PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 17 8/25- Joint Practice with Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Cam starting tomorrow is no real indicator of the competition.

What we do know is by Cam's absence, Mac certainly hasn't lost ground.
Even if they would consider staring Mac in game 1, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were no indication of it before game day. But the situation is fluid and everything counts.

Will Ferrell Agree GIF

Agreed - I said in the Sony thread that I was pretty sure Bolden would be a cutdown casualty due to the glut of backs, but with the trade happening, Bolden should be pretty secure now. Good depth guy and it makes special teams better.

The problem with this assumption is that it's unlikely the Pats are going to carry 5 RBs AND a FB. Bolden isn't half the lead blocker that Johnson is. The running game last year was night and day with and without Johnson in the game.

The problem with this assumption is that it's unlikely the Pats are going to carry 5 RBs AND a FB. Bolden isn't half the lead blocker that Johnson is. The running game last year was night and day with and without Johnson in the game.
Can they do it if they cut a QB?

All say this about the compition between Cam and Mac. When Jones takes the hand off i feel confident that hes not going to make a stupid mistake, hes made great decisions so far. When cam takes the hand off anything can happen. He can make a great play or make some bone head mistake.

I think it would be tough to find anyone who disagrees. “We’ll do what’s best for the team.”

With the data starting to mount on Mac...very curious if/when he does get a start what the gameplan will be against him.

Given he's shown tendency simply to take what the defense is giving him/the open receiver:

1) Will it be similar to the middle Oughts with Brady and clog the middle/short and hope to get quick pressure?

Or 2) Typical rookie - multiple coverages/lots of switching of coverages right before the snap?

Or 3) lots of cover-2 to make the QB have to mount 8-10 play drives - test a rookie's patience?

I'm going to make a guess on option #1 - with his tendency toward simply reacting to the defense, I'd think they'll want to speed up his clock as much as possible - maybe with a little of option #2 thrown in. I think #3 plays right into his style.

If anybody is interested, Felger and Mazz are breaking down the five Mac misses from 2-6.

Felger and Mazz have been rooting for Mac to start over Cam for months and are positively giddy over him since the last preseason game FYI

Always fun when people on this forum accuse the 98.5 radio hosts of saying the exact opposite of what they are.

Felger and Mazz have been rooting for Mac to start over Cam for months and are positively giddy over him since the last preseason game FYI

Always fun when people on this forum accuse the 98.5 radio hosts of saying the exact opposite of what they are.
As soon as Mac wins the job, those trolls will be eviscerating him.

Poor Felger and Mazz, those beacons of truth and objectivity always being persecuted so unjustly.

I ass-u-me-d all along Sony was probably gone to keep Boldin. Sony was redundant with the rook playing the way he has and Boldin being a key special team guy plus a capable fill in back.

To me it just makes too much sense to not have it play out this way.

Poor Felger and Mazz, those beacons of truth and objectivity always being persecuted so unjustly.
Poor adults crying about a radio show they can easily just ignore/not listen to

I think the QB competition is officially over. I don't know how Bill can go with Cam for week one after the Covid debacle and Mac shining this week vs the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes