PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We ranked 29th on the NFLPA report card this past season.

How were they graded between 2013-2019? Just curious if that info is available.

If anyone is second guessing about taking a QB at 3, well, look at what the Patriots were for 19 years. And what they have become the past four years.

Hint: It's the QB. It's always the QB.
Yup, you don't necessarily need the GOAT at QB but the position is more important than ever. That's why I want to see the Pats go for Kirk Cousins and try to get the QB of the future in the draft.

I swear, I do not understand this overpaying thing. 99% of people take a job based on what pays the most, so are their employers overpaying because they didn't get their employees at a discount?

Or is it only a football thing because some free agents say they were willing to take a little less money to play with so-and-so or not have to go through the process of moving to a new team?
To me it means overpaying for non-elite players like in '21.

Right... I guess I kind of get that. But that's kind of the nature of the beast in a system with a salary cap that keeps increasing. You can only pay for the free agents that are available and there's more money to spend. And there's usually very few free agents who are elite.

Every year, some QB gets a blockbuster deal that makes them the highest-paid QB. It doesn't mean they're elite. It just means that's what the state of the market is when there's more cap money to spend.

In '21, we had lots of money to spend and needed tight ends. We got the two top ones on the market and paid market rates for them. One ended up being worth the deal he was on and the other wasn't. That's just the nature of bringing in free agents.

I pulled back the curtain and I was blinded by the reflection from the six Lombardi trophies.
As I've said in the past: if some fans want to just bask in the glory of past success, that's fine. I'm on the message board to talk about the team as currently constituted, not rub my nipples over things that happened over two decades ago at this point.

Unfortunately, after years of refusing to give players a second contract or draft well, especially on offense, it’s inevitable that they will overpay non-elite players. I actually, think, they need to look at it as a 2 year process for free agency on offense. Spend money this year on a few quality free agents, but make sure you have enough 2025 cap space money to target some players next year too.

As I've said in the past: if some fans want to just bask in the glory of past success, that's fine. I'm on the message board to talk about the team as currently constituted, not rub my nipples over things that happened over two decades ago at this point.
You were not talking about the team as currently constituted. Not even close. You were talking **** about the owners and team. I think the words you used were ashamed, embarrassed and a joke.

The last SB won by the greatest dynasty in the history of football was less than five years ago, not more than two decades ago. You must have confused years with decades.

byvk97r7mgh11.jpg

Right, because not having to worry about your family isn't important. It's probably been 20 years since corporate America began offering daycare to employees onsite. I get you want to come across as a tough chick but it seems like you live under a rock.
it's not on the employers to worry about "taking care of" the families of millionaires especially.
if the pats lose a f/a over daycare, good riddance.

it's not on the employers to worry about "taking care of" the families of millionaires especially.
It was a survey asking employees what they want their company to offer. If I asked the employees at my office what they wanted, I'm sure some of these same things would pop up.

It was a survey asking employees what they want their company to offer. If I asked the employees at my office what they wanted, I'm sure some of these same things would pop up.
they don't have to think of things like the extra liability involved with caring for people's kids either. i worked somewhere that had a daycare. i'm sure they'd want it to be free too... :rolleyes:
but thanks for clarifying. the fact that the survey gave grades to it if it didn't have it is dumb. they should have just put "n/a" under that part.

Last edited:
they don't have to think of things like the extra liability involved with caring for people's kids either. i worked somewhere that had a daycare. i'm sure they'd want it to be free too... :rolleyes:
but thanks for clarifying. the fact that the survey gave grades to it if it didn't have it is dumb. they should have just put "n/a" under tbat part.
Right, but this is a way for the player union to try to put pressure on the teams to offer those things or improve other parts of the employee experience.

It's actually kind of ingenious when you think about it from the union's perspective. Kraft doesn't want to be seen as having bad facilities, so they're now improving them. And the union didn't have to negotiate or give up any player benefit/pay to force Kraft to do it.

I swear, I do not understand this overpaying thing. 99% of people take a job based on what pays the most, so are their employers overpaying because they didn't get their employees at a discount?

Or is it only a football thing because some free agents say they were willing to take a little less money to play with so-and-so or not have to go through the process of moving to a new team?
We will never know if it’s an overpay or not. But if every other offer a guy gets is 10 million and we have to pay 15 to get him that’s an overpay

We will never know if it’s an overpay or not. But if every other offer a guy gets is 10 million and we have to pay 15 to get him that’s an overpay
Unless he turns into Gillmore, then we underpaid for him.

It just seems to me like this is hindsight to blame a GM for making a projection and taking a chance.

Right, but this is a way for the player union to try to put pressure on the teams to offer those things or improve other parts of the employee experience.

It's actually kind of ingenious when you think about it from the union's perspective. Kraft doesn't want to be seen as having bad facilities, so they're now improving them. And the union didn't have to negotiate or give up any player benefit/pay to force Kraft to do it.
Agreed, these players weren't around for the old Foxboro stadium.. lol.. from what I hear the bills stadium is worse and outdated.. aren't they trying to get the state of NY to help with 600 milly in funds? Imagine if ty law, Willie and Co. Were asked about a survey on the old stadium.. question ? I thought in 2017-18 the team did big time renovations to the facilities?

Very interesting.. I remember like most of us do when the old Foxboro stadium was demolished I remember hearing the organization wanted the town of Foxboro to pay for the new stadium.. obviously Gillette thier biggest sponsor stepped up to the plate... I honestly think when the Gillette was built at that time it was a state of the art facility... however over time things change and we were winning. So players dealt with it. However compared to the old Foxboro stadium with metal bench seats and you got dam near frost bit trying to watch a game.. Gillette is a much better facility I'd imagine.

Man what could have been...

4e84232b05f04.image.jpg

Most NFL teams offer this so it's not something unique they are asking for. You really seem to have an issue with employees having benefits.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back