PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 17 8/25- Joint Practice with Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says all the 60 year old women realtors.
My mother in law

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

That's it I am calling it! The Pats defy the odds and win the Super Bowl led by BB's tutiledge, a great opportunistic defense, a legendary running game (by committee), behind a pulverizing o-line and a move the chains while limiting mistakes mentality by the rook QB.

The league loses its ****. Tom Brady declares he is playing into his 50's or until BB retires and vows to have one more ring than the Pats before retiring. He is quoted by "people close to Tom" as saying "Gordy Howe doesn't have **** on me".

BB contemplates retirement but says "let's play two Mac". After hearing Brady's comments.

Fine Print: I reserve the right to delete this post if at anytime it becomes apparent I am not Nostradamus re-incarnated. I also reserve the right to bost about this post if/when it comes to be. And bost I will to all my Patsfans brethren reminding them of my foresight acumen and their laymans understanding of the future prediction and pontification process. All rights reserved mgcolby. No broadcast or reproduction of this post can be made without express written consent.

That's it I am calling it! The Pats defy the odds and win the Super Bowl led by BB's tutiledge, a great opportunistic defense, a legendary running game (by committee), behind a pulverizing o-line and a move the chains while limiting mistakes mentality by the rook QB.

The league loses its ****. Tom Brady declares he is playing into his 50's or until BB retires and vows to have one more ring than the Pats before retiring. He is quoted by "people close to Tom" as saying "Gordy Howe doesn't have **** on me".

BB contemplates retirement but says "let's play two Mac". After hearing Brady's comments.

Fine Print: I reserve the right to delete this post if at anytime it becomes apparent I am not Nostradamus re-incarnated. I also reserve the right to bost about this post if/when it comes to be. And bost I will to all my Patsfans brethren reminding them of my foresight acumen and their laymans understanding of the future prediction and pontification process. All rights reserved mgcolby. No broadcast or reproduction of this post can be made without express written consent.

Well, it's 5 o'clock somewhere, eh?

Well, it's 5 o'clock somewhere, eh?
No fireball or beer induced post today...well thus far. Try to spread those nights out. Too much posting while drinking... while it can lead to some good old fashion humorous posts, it more often than not leads to shame and embarrassment, and not just for the poster but for his entire family.

Where are all these players I keep hearing about that are going to destroy the locker room over over who the whole is because they love newton?

Some good final thoughts today from Lazur...a good read:

1. Mac Jones Catapults Himself Into Starting QB Discussion

Jones made another terrific downfield throw to White along the right sideline with the deep ball to Meyers. White was initially held up, then released down the sideline on a wheel pattern. Jones saw the linebacker playing over the top and put the ball perfectly on White’s back shoulder, and the Pats’ running back adjusted to make the catch. Another strong throw from Jones came earlier when he hit Meyers on a deep in-cut, throwing low and away from oncoming contact to protect his receiver. The lone blemish for Jones was an underthrown deep ball to Nelson Agholor, where Giants safety Xavier McKinney made a great recovery from a post-safety position to nearly intercept a deep corner route. The McKinney near-INT was the only throw that felt even close to a Giants defender most of the practice, and a string of 18-straight completions by Jones brought up one overarching question: “is Jones this good, or is the Giants defense bad?” We will find out if Jones can continue to play at this level on Thursday and Sunday’s preseason finale.

2. Sony Michel Trade Fallout: Uptick in Reps for Rookie RB Rhamondre Stevenson

With starting running back Damien Harris leading off all drills as he has all summer, fourth-round pick Rhamondre Stevenson was the next man up with Michel now in LA. The Patriots are showing their faith in Stevenson by dealing Michel, making the rookie the top backup to Harris in the early-down back role. There’s good reason to believe in Stevenson’s talent. He leads all ball carriers with 140 yards after contact and 12 forced missed tackles in the preseason. Plus, the Oklahoma product had a nice blitz pickup in Wednesday’s practice that highlighted his strengths in a critical area of the game for Patriots running backs. Harris will get the lion’s share of the carries this season, but Stevenson is trending towards the rare running back in New England who makes an impact in his first season with the team.

