PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP Day 9 Training Camp Thread- Friday August 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday’s news

Yes

iu

Jonnu Smith acknowledged he will do some things this season that he hasn’t done before. One of those things might be taking handoffs on occasion.

It's all good news for "Mac to the Future" (TM)
But I still think there's no way BB doesn't start Cam week 1, because he's BB. And BB don't start no rookie QB right away. He'll let Cam remind people why we needed to use a 1st rounder, and why any growing pains after the switch is no worse than him. BB might even put a call into Mo Lewis on week 2.

Also, interesting to hear so much about LaCosse. I had him all but gone by the first cutdown, but sounds like he's showing up as well as Henry so far. Which is worrisome for Henry and his huge $$.
I don’t think Henry has anything to worry about with Matt LaCosse….Henry is an elite TE…..Lacosse is average at best and will be lucky to make team…..glad he had a good scrimmage

If this holds, and he takes the job; does Folk get cut, out of respect to let him choose his destination OR trade (with/wout consultation) to get some value back.
he still an above avg kicker-i wonder what anyone would give?

Are they really going to cut Nick Folk (if healthy) whose $1.6 salary is guaranteed, after he hit 92.9% of his field goals with a long of 51 yards for a guy whose reputation is inconsistency?

Of course if they could trade Folk that might be different.

Are they really going to cut Nick Folk (if healthy) whose $1.6 salary is guaranteed, after he hit 92.9% of his field goals with a long of 51 yards for a guy whose reputation is inconsistency?

I thought Folk was at the top of our players in terms of performance for both 2019 & 2020. He’s proven dependable and clutch. Hard to skip on a guy like that - especially a vet who knows the League.

Having said that, I was surprised when BB moved on from Zoltan. But Bailey is a stud, so, there is precedent (?)…

Well they aren’t keeping two; and the new guy won’t stay on PS anymore now tha he showed that; someone will snatch him.

of course, if he dorks up in preseason (real pressure situations) he could still pass to PS,

This is actually from yesterday, but what the hell....

Perry: Mac Jones gains momentum in Patriots QB competition

From the Perry article:

That was on display again Thursday -- particularly in an 11-on-11 period when Newton took five snaps, all of which were run plays from him or his running back teammates. When Jones stepped up after that sequence, he passed on four of six attempts.

again when they report REPs, they only count the pass plays. So Cam‘s 5 run plays aren’t counted by media as practice
while it is really just mcdaniels signaling that this offense will look different depending who is active.
not a fan of platooning, but could you think they might Cam the weak run opponents and Mac the weak pass defences.

It's all good news for "Mac to the Future" (TM)
But I still think there's no way BB doesn't start Cam week 1, because he's BB. And BB don't start no rookie QB right away. He'll let Cam remind people why we needed to use a 1st rounder, and why any growing pains after the switch is no worse than him. BB might even put a call into Mo Lewis on week 2.
Exactly.

BB is doing the right thing but fostering a competition as Cam and Mac are question marks answers are needed.

I think BB prefers a player who has been through an NFL season than a rookie.

However if BB has enough questions about Mac answered to his satisfaction.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes