PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Friday July 29th

I think my biggest concern going into the year is we seem to have only 5 good OL and we are pretty much guaranteed to see Brown and/or Wynn to miss time. We could slide Onwenu to RT when needed, but we don't really have any good backups (i.e. Karras) this year.
How do you know we don't have "any good back-ups"? Have you seen Desjarlais play? Have you seen Hambright play? What about Russey? Herron is still young. He had a down year last year after surprising his rookie year. Let's wait and see. People surprise all the time.

How do you feel about K Bourne in the slot??
I think that Bourne is going to take the "Edelman" role. Bourne is a catalyst. They need him on the field more often than not. Bourne has shown he can play both the slot and outside.

How do you know we don't have "any good back-ups"? Have you seen Desjarlais play? Have you seen Hambright play? What about Russey? Herron is still young. He had a down year last year after surprising his rookie year. Let's wait and see. People surprise all the time.
I did write “seem”. We don’t have any proven veteran backups that we know we can count on. Rest are wild cards. We better hope they can play if needed.

Herron is probably fine as a RT.

If Brown gets hurt, flip Wynn to LT and put Herron at RT. If Wynn gets hurt, just replace Wynn with Herron at RT.

If Herron isn’t getting it done in either scenario then move Onwenu to RT and replace Onwenu at RG. If none of the young guys pop, there’s always Ferentz from the PS.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back