PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots to host divisional round game Saturday night January 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we have some snow.

I hate the Saturday afternoon game, but like the Saturday Night game.

I LOVE the Saturday game. Gives the opponent one less day to recover, and gives us 1 extra day to prepare for the following week.

Unfortunately, it didn't help us last year.

I like that. We know we are in (hopefully) the AFCCP and get to watch KC host probably the Steelers the nest day knowing we are in. It is the better day in my opinion. The earlier Saturday game would have been even more desirable but I will take it.

I don't know how to do a poll but who do you think the Pats opponent will be?

1. Dolphins
2. Houston
3. Oakland

Not the Dolphins, they are likely to lose to Pittsburgh. No clue on Houston and Oakland. Guessing Houston based on better defense.

That is the best game, the place will be rocking

I LOVE the Saturday Night Time Slot....absolutely LOVE IT!!!

I'll be the first to say, however, that I'm SHOCKED that we have it. AFter all, I could easily see our game being the least attractive of all four matchups.

I mean, a Dallas game against Green Bay would be big but a Dallas vs Giants game would be gi-normous in terms of hype and hoopla.

Again, I'll take it. I love the Saturday Night timeslot.

The KC divisional game last year was also 4:00 Saturday.

8 PM is my favorite time slot, but 4 PM is a great consolation

Sun at 1 PM is the worst in my opinion. I feel like every playoff game should have a 'primetime' feel. Sunday at 1 just doesn't do it for me.

If you give the Saturday game to a bye week team you are creating an unfair advantage if the team they play the next week isn't also a Saturday team. I never figured out why they do it. This is the most important part of the season. Why would you create an "unfair advantage". Oh, Roger. :rolleyes:

But it's sort of fair in that the bye week teams have earned that advantage, no?

I'll be the first to say, however, that I'm SHOCKED that we have it. AFter all, I could easily see our game being the least attractive of all four matchups.

I mean, a Dallas game against Green Bay would be big but a Dallas vs Giants game would be gi-normous in terms of hype and hoopla.

NFC would be on Fox, not CBS. CBS has the Saturday night time slot (if I understand things correctly).

Can we just talk about that Giants vs Packers game for a minute? There's going to be fireworks in that match up! Get your popcorn ready

NFC would be on Fox, not CBS. CBS has the Saturday night time slot (if I understand things correctly).

Ok, that would make sense. I thought there was an 'every other year AFC vs NFC' pattern to the timeslots but then the NFC had the 8 PM timeslots two years in a row (CAR at SEA in 2014, GB at ARI in 2015) so I figured the patterns were out the window and it was just best matchup.

Can we just talk about that Giants vs Packers game for a minute? There's going to be fireworks in that match up! Get your popcorn ready

Haterproof, I am with you. Pats are first and foremost for me, but my NFC team has been the Packers for 20+ years. (We all have an NFC team, right? A team that you root for even though your love for them is far less than your devotion to hte Pats).

So my NFC team vs the hated Giants..........count me as one of those who will be glued to that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes