PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Trade for Michael Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money's not bad as is, but the baggage (age, attitude, incidents) sucks.
I think it should be viewed from the perspective of best available Flowers replacement, unfortunately. Perhaps Trey came back with numbers.

Wonder how his demands for more money are going to be seen?

Michael Bennett wants a raise

Thats his agent answering to the pay cut calls from PHI. Since there are no guarantees in his contract left both might be interested in restructure w Pats having all the leverage.. Current cap hit of 7.2M might get even lower..

Good acquistion if the Pats didn't give too much. Bennett is still a solid player, but he is at the end of the line. He is cheap though for this year.

That’s more or less the equivalent of a 2019 7th round pick. In return, Bennett doesn’t count in the comp pick formula.

Simon may be 1-2 mil. So that's a decent amount saved if Clayborn is cut and Simon isnt re-signed

Love it! Just the value I wanted.

Does anyone know why Philly wanted to get rid of him anyway? I mean for the type of player he is 7.2 and 8M with nothing guaranteed is a good deal. Do they really have no other contracts they can dump? I am just wondering what is causing the Eagles to let go of him.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
I think it should be viewed from the perspective of best available Flowers replacement, unfortunately. Perhaps Trey came back with numbers.

Flopping a 5 and 7 next , combined with the deal not being guaranteed, makes it pretty much a nothing cost. So, while I don't really want the guy, I don't not want the guy, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3