PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 17 8/25- Joint Practice with Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the league, no. Most clubs want their guy to start asap even if it's not the best idea. For us, absolutely. Bill will play rookies but he's more cautious than league average imo.

Like at the end of Brady's final day's I knew Bill would bring in a vet and lean that way post-Brady early on. I think a lot of people did. Just the way he rolls.

Imo it definitely feels like we're trying to get Mac ready to roll asap. Not at all cost but I believe everyone knows he's their best option at righting the ship.

It seems Chi & SF are starting their vets. Kyle wants to try and repeat 2019 (tough to catch lightening in a bottle twice) And between Fields needing to get up to speed, Chicago's OL, it looks like they're comfortable with Dalton this year.

Honestly, the more of Mac we see/read about, the clearer it becomes that he should be the starter.

I would be okay with being cautious if we had a better veteran QB than Cam Newton... but we don't. Cam looked good against the Eagles and he is not having a bad camp, but he is what he is at this point: athletic QB with limited football IQ and whose physical advantages are diminishing. We saw what he did in that offense last year and... it was bad. We DO have better weapons this year, so the overall results could be better, but I feel like starting Cam might not be the best option to win NOW!

Of course, like many fans, I am biased for the shiny new toy :rofl:

In regards to the league, no. Most clubs want their guy to start asap even if it's not the best idea. For us, absolutely. Bill will play rookies but he's more cautious than league average imo.

Like at the end of Brady's final day's I knew Bill would bring in a vet and lean that way post-Brady early on. I think a lot of people did. Just the way he rolls.

Imo it definitely feels like we're trying to get Mac ready to roll asap. Not at all cost but I believe everyone knows he's their best option at righting the ship.

It seems Chi & SF are starting their vets. Kyle wants to try and repeat 2019 (tough to catch lightening in a bottle twice) And between Fields needing to get up to speed, Chicago's OL, it looks like they're comfortable with Dalton this year.
Lance is pushing Jimmy G hard. At the least they will share playing time to start.

Do we know when practice starts today ? Same time ?

Yeah, looks lIke 10.00am to 12.00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes