PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots trade Justin Herron to the Raiders

1) A healthy Cajuste passed Herron on the depth chart.

2) Cannon worked out fine. He could be elevated to the 53 to replace Herron (my choice, with a 2 year deal) or he could stay on the Practice Squad.
The surprise isn't that it happened, but that it took this long. IIRC, Cajuste was supposed to have first-round talent but fell because of injuries.

I thought he showed some promise last year, but this is the ultimate you're a JAG trade.

Regression of Herron this preseason was baffling. He was filling 3 spots quite decently his 1st yr.
He still might be upgrade for LV OL..

Despite minimal compensation this is good news on multiple levels hopefully meaning they'd rather kick Onwenu at RT if need be than leave it to a backup liability + maybe they saw Cannon has yet some juice left (although he did not look good in HOU still better than 2022 Herron)

The surprise isn't that it happened, but that it took this long. IIRC, Cajuste was supposed to have first-round talent but fell because of injuries.
Bill waited for a #4 OT (no need to rush)

Bill must really think Herron sucks if he's giving him to McDaniels.

I appreciate McDaniels taking on players that the Patriots no longer wanted. I doubt many teams were clamoring to trade for Herron or Stidham.

I'm extremely here for trading players in return for picks at this stage of building process.

I think that Ekuale coming back will lead to Carl Davis being dumped and Cannon taking his spot on the "53"
Ekuale and Carl Davis have little to do with each other. Davis is our situational NT against the run, Ekuale is a pass rushing DT only imo at this point

It’s pretty wild we manage to get anything for Stidham, Harry and Herron.

True, looking at this group now: Wynn, Trent, Yodny, Cannon (if he's in good shape) seems like a pretty strong group. Unfortunately all of them are injury prone lol.

That's... exactly what he's saying? I feel like this is always how they word it.
It's absolutely always written this way. Everyone knows what it means lol

With Cajuste as the swing Tackle, just no room for him. When you can't block anyone during the summer and your nickname becomes turnstile, I guess this is what happens:

Sucky Deal, helping McDumbass.
Man I hate this kinda ****! Bah

There you go again Billy, doing solids for your proteges at the expense of your own team...

Herron sucks, but he's a better LT than Cachoo, who should do ok at RT but whom I would NOT trust to protect my starting QB at LT.

And WTF is wrong with having TWO backup OTs on the 53? Answer: Not a ****ing Thing.

There you go again Billy, doing solids for your proteges at the expense of your own team...

Herron sucks, but he's a better LT than Cachoo, who should do ok at RT but whom I would NOT trust to protect my starting QB at LT.

And WTF is wrong with having TWO backup OTs on the 53? Answer: Not a ****ing Thing.
Is counting a problem? After Cannon joins the 53, we will have Brown, Wynn, Cajuste, Cannon and Onwenu. The need for a 6th isn't clear to most of us.

Terrific; now we have even less depth at that position than we didn't have already...

Pray for health...
Belichick chose to have SIX cornerbacks on the 53 (plus 7 safeties). Would you have chosen to keep SEVEN corners?

Is counting a problem? After Cannon joins the 53, we will have Brown, Wynn, Cajuste, Cannon and Onwenu. The need for a 6th isn't clear to most of us.

I'm not counting on Cannon for anything whatsoever... He was Finished here after 2019.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back