3. Patriots Defensive Front Confuses Giants O-Line, QB Daniel Jones

The Pats defense also won the day in the first joint practice session. Starting quarterback Daniel Jones had more scrambles (three) than completions of ten-plus yards in the air (two), while New England’s pass-rush was extremely effective. On several occasions, Jones was forced off his spot by unblocked blitzers, as the Giants struggled all morning to pick up multiple pressure looks by the Patriots. I counted at least four free runs at the QB for Dont’a Hightower (two), Kyle Van Noy, and Chase Winovich. At times, it felt like the Giants’ linemen had no idea where the Pats’ rushers were coming from, which was probably a beautiful sight to head coach Bill Belichick. Belichick’s defenses are at their best when they’re confusing the opposition, and Jones struggled to read downfield coverage while the O-Line couldn’t find the pass rushers.

4. WR Gunner Olszewski, OT Yodny Cajuste Take Advantage of Injuries

Another notable development in Wednesday’s practice was an increased workload for Olszewski and Cajuste. With N’Keal Harry’s absence and Nelson Agholor’s early departure, the Patriots turned to Olszewski to work with the starting offense. He caught two passes from Jones in 11-on-11s, including a touchdown near the goal line on the Pats’ juke series (in-cut). Olszewski’s separation skills at the top of routes are improving, and Jones is working efficiently with him on those option-style patterns. As for Cajuste, starting left tackle Isaiah Wynn left practice early, which opened the door for the third-year tackle to rep with the starting O-Line. Cajuste is making a strong impression in joint practices and last Thursday night’s preseason victory over the Eagles. There’s good reason now to think Cajuste will make the 53-man roster.

5. WR Jakobi Meyers Stays Hot With Another Strong Practice

After catching six of seven targets in Tuesday’s practice, Meyers caught four more balls against the Giants defense and drew a defensive holding penalty. Meyers’s quickness and intelligence running routes are his hallmarks, but he’s flashing excellent high-point skills down the field this summer. The Pats wideout has strong hands at the catch point, making fighting through contact and elevating above the defense look natural.

6. DL Christian Barmore, LB Chase Winovich Have Dominant 1-on-1 Reps

The Patriots’ offensive line found themselves in a legitimate scrap with the Giants’ pass rushers on one side of the field after a fight broke out and caused a giant pile-up. But on the other side of the field, rookie Christian Barmore dusted the Giants’ interior line with inside counters, while Chase Winovich’s speed rush was too much for New York’s tackles. Both Barmore and Winovich shine when they’re rushing the passer.

He is quoted by "people close to Tom" as saying "Gordy Howe doesn't have **** on me".
It'll be kind've like when they used to drag out Mercury Morris and Larry Csonka if a team got to 10-0 except it'll be Nat Hickey, Gordie Howe, Jamie Moyer and Julio Franco, as well as old friend Vinatieri...

No problem go to the base assumption of Wynn being hurt again so:
Trent Brown - Karras - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu.

they smartly already practiced this lineup.

Some good final thoughts today from Lazur...a good read:

1. Mac Jones Catapults Himself Into Starting QB Discussion

Jones made another terrific downfield throw to White along the right sideline with the deep ball to Meyers. White was initially held up, then released down the sideline on a wheel pattern. Jones saw the linebacker playing over the top and put the ball perfectly on White’s back shoulder, and the Pats’ running back adjusted to make the catch. Another strong throw from Jones came earlier when he hit Meyers on a deep in-cut, throwing low and away from oncoming contact to protect his receiver. The lone blemish for Jones was an underthrown deep ball to Nelson Agholor, where Giants safety Xavier McKinney made a great recovery from a post-safety position to nearly intercept a deep corner route. The McKinney near-INT was the only throw that felt even close to a Giants defender most of the practice, and a string of 18-straight completions by Jones brought up one overarching question: “is Jones this good, or is the Giants defense bad?” We will find out if Jones can continue to play at this level on Thursday and Sunday’s preseason finale.

