PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Friday July 29th

How do you feel about K Bourne in the slot??

For me Bourne is an enigma. Nixon and Meyers are slot guys IMO. Agholor, Parker and Thornton are outside guys. But I am not sure about Bourne. I also am not sure Bourne completely gets the depth of the playbook - we signed him for short money and the 9ers let him go at that price for a reason. I am guessing the reason is that Bourne is reactionary, he sees something and reacts as opposed to thinking it through. So Bourne ends up being tough to place and that is why he was cheaper to sign. Having said that Bourne is a great person, very talented, great hands, so the Pats need to fit him in with certain routes that fit his skill set. All my guesses.

More likely he said "screw this I'm Bill f'n Belichick I'm going fishing". On his boat off Nantucket right now. Drinking already.
At 9am. Disgusting. Hefty fine and 10 runs up the hill
Bill the fisherman is killing Bill the coach

A signing that many may have missed last night, end of roster player who probably has 0% chance of making the team. We need camp bodies though...would have preferred Trey Flowers lol.

the rolling stones GIF

Nixon is a younger version of Agholor similar skillset.
I see Nixon as a possible future starting slot receiver. He’s fast but also has the quickness.

• 3 CONE DRILL: 6.81 seconds
Watching the camp videos…he looks very quick and smooth compared to even the potential “starters”.

For me Bourne is an enigma. Nixon and Meyers are slot guys IMO. Agholor, Parker and Thornton are outside guys. But I am not sure about Bourne. I also am not sure Bourne completely gets the depth of the playbook - we signed him for short money and the 9ers let him go at that price for a reason. I am guessing the reason is that Bourne is reactionary, he sees something and reacts as opposed to thinking it through. So Bourne ends up being tough to place and that is why he was cheaper to sign. Having said that Bourne is a great person, very talented, great hands, so the Pats need to fit him in with certain routes that fit his skill set. All my guesses.
I thought Bourne ran a lot of great timing routes with Mac last year. Again, it's probably that the Pats playbook was bloated from years of Brady/JMD adding to it ever year. Lots of plays that no one really used anymore or had fallen out of favor. Coaches tend not to throw anything out. I'm sure by streamlining they meant cutting the book down to the plays they were really going to run and implementing more of the Shannahan style zone blocking scheme. All while adding some more college type plays that Mac ran well.

By faster, I'm betting it means they don't need to know a bloated play book but have cut out the fat. Bourne has a lot of YAC ability and plays well inside and outside. I'm excited to see him really take it to the next level in year 2. Along with Smith breaking out, Henry deepening his connection with Mac and Parker/Thornton making defenses respect the deep ball, opening up more underneath stuff, wheel routes by the backs and making the run game that much more effective.

I'm upset. I think Thorton got to get a nasty streak in him because of his size. Watch this film today.

Cannot let the corner ride you like that i.m.o. Corners are definetly going to do this alot! I'm no coach b.t.w.
Now see how Randy does it!

Wonder if Hoyer is gonna get Zappe'd.

I don't know why they don't just flip him to a coach and be done with it.

I don't know why they don't just flip him to a coach and be done with it.
More hours for less pay. Can’t understand why he’s not begging for it.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back