front 7 specifically)

Love to hear God playing really well during camp....there are a lot of haters out there.

Jennings is making this team: Going to be some tough cuts on the defensive side of the ball (front 7 specifically)

Must admit I was beginning to wonder if this could be his last change to shine. So far , he stands a good chance of being in the 53

So what are tre Nixon 's chances of making the roster? Seems an up and down TC for him so far?

Agholor seems to also have improved significantly. Unless we get a 5th round pick with no cap hit , hard to envision a trade.

Who are going to be the surprise signings ? My vote is for Terrence Mitchell , Montgomery, Jennings , asiasi . Butler is prolly not making the team. Same with Hoyer and some ST folks..

So what are tre Nixon 's chances of making the roster? Seems an up and down TC for him so far?
I think better than 50/50 at this point. With him getting more special team reps, that can be the difference maker.

I really don't have a dog in the Edison-Tesla fight, but I gotta say, the number of Tesla stans that have popped up with stuff like this in the last 20 years is impressive. It's like that old Seinfeld where there was gang that worshipped Martin Van Buren.
They're not wrong.

Agholor seems to also have improved significantly. Unless we get a 5th round pick with no cap hit , hard to envision a trade.

Who are going to be the surprise signings ? My vote is for Terrence Mitchell , Montgomery, Jennings , asiasi . Butler is prolly not making the team. Same with Hoyer and some ST folks..
If Thornton and Nixon shine, Agholor becomes redundant due to his contract.

Or maybe the team just loves having an abundance of speed on the field and trade Meyers instead.

But if the two young guys shine along with Wilkerson (and everybody stays healthy) there will definitely be a roster crunch by the end of preseason and somebody will have to get moved. They won't risk losing a talented player on the PS when the whole league just saw them thrive in preseason, also Wilkerson and Nixon probably won't agree to another stint of Foxboro flu if they know they can play in this league.

If Thornton and Nixon shine, Agholor becomes redundant due to his contract.

Or maybe the team just loves having an abundance of speed on the field and trade Meyers instead.

But if the two young guys shine along with Wilkerson (and everybody stays healthy) there will definitely be a roster crunch by the end of preseason and somebody will have to get moved. They won't risk losing a talented player on the PS when the whole league just saw them shine in preseason, also Wilkerson and Nixon probably won't agree to another stint of Foxboro flu if they know they can play in this league.
Agholor seems to be building good chemistry with Mac and having a really good camp. I would be shocked if he wasn't on the team. Thorton we know is making the team.

You make a good point with Meyers...he is going to be a f/a next year, what is his trade value? I think he is a good. solid number 3/4 receiver, but we have a lot of depth at the position and young talent like Nixon coming on...should be interesting!!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back