2. Sony Michel Trade Fallout: Uptick in Reps for Rookie RB Rhamondre Stevenson

With starting running back Damien Harris leading off all drills as he has all summer, fourth-round pick Rhamondre Stevenson was the next man up with Michel now in LA. The Patriots are showing their faith in Stevenson by dealing Michel, making the rookie the top backup to Harris in the early-down back role. There’s good reason to believe in Stevenson’s talent. He leads all ball carriers with 140 yards after contact and 12 forced missed tackles in the preseason. Plus, the Oklahoma product had a nice blitz pickup in Wednesday’s practice that highlighted his strengths in a critical area of the game for Patriots running backs. Harris will get the lion’s share of the carries this season, but Stevenson is trending towards the rare running back in New England who makes an impact in his first season with the team.

3. Patriots Defensive Front Confuses Giants O-Line, QB Daniel Jones

The Pats defense also won the day in the first joint practice session. Starting quarterback Daniel Jones had more scrambles (three) than completions of ten-plus yards in the air (two), while New England’s pass-rush was extremely effective. On several occasions, Jones was forced off his spot by unblocked blitzers, as the Giants struggled all morning to pick up multiple pressure looks by the Patriots. I counted at least four free runs at the QB for Dont’a Hightower (two), Kyle Van Noy, and Chase Winovich. At times, it felt like the Giants’ linemen had no idea where the Pats’ rushers were coming from, which was probably a beautiful sight to head coach Bill Belichick. Belichick’s defenses are at their best when they’re confusing the opposition, and Jones struggled to read downfield coverage while the O-Line couldn’t find the pass rushers.

4. WR Gunner Olszewski, OT Yodny Cajuste Take Advantage of Injuries

Another notable development in Wednesday’s practice was an increased workload for Olszewski and Cajuste. With N’Keal Harry’s absence and Nelson Agholor’s early departure, the Patriots turned to Olszewski to work with the starting offense. He caught two passes from Jones in 11-on-11s, including a touchdown near the goal line on the Pats’ juke series (in-cut). Olszewski’s separation skills at the top of routes are improving, and Jones is working efficiently with him on those option-style patterns. As for Cajuste, starting left tackle Isaiah Wynn left practice early, which opened the door for the third-year tackle to rep with the starting O-Line. Cajuste is making a strong impression in joint practices and last Thursday night’s preseason victory over the Eagles. There’s good reason now to think Cajuste will make the 53-man roster.

5. WR Jakobi Meyers Stays Hot With Another Strong Practice

After catching six of seven targets in Tuesday’s practice, Meyers caught four more balls against the Giants defense and drew a defensive holding penalty. Meyers’s quickness and intelligence running routes are his hallmarks, but he’s flashing excellent high-point skills down the field this summer. The Pats wideout has strong hands at the catch point, making fighting through contact and elevating above the defense look natural.

6. DL Christian Barmore, LB Chase Winovich Have Dominant 1-on-1 Reps

The Patriots’ offensive line found themselves in a legitimate scrap with the Giants’ pass rushers on one side of the field after a fight broke out and caused a giant pile-up. But on the other side of the field, rookie Christian Barmore dusted the Giants’ interior line with inside counters, while Chase Winovich’s speed rush was too much for New York’s tackles. Both Barmore and Winovich shine when they’re rushing the passer.
Is it safe to say patsfans is no longer concerned about copyright or quoting too much ? I know in the past we had to be careful about articles and things like that but it seems lately it’s not an issue.

Ok good to know that Judon is a positive guy who isn't especially funny
He won't be laughing when they show him footage of former Patriot LB Elandon Roberts lead blocking at the Goal line.

Matt! Goal line package! We aint got any TEs left so get your butt in there!

Tom E Curran declares Jones has won the QB competition.

Hard to argue against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes