PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We ranked 29th on the NFLPA report card this past season.

Right, but this is a way for the player union to try to put pressure on the teams to offer those things or improve other parts of the employee experience.

It's actually kind of ingenious when you think about it from the union's perspective. Kraft doesn't want to be seen as having bad facilities, so they're now improving them. And the union didn't have to negotiate or give up any player benefit/pay to force Kraft to do it.
Most other teams offer this service. It makes sense to offer it as it reduces stress and distractions.

Most other teams offer this service. It makes sense to offer it as it reduces stress and distractions.
Yeah, but I can also see why hardass Bill didn't take childcare and a family room seriously. I suspect it'll change now with Mayo and Wolf involved.

it's not on the employers to worry about "taking care of" the families of millionaires especially.
if the pats lose a f/a over daycare, good riddance.
This is about how families are treated on game day by the team. My understanding the Pats just block off some concourse space with a curtain and give them some barbecue. It’s not unrealistic for players to expect more that that.

Most NFL teams offer this so it's not something unique they are asking for. You really seem to have an issue with employees having benefits.
i think a lot of employees are too soft,yes.
nfl players are not really employees. they are more like independent contractors.

This is about how families are treated on game day by the team. My understanding the Pats just block off some concourse space with a curtain and give them some barbecue. It’s not unrealistic for players to expect more that that.
i had heard on sirius that the daycare thing had to do with whenever they are on site,practice etc.
it's silly to expect your workplace to have somewhere free your kids can be dumped off at all times.
families should have a decent place on gameday though. preferably away from all fans,who can be assholes to them.

On the other hand…..Gilette Stadium was mostly funded without public funds…so maybe Kraft deserves a little leeway as opposed to the majority of teams that held cities hostage to fund their stadiums.

Yup. The team has made it clear that new facilities are in the design stage. When it is a private business, vs. a public extortion, these things run on cyclical plans. You build a set of facilities, plan for annual maintenance costs, and then put the whole thing on a depreciation schedule which sets up your timing for replacing it entirely. That stuff is all wired into the financial planning for the business. There's no evidence that the Patriots aren't following that schedule. And I'd guess that daycare and family facilities will be part of that design.

There are some random things on here that are curious, like the seats on the planes being small. I'd bet there's a backstory to that kind of thing.

Competent work by the NFLPA to use this stuff as leverage, though.

i think a lot of employees are too soft,yes.
nfl players are not really employees. they are more like independent contractors.
You sound like a Karen.

At least we have the new giant scoreboard/jumbotron and light house!! Those are awesome! I'm sure RK will buy some new weights once the club boxes are renovated.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back