PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Patriots trade Justin Herron to the Raiders

Best part of this trade is that it looks like they think Cajuste is a keeper. He's certainly got a higher ceiling than Herron.

Interested to see what the flipped picks are. Hard to imagine they'd be very high, so probably a Patriots 7th for a raiders 6th? No way they'd be swapping picks in the same round this early in the season when you don't know where each team will finish. Either way, it being in 2024 already means this is a low impact move, compensation wise.

EDIT: Also wonder if this means Cannon gets promoted.
Breer said a Pats 2024 7th for a Raiders 2024 6th.

Quite shocking Micky D is 0-2. Must win at Titans who are also 0-2 and are feeling the same pressure.

His wording is odd. Why not say The Patriots will receive 2024 sixth and seventh round picks from the Raiders for Justin Herron.
because you read it wrong...

WE get a 6th round pick

the raiduhs get Herron and a 7th round pick

and eh... i kept calling him frank herron anyways, who was here for just a cup of coffee

Last edited:
I know the Raiders are getting a 7th but that's not what he is saying here. That's my point. At not point is he saying the Raiders are receiving a 7th.

"Trade terms: The Patriots will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick from the Raiders for Justin Herron and a 2024 seventh-round pick, per source."

That's... exactly what he's saying? I feel like this is always how they word it.

I know the Raiders are getting a 7th but that's not what he is saying here. That's my point. At not point is he saying the Raiders are receiving a 7th.

"Trade terms: The Patriots will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick from the Raiders for Justin Herron and a 2024 seventh-round pick, per source."
that is exactly what he is saying... maybe he could have been a little less verbose but eh...

I forgot about this. They could possibly use this spot to bring Ekuale back, then elevate Cannon if they need the extra tackle on game day for three weeks.

I think that Ekuale coming back will lead to Carl Davis being dumped and Cannon taking his spot on the "53"

Yeah the correct wording should be "Trade terms: The Patriots will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick from the Raiders for Justin Herron and the Raiders will receive a 2024 seventh-round pick in return, per source."

That sounds WAY more cumbersome to me.

Trade terms:

The Patriots will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick from the Raiders

For

Justin Herron and a 2024 seventh-round pick

1) A healthy Cajuste passed Herron on the depth chart.

2) Cannon worked out fine. He could be elevated to the 53 to replace Herron (my choice, with a 2 year deal) or he could stay on the Practice Squad.

hqdefault.jpg

Useless fact about me: Every time I try to remember how this song goes, it just turns into Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd in my head.
Glad I’m not the only one.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back