PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for WR Mohamed Sanu, for a second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am usually not a fan of moving a starter to another position to replace an injured player, I usually feel like you are ultimately weakening two positions. BUT, if the Pats were somehow to get Trent William's for a 3rd rounder, I would be totally cool with moving Thuney to Center and Wynn to G when he comes back. I would say even Cannon but then you mess with three positions and that my friends is just plain crazy.

Seems unlikely since the Browns have been trying very hard to get Trent, unsuccessfully. But it's also possible the Skins are holding out for the best offer up to the last minute. Not sure what their incentive would be to wait until the offseason. He obviously doesn't want to play there and I would think you would get the best compensation from a team who thinks the missing piece to a playoff berth/SB is an All Pro LT.

I am usually not a fan of moving a starter to another position to replace an injured player, I usually feel like you are ultimately weakening two positions. BUT, if the Pats were somehow to get Trent William's for a 3rd rounder, I would be totally cool with moving Thuney to Center and Wynn to G when he comes back. I would say even Cannon but then you mess with three positions and that my friends is just plain crazy.

Seems unlikely since the Browns have been trying very hard to get Trent, unsuccessfully. But it's also possible the Skins are holding out for the best offer up to the last minute. Not sure what their incentive would be to wait until the offseason. He obviously doesn't want to play there and I would think you would get the best compensation from a team who thinks the missing piece to a playoff berth/SB is an All Pro LT.
The Patriots have already offered a first-round pick to the Redskins for Williams and were turned down.

It takes two to trade.

The Patriots have already offered a first-round pick to the Redskins for Williams and were turned down.

It takes two to trade.

First I am hearing of this. And thank god they turned that down, if true, which I am suspect of. A 1st round pick for a 31 year old LT? No thanks. Rolling with Newsome until Wynn gets back at those prices.

People see 2nd round pick and they start thinking a pick in the 30s. This is going to be like a 3rd rounder where we’ll be picking.

People see 2nd round pick and they start thinking a pick in the 30s. This is going to be like a 3rd rounder where we’ll be picking.

Yep I agree, first thing my brother said when he texted me about the trade. It's basically a high 3ed round pick, not bad for a proven guy with a year left on his contract. Now hopefully he gets the system and quick.

You can bring two players off IR, correct? And do the Patriots now need to designate a spot to Harry since he’s practicing? Develin and Wynn seem more indispensable to the offense and are needs.

Develin is done. I dont understand why people still bring him up.

It takes two to trade.

Except that most probably never happened. They are getting Wynn back after the BYE and dont have the money to make Williams work.

Another one of those rumors thrown around by people that somehow for some became a fact even though it makes zero sense financially and from roster management perspective.

If Sanu works out really well here I think he could end up being what Anquan Boldin was to the '10-'12 Ravens.
Interesting comp. I was thinking peak David Givens but, um, I’ll take that.

Yep it'll be in the 60s

why do i always confushed Sanu with TJ Houshmandzadeh...

have the Pats announced a roster move for Sanu?

most years, I pretty much divide the draft into sub sets that differ from rds.
1-5, 6-12, 13-25, 26-40, 40-75., 76-100 like that.

Last edited:
So Sanu is a Big Slot guy who should take some of the heat off Edelman there I like. :cool:

Last edited:
Do you think we are done making trades for WR and/or TE ?
It'll be great if they can pick up another OL.

have the Pats announced a roster move for Sanu?
Not yet. We’ll find out by practice today when reporters notice who is missing. If no one is other than the known injured, then it’s likely an IR move. Hope it’s not Gordon to IR. Other candidates are LaCosse and Izzo to IR if Izzo’s concussion is bad. If it’s not and he cleared protocol, and it’s not an IR move for any of the others, I think the most likely move is to release Tomlinson.

I haven't heard any rumors about who will be cut to make room for Sanu, but I expect a TE, possibly Izzo, to IR. As for overpaying for Sanu, the 2020 draft trade value chart shows BB paid 270 points to get Sanu, while the Niners paid 165 points for Sanders, getting back 38 points from the Broncos, for what it's worth. Remember, Sanders is a one year rental and Sanu is under contract through next season.

I haven't heard any rumors about who will be cut to make room for Sanu, but I expect a TE, possibly Izzo, to IR. As for overpaying for Sanu, the 2020 draft trade value chart shows BB paid 270 points to get Sanu, while the Niners paid 165 points for Sanders, getting back 38 points from the Broncos, for what it's worth. Remember, Sanders is a one year rental and Sanu is under contract through next season.

Also a non negligible age difference, also Sanu is coming off what could be argued as a career year (albeit not a very high peak) whereas Sanders has been statistically declining and missing time for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes