PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Trade for Michael Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Aging” Bennett was significantly more productive than “Prime” Jackson last season. It wasn’t even remotely close. 9 sacks to 3.5, 30 QB hits to 12, 15 TFLs to 7.

They don't play exactly the same position/role.

I’d actually prefer they stay in the locker room personally. Less of a distraction with no cameras trying to get shots to enrage the populace.

Id prefer players on the field and anthems where they belong.. but we digress

Geezus this thread.

giphy.gif

That makes it even worse of a distraction since the TB12 method is known to go contrary to team doctor's advice...

Just because it’s from a team doctor doesn’t make it better or correct

I agree with his statement that conversation is important. Especially the way things are today. Civil discourse at times seems so difficult.

Politics in the work place? Doesn’t sound like a good idea or a necessary thing to me.

I probably overreacted to the headline by saying I kind of hope he gets cut. But I definitely stand by my overall point of leaving politics out of the lockerroom

Just because it’s from a team doctor doesn’t make it better or correct

I agree with his statement that conversation is important. Especially the way things are today. Civil discourse at times seems so difficult.

Politics in the work place? Doesn’t sound like a good idea or a necessary thing to me.

I probably overreacted to the headline by saying I kind of hope he gets cut. But I definitely stand by my overall point of leaving politics out of the lockerroom
Find me a business anywhere where people don't talk about politics along with sports, weather, TV, etc. Everyone does it. It's how it is done that matters most.

@Zuma That’s not entirely the case. Ian nuked the PoFo because it had become a black eye on his site and what he wanted this place to be. And given when the nuking took place, it was before it would have gotten much worse (Post January 2017)

Unless there is a directive I am not aware of, I’m pretty sure the Pub isn’t meant to be the PoFo.

I love how people just now are finding out that Bennett knelt for the anthem. He was one of the most prominent the past couple years. For an issue that gets everyone so riled up, people don't seem to be paying very close attention to the details.

I don't see anything funny about people bringing their politics to a place it doesn't belong. If @Ian wanted it here he wouldn't have closed down the political forum. If you want to talk politics here's a place for you to go and argue with folks till your heart's content. Have fun...

The Briefing Room - A Conservative Political Hub

I thought political and other non-football related topics went there. My mistake.

You could be absolutely correct, but I have never seen it stipulated as such.

I will grant the tagline on the Pub is a little ambiguous. "The place where you can come in, sit down, and talk about life outside of football. Talk about your favorite band, music, food, TV show, whatever. Pull up a chair and come on in!"

Maybe the whatever part covers Politics. However on the flip side, the Pub existed in concert with the PoFo so it seems like its intent was "Politics there, everything else not football related here".

We live in divided times, further compounded by the anonymity of the internet,(most people are anonymous, me personally, I shared everything on the PoFo including pics of me, my wife and kids, so I personally was a fairly open person) so the desire for civility remains, in many cases, that elusive unicorn.

I mean just look at this thread. No Politics allowed and even when it sneaks in, its the exact opposite of civil.

I don’t have a safe space. My political beliefs are irrelevant. I actually love talking about politics. Unfortunately, A place for that doesn’t exist here anymore.

That's right, it doesn't exist. But there are places to go and find it. This message board is clearly not the place.

That's right, it doesn't exist. But there are places to go and find it. This message board is clearly not the place.

Mods hard at work! Appreciated. My day just got more productive :D

While I would prefer he stands with the team if he wants to stay in the locker room so be it.
I’ve found myself no longer caring about this issue at this point.

With Bennett: Stay in the locker room and come out. I don’t like you as a person, but do your thing for us, and help us win.

Somehow my comment was removed ...which was “I thought political and other non-football related topics went there. My mistake.”

I’ve found myself no longer caring about this issue at this point.

With Bennett: Stay in the locker room and come out. I don’t like you as a person, but do your thing for us, and help us win.
Agree. There is still an important discussion to be had but I'm exhausted from the pre-discussion discussion.

You inferred that Brandon King was a free agent by including him with Humber and McClellan. And you're wrong on that as well since King's hit is 1.35975M. You add that to the 1.03M and 930K and you're wll beyond 3M. Which is 11% more than Ebner's cap hit. >>> No i did not. He is not a FA and i said that 3 of them = Ebner (cap wise) and i stand correct. {/quote]

Yes, you did. And no matter how you try and spin it you were wrong.

I'm not wrong about their salaries for this year. Read the chart. Humber is a 10 year veteran and McClellan is a 7 year vet. >> I use OTC

You claim to use OTC, but I noticed you didn't bother to post a link to their page so you could cite their numbers for the veteran minimums..

Here it is off of NFL.com.

2019 NFL free agency glossary: All the terms you need to know

Unfortunately for you, your claim that Humber and McClellan were better for the team than Ebner doesn't actually hold water since Ebner didn't lost playing time to them. You know who lost playing time? Nicholas Grigsby. He was cut. Know who else? Kenjon Barner. He was cut. Know who else? Obi Melifanwu. >>

Again i did not say that; I said they improved a bad unit and that's a fact. Ebner was not the reason because he already was there. I would keep the guys who improved my unit and are cheaper (combined) and move on from a guy that i can not remember the last good play he made.

You offer nothing to support the idea that Humber and McClellan played better than Ebner on special teams. >>> Search for ST ranks after and before McCllelan and Humber arrive and you will see they were the worst unit ranked. They were 29th in kickoff return, 31st in punt return yards and 26th in covering kickoffs and punts.

BTW, if you look it up. Except for the 1 game he missed, Ebner played between 75-90% of the ST snaps except for the game against Detroit. McClellan and Humber were between 65-70% of the snaps for the games they were here. >>> He has a big role on a REAL bad ST unit. That is n0t a good point to emphasize.

Clearly you don't understand how special teams works. One or two players not doing their job can screw the whole unit. Ebner was one of the best players on special teams all season. He was one of the constants. It's pure ignorance to say that the team was bad because of him and that they should get rid of him because the team improved by adding McClellan and Humber when Ebner was still there. The team got rid of the bad players it had on the special teams units. That's why it improved.

I don't care that you don't remember when he last made a good play. Your memory of things doesn't mean a damn thing.

You have to be completely ignorant if you think that BB wouldn't cut Ebner if he felt that Ebner was the main reason behind the units being as bad as they were..

BTW... real cute of you to not bother to actually show your information and to tell others to go look it up.

Clearly you don't understand how special teams works. One or two players not doing their job can screw the whole unit. Ebner was one of the best players on special teams all season. He was one of the constants. It's pure ignorance to say that the team was bad because of him and that they should get rid of him because the team improved by adding McClellan and Humber when Ebner was still there. The team got rid of the bad players it had on the special teams units. That's why it improved.

I don't care that you don't remember when he last made a good play. Your memory of things doesn't mean a damn thing.

You have to be completely ignorant if you think that BB wouldn't cut Ebner if he felt that Ebner was the main reason behind the units being as bad as they were..

BTW... real cute of you to not bother to actually show your information and to tell others to go look it up.

Ebner Fanboy :eek: i have seen all ...

Before McClellan and Humber: 29th in kickoff return, 31st in punt return yards and 26th in covering kickoffs and punts >>> What do you call this?

Ebner was one of the best players on special teams all season. He was one of the constants. >>> BTW... real cute of you to not bother to actually show any information to support this

I don't care that you don't remember when he last made a good play. Your memory of things doesn't mean a damn thing. >>> You can't remember either. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back