PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 17 8/25- Joint Practice with Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am serious and stop calling me Shirley

And I'm going to respond this way every time someone says that
Serious Leslie Nielsen GIF by filmeditor

Yup, the Patsfans.com GIF pool has this covered too.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it...but LOL!

The only thing F&M are rooting for is a chance to drag Bill.
You have to understand that for close to 20 years the local media has had to eat Bill's sh!t and LIKE it, because of all the obvious success of the team. So you might have to cut them a 'little" slack if last year's 7-9 season plus some of his draft choices gives them a LITTLE bit of an excuse to come back at him for those 20 years of perceived insults.

Remember for many mediots it IS all about them. And Bill rarely allowed them into any Patriot insights.. Unlike Parcells, Bill is dower, laconic, with rarely an interesting quote or observation. In other words he makes the mediots who follow the team work HARD. or at least harder than they would like.

I am still hoping they keep J.Johnson as a FB/4th tight end....but I probably cant justify it.
@PatsWickedPissah .......Sorry, I meant that I did not have the knowledge to justify the pick but RobertWeathers did it for me (thanks). I would keep Johnson for those reasons

Just to be clear, you're saying that Bill Belichick will make his roster decisions based on political correctness, worrying about appearances, and desire to please the NFL public relations department. And that the NFL doesn't give white quarterbacks a fair chance.

And that a decision to start a veteran QB over a rookie in an exhibition game will prove all of this.

And that you're not really kidding?
Well, tomorrow won't even be a game, just another joint practice.

I think he’ll start Cam tomorrow either way. He has to have something to compare Mac’s performance today against.
Maybe that after Max threw like 150 passes in three days he wants to give him a lighter day.

but I don’t know how you can start Cam with a straight face after this week. Except for the Philly game where Cam was great against backup and non existant pass rush, Max has been the better QB through TC and if you take into consideration the progression he should continue to have if he plays in regular season, on my mind, it’s a no brainer to start Mac.

Mac is the real deal. Now please find him some real WRs! Agofloor cant stay healthy! Trade for a real number 1
Indeed
Let's not ask the impossible of him like we did with Brady for most of his career. QBs need top end targets to flourish. Give him help and pay whatever it cost, cause we sure as he'll ain't drafting it.

Indeed
Let's not ask the impossible of him like we did with Brady for most of his career. QBs need top end targets to flourish. Give him help and pay whatever it cost, cause we sure as he'll ain't drafting it.
BodDigital....why does that name sound familar. ESPN boards in the early 2000's? Patriotsplanet?

Maybe that after Max threw like 150 passes in three days he wants to give him a lighter day.

but I don’t know how you can start Cam with a straight face after this week. Except for the Philly game where Cam was great against backup and non existant pass rush, Max has been the better QB through TC and if you take into consideration the progression he should continue to have if he plays in regular season, on my mind, it’s a no brainer to start Mac.
Bill has always said if you do not practice you do not play, he has held that mantra, so if he goes against it now, then we now know that Cam has some naked pictures of him with a dolphin and he is making threats to leak them.

Bill has always said if you do not practice you do not play, he has held that mantra, so if he goes against it now, then we now know that Cam has some naked pictures of him with a dolphin and he is making threats to leak them.
This is not the regular season. This is all practice. Even the games are practice.

Yea but he aligns with what I think and thats all that matters.

:p
oh ****, straight in the face
white famous GIF by Showtime

now he is a good teammate as well?
oh c'mon Mac, don't take the last good thing from Cam, what are others supposed to put on the table in favour of him to be the starting QB? like whats left? he has nice teeth? better dressed? hmmm :whistle:

This is not the regular season. This is all practice. Even the games are practice.
Have to prepare like its real though. Cam has not practiced all week, throwing him out there in a game would not do him wonders. Taking first team snaps that Jones has is in prep for the game, Preseason is winding down, you have to do things more like the season at this point. There would really be zero reason to not start Jones this week.

Have to prepare like its real though. Cam has not practiced all week, throwing him out there in a game would not do him wonders. Taking first team snaps that Jones has is in prep for the game, Preseason is winding down, you have to do things more like the season at this point. There would really be zero reason to not start Jones this week.
Whether or not I agree with the notion that Jones should start this week, your original position was that Cam should not be allowed to play at all. My point was that such is a misunderstanding of practice v. game. If Cam is ready, he should take snaps in the exhibition. That's how you prepare for the season, and goodness knows Cam needs all the prep he can get.

And none of us should give a rat's ass who starts at QB, if it's just for the sake of starting because Cam missed time. What matters is who the QBs play with and, to a lesser extent, how long. So, if BB puts Jones in for the first drive with the ones, then pulls him and plays Cam for an entire half, with the ones, what is it going to matter that Jones took the first snaps?

Probably nothing

Whether or not I agree with the notion that Jones should start this week, your original position was that Cam should not be allowed to play at all. My point was that such is a misunderstanding of practice v. game. If Cam is ready, he should take snaps in the exhibition. That's how you prepare for the season, and goodness knows Cam needs all the prep he can get.

And none of us should give a rat's ass who starts at QB, if it's just for the sake of starting because Cam missed time. What matters is who the QBs play with and, to a lesser extent, how long. So, if BB puts Jones in for the first drive with the ones, then pulls him and plays Cam for an entire half, with the ones, what is it going to matter that Jones took the first snaps?

Probably nothing
Today Cam should get back up reps and Sunday Mac should play the first half with the ones. Cam the 3rd quarter with the twos and Hoyer the 4th with the threes

Anybody have any insight on this guy? I heard he’s been playing well for NYG. Maybe someone we’d be interested in..

I was a fan of his during his last year at WV. Great hands and knows how to get open. Good size too.

Just wonder if Cam will be put in first today to "better" Macs performance ? But, is it better to keep the ball rolling with Mac and ask for more from him.

Has he really been fast tracked any more than the other round 1 guys? Seems like all of them have been getting similar opportunities in games and practices.
In regards to the league, no. Most clubs want their guy to start asap even if it's not the best idea. For us, absolutely. Bill will play rookies but he's more cautious than league average imo.

Like at the end of Brady's final day's I knew Bill would bring in a vet and lean that way post-Brady early on. I think a lot of people did. Just the way he rolls.

Imo it definitely feels like we're trying to get Mac ready to roll asap. Not at all cost but I believe everyone knows he's their best option at righting the ship.

It seems Chi & SF are starting their vets. Kyle wants to try and repeat 2019 (tough to catch lightening in a bottle twice) And between Fields needing to get up to speed, Chicago's OL, it looks like they're comfortable with Dalton this year.

BodDigital....why does that name sound familar. ESPN boards in the early 2000's? Patriotsplanet?
All of the above my man. I take it I was an insufferable edge-lord back then, which is why you remember me? ;)

In actually you probably remember the name cause I had, and still do have, the perchant for making the occasional really really REALLY long post.

Well, tomorrow won't even be a game, just another joint practice.

Except it won't be just another "practice." If Mac continues to take first team reps, that's going to speak volumes.

I am still hoping they keep J.Johnson as a FB/4th tight end....but I probably cant justify it.
The offense needs a Fb. He’s a